Discovery Gaming Community
False Flag Operations (See inside) - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: False Flag Operations (See inside) (/showthread.php?tid=74233)

Pages: 1 2

False Flag Operations (See inside) - Vape - 02-05-2012

Was reading a bit and came across the concept of a false flag operation.

Basically this is when a military force will disguise itself as the enemy to so confusion or ambush, etc. (I know this is a horrible definition, I am likely butchering it), but regardless, my question is this:

Would this be acceptable in game on the server with rules (obviously it would be for RP etc.).

I ask because it would involve the changing of IFFs to lure the enemy into a false sense of security, etc.

Is it feasible? I've no idea,I just think its a concept that's worth discussion.

Discuss

False Flag Operations (See inside) - DarthBindo - 02-05-2012

Not in-game using game mechanics.
The admins recently issued a ruling that one cannot tag a ship with the common indie tag of it's enemies.
That being said, having a freelancer/merc pretending to help the navy whilst informing on them, or having a pirate get into the liberty lawful group is a not uncommon occurence.

False Flag Operations (See inside) - Skullz - 02-05-2012

Only real exception is wilde players, for roleplay reasons.

' Wrote:Only real exception is wilde players, for roleplay reasons.
I see no exceptions in the ruling handed down, irregardless of roleplay.
Wouldn't it be roleplay for the QCP or the KNF to do the same?

False Flag Operations (See inside) - Skullz - 02-05-2012

So aren't Wilde players allowed to use the Rheinland Military IFF anymore, for which is what they represent in roleplay, when they are not being untoward humans.

' Wrote:So aren't Wilde players allowed to use the Rheinland Military IFF anymore, for which is what they represent in roleplay, when they are not being untoward humans.
The admins have not handed down a ruling about IFF's matching, at least not that I know of.
I am talking about the tags.
RNS, RM-

False Flag Operations (See inside) - EisenSeele - 02-05-2012

LNS-ThunderBay
LNS-Tundra

False Flag Operations (See inside) - Reverend Del - 02-05-2012

Aeneid: Wrong. Neither of those were false flag operations. One was a nommie infested cruiser, the other was a defector to the Order. Both of which ended up full hostile to the LN after their switch.

False Flag Operations (See inside) - MB52 - 02-06-2012

I don't use the LNS tag either.

False Flag Operations (See inside) - kikatsu - 02-06-2012

So you can't do things like take a ship and name it something like LNS-Texas and it is actually Rheinland gunboat with Rheinland Military ID and IFF?