Discovery Gaming Community
Raven's Talon - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Raven's Talon (/showthread.php?tid=74300)

Pages: 1 2 3

Raven's Talon - Rommie - 02-05-2012

So I decided to try out what Doom made with the Moldy Crow (I'm such an idea thief) and this is what happened.

Meaning it's pretty much the same model that everyone likes, with a few tweaks, and a new texture job.

Now this is how the model looks before I decided the texture scheme doesn't really look that well, considering the old/current model. I tried to avoid changing the mesh too much.

-2100 Polygons.

[Image: rtd1.png]

[Image: rtd2.png]

[Image: rtd3.png]
And this is how it looks ingame, after I tweaked the material file a bit (Thanks Jinx), and darkened the civilian textures.

[Image: rt1.png]

[Image: rt2.png]

[Image: rt3.png]

[Image: rt4.png]

[Image: rt5.png]

The engines are now empty on the inside, so you can see through to the other end, which I think is nice.
The cockpit stays black because I like it that way:P

So, use it? Don't use it? Use it with the default textures? Use it with the darkened textures?

Raven's Talon - jammi - 02-05-2012

Cockpit needs redoing, badly. It's huge. Not good.

Once the defining characteristic (cockpit) is toned down, that'll probably leave the main fuselage looking a bit plain too. You might want to consider adding some details to that big flat expanse there, either modelled or textured.

It's a very good start though.

Raven's Talon - Charos - 02-05-2012

Can you paint it differently? Like deep orange/red/ or white.

K, so make cockpit smaller. Check.

Add details to the flat body. Check.

Paint it orange/red/white/pink. Carlos this isn't for HF, or for Barbie's space castle.

Raven's Talon - Tachyon - 02-05-2012

Although the texture itself is well done, I would like to see the raven's talon in black again - It's what, in my opinion, fits the ship better (also saying, that the name giver of the ship is black, too). Otherwise it fits the Disco-FL style very well.

Raven's Talon - Charos - 02-05-2012

' Wrote:K, so make cockpit smaller. Check.

Add details to the flat body. Check.

Paint it orange/red/white/pink. Carlos this isn't for HF, or for Barbie's space castle.
8(

Can you do atleast red/black combo? :]

(It's good looking as it is)

Raven's Talon - Bloody Reverb - 02-05-2012

I like it! But as thoose above me sayed....make that cockpit smaler.
Oh and....make it darker! Its Ravens Talon! It should be dark! Use Black Textures!
Then i want to see it ingame!

There aren't any truly 'black' textures in this game that have enough details to them. Even the current model isn't fully black.

Raven's Talon - Othienka - 02-06-2012

Well, then at least them make them darker, it is no eagle but a raven after all.
I wouldn't use red though, that just too close to the original.

And as everyone said, the cockpit needs better proportions.

Raven's Talon - Jansen - 02-06-2012

I still dont really like the cockpit, the rest looks cool.