Discovery Gaming Community
To: 101st Ghosts of Razgriz Administrator - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To: 101st Ghosts of Razgriz Administrator (/showthread.php?tid=74825)

To: 101st Ghosts of Razgriz Administrator - Stefz - 02-14-2012

[Image: CristinaManciniTB.png]

Buonasera, signore Brandon.

It's been a long time. Two years if I remember correctly?

Anyways, to the point. My mission here is done and I request to return back to Malta at the active duty. The mission is kind of successful. All possible information was gathered and I think the day has come when I should return back.

How are things over there? I heard Gallians pushed through Taus, forcing Colonials to get the hell out of there. I also visited Torino, not much impressive, to be honest.

Anyways, I'll leave this channel open, waiting for a permission to depart from here cause I'm really starting to hate this place. All the information will be handed over to you once I get to Corsica.

To: 101st Ghosts of Razgriz Administrator - Patrician - 02-19-2012

...Incoming transmission...
Comm ID: Brandon Garrison, Admiral 101st Ghosts of Razgriz

Buenas dias Senora Mancini. It HAS been a long time; it is good to hear that such a vital mission has been successful. I know it wasnt the easiest assignment, but I had confidence in your abilities. Report back to Corsica as soon as you can for your next assignment. It will be a trying one, but I trust you are up to the challenge.

Garrison, Brandon Adm.
101st Ghosts of Razgriz

...transmission ends...

To: 101st Ghosts of Razgriz Administrator - Patrician - 02-20-2012

Charbydis Naval Base, Planet Malta, Omicron Alpha

Garrison was sitting in his office, doing the interminable paperwork when Harrison buzzed. 'Lieutenant Commander Mancini to see you sir'. Taking a deep breath Garrison replied. 'Good, send her in'.

Mancini walked in and stood at attention. 'Lieutenant Commander Mancini reporting as ordered, sir'.

'At ease, Mancini. No really, there is a bar over on that wall. Fix us both a drink and take a seat'. Mancini looked at Brandon warily but went to make the drinks while Garrison finished signing some papers.

After waiting for Mancini to get settled he asked her details of her assignment, how she was adjusting to being back on Malta...small talk, trying to get her to relax. If anything this just made things worse so he decided to move things along.

'Your mission was not an easy one, Mancini. Being gone from your home and everything you know isnt either. You showed remarkable dedication and strength of character to pull this off. So I think you are due a reward.' Garrison placed a small felt box on the desk and pushed it in front of her.

Mancini stared at the box, then at Garrison. 'Why Brandon, I didnt know you cared.'

Garrison chuckled. 'Shut up and open the box.'

Nervously, Mancini opened the box and stared at the Admiral's bars inside. 'These are Admirals bars' she said flatly. Her eyes snapped up to Garrison's collar and took a sharp breath. 'These are YOUR Admiral's bars!'

Garrison was having difficulty keeping the grin off his face. It wasnt often you saw Cristina Mancini off balance and he was savoring it. 'Yes, my bars. I am stepping down as Admiral of the Ghosts. You are my replacement.'

'But...but sir! Im just a Lt. Commander; Ive been gone a LONG time, I dont know the new pilots; I...' Mancini was obviously flabbergasted and Garrison decided to help her out, as satisfying as it was to see.

'Lieu...Cristina. We've known each other a long time. When you left on your mission I was still a Captain; we were wingmen. You know me and I know you. If I had any doubts about your abilities to do the job, you wouldnt be getting it. I know your attention to detail, your love for the Ghosts, your organizational skills. And after this past mission, NO one can question your loyalty or devotion to the Nacion. Yes, you are...WERE..just a Lieutenant Commander, but if you had stayed on Malta you and I both know you would have already been promoted.' Garrison waited for Mancini's jerking nod before continuing. You have what it takes, Cristina. If I truly didnt think so, I couldnt in good conscience let you take the job. Then I would be remiss in MY duty; and I take that just as seriously as you do. And its not like Im hanging you out to dry. You will have a High Command, pilots that you can turn to for an honest opinion or idea. The support structure is all in place. The only thing that is changing is now you cant bitch about the person in charge.'

'But, WHY sir? Why are you leaving?'

'I have cancer, Cristina. And it has spread quite far. Oh dont look at me like that, Im not gonna croak on you just yet. Its ironic really; Ive been all over one of our pilots, Stefan Mortensen to get weekly visits updating his medical condition while neglecting my own. Hes fine and Im being eaten from the inside out.' Seeing the shocked look on Mancini's face, Garrison hurried on. 'The doctors tell me that while the cancer IS far gone, it isnt terminal just yet. I begin aggressive nanite treatment tomorrow. They say there is a...decent chance Ill make it but Im going to be in no condition to do much. Certainly I wont be able to fly, and if it IS terminal there is no damn way Im spending my last days behind this desk. Even at their most optimistic, the doctors say Im going to be as weak as a puking kitten for six months, minimum. So its time to go. Relax, Im not gonna disappear on you. Im going to stay here for a week and help you get acclimated, get you up to date on various things we are working on and such. The next week, Ill be with my folks on Freeport Ten. After that Ill be at Corsica; at that point Ill be pretty much bedridden. Still, if you need me, you know how comms work. But this does NOT mean you are a figurehead Cristina. Im not putting you in place as a placeholder. You truly will be the head of the Ghosts. Any advice or opinion from me after today is just that. Opinion. Dont be afraid to tell me to go to hell.'

Garrison could see Mancini was still in shock, trying to wrap her head around the idea. 'Come on, I made us reservations at Meteora. Just think things over; we can talk tomorrow. Tonight, lets just have dinner as two old wingmen.'