Discovery Gaming Community
Reviving the Aoi Iseijin - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Reviving the Aoi Iseijin (/showthread.php?tid=74554)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Reviving the Aoi Iseijin - Corsair - 02-09-2012

Read this thread by Akura to get the context of this thread

The Aoi Iseijin were the Kusari branch of Das Wilde back in .85 that died out due to inactivity. There were several factors that led to this, which I won't go into here; however, the faction had strong roots lore-wise and a fairly expansive population.

I have been looking at reviving the Aoi Iseijin (I was a member before I left Disco in .85) and making it a less intimidating force in the eyes of other players. The goal of the faction would have to change from sneaky subversion to outright warfare, which makes the entire faction's dynamic different from what it was before. With the war between Sirius and Gallia in full swing, the Aoi Iseijin have a unique opportunity to expand their motivation to fly.

What I'm looking for is collaboration with the Das Wilde of Rheinland to hammer out a solution: Previous members of the Aoi Iseijin who want to see the faction return should also join the discussion. These will be our goals:
  • Finding a way to increase activity permanently
  • Finding a way to keep the faction from being seen as 'elitist'
  • Working out a new lore that will be accepted as Discovery canon
The Aoi Iseijin have a lot more to offer than just PvP, and I think that we need to establish some hard-set RP guidelines to avoid the widespread distaste that was directed at the Aoi Iseijin in .85. I am serious about getting this off the ground, but one man ain't a faction.

Reviving the Aoi Iseijin - dodike - 02-09-2012

inb4exileslawyer

Reviving the Aoi Iseijin - Toaster - 02-09-2012

War between Gallia and Kusari? I'm pretty sure that .86 skipped all that and they have a non-aggression-pact now or something like that.

Reviving the Aoi Iseijin - Vrabcek - 02-09-2012

' Wrote:Finding a way to increase activity permanently

The lack of activity wasnt actually their problem. They were pretty much active, but not on their tagged characters...

And Kusari is not in war with Gallia...

Reviving the Aoi Iseijin - NixOlympica - 02-09-2012

We were fairly active, we just had the 113th branch that was supposed to satisfy the tracker however no one could be arsed to log that one and play on it.

Reviving the Aoi Iseijin - Hone - 02-09-2012

If yr gonna have a kusari bunch of infected, based just on Tekagis dudes, why not a liberty bunch too? They had a whole load of patriots and defenders, equipped with nomad blasters in the final missions, and those battleships Walker kamikazeed. Theres just as much background for a libertonian branch as there is for a kusarian one.

Reviving the Aoi Iseijin - Jeremy Hunter - 02-09-2012

' Wrote:If yr gonna have a kusari bunch of infected, based just on Tekagis dudes, why not a liberty bunch too? They had a whole load of patriots and defenders, equipped with nomad blasters in the final missions, and those battleships Walker kamikazeed. Theres just as much background for a libertonian branch as there is for a kusarian one.

No infected Libertonians anymore, only those who work for the Noms but don't know it.

' Wrote:War between Gallia and Kusari? I'm pretty sure that .86 skipped all that and they have a non-aggression-pact now or something like that.

I meant to write Sirius, but was thinking Kusari. As for the Liberty Wild group, I was considering meshing the Kusari and Liberty branches together. The new lore I have rough-drafted will have the Aoi Iseijin flying civilian ships for the most part. For now I just want to get as many people who were involved in the Aoi Iseijin and Das Wilde as I can together for a discussion on how to revive the faction.

Reviving the Aoi Iseijin - Hone - 02-09-2012

' Wrote:No infected Libertonians anymore, only those who work for the Noms but don't know it.

No more reason for there to be infected kusarians than there to be infected libertonians.

' Wrote:No infected Libertonians anymore, only those who work for the Noms but don't know it.

There are definitely infected Libertonians- just not secret ones. They'd be hiding in the most remote regions of Liberty and possibly the Border Worlds, biding their time and building industry.