Discovery Gaming Community
Basic Gunboat missles - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Discovery Mod Balance (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+---- Thread: Basic Gunboat missles (/showthread.php?tid=74889)

Pages: 1 2 3

Basic Gunboat missles - SA_Scavenger - 02-15-2012

' Wrote:This is not the forum for balance complaints. The gunboat missiles are working as designed. If you don't like the way they function, don't mount them.

Here, continue. They are indeed useless.

Basic Gunboat missles - Names - 02-15-2012

Gunboat missiles don't need to do hull damage! Whatever are you on about! =p

I do find it a bit odd they where re-purposed to be purely shield busters and have a hard time thinking of an in-RP reason for this change, but this is the way it is now, adapt by not using them.

Basic Gunboat missles - DrizztDo'Urden - 02-15-2012

yeah. i only just realised this as well. only sheild damage. no hull

' Wrote:adapt by not using them.

The best solution to the problem would be to increase the range of the missile, increase refire rate and decrease power usage.

Basic Gunboat missles - Jansen - 02-15-2012

' Wrote:The best solution to the problem would be to increase the range of the missile, increase refire rate and decrease power usage.
The range alone and a little bit more damage would be nice, would give GBs some more anti Cap options.

Basic Gunboat missles - Valinor - 02-15-2012

' Wrote:Here, continue. They are indeed useless.

Care to elaborate?

' Wrote:The range alone and a little bit more damage would be nice, would give GBs some more anti Cap options.

Starting from the fact that gunboats are not meant or designed to fight capital ships, if you want an anti cap option, use pulses and razors.

' Wrote:Care to elaborate?

They don't track, hardly ever hit and they take half your energy in one shot. If they do hit, the bomber/fighter merely goes out of range for a few seconds and returns to fire SNAC/mini Razor, rinse and repeat.

The weapon makes far more sense when it does hull damage.

Basic Gunboat missles - eigos - 02-15-2012

Gunboat missles

Basic Gunboat missles - Barb - 02-15-2012

' Wrote:My phone couldn't post this, so I took the time writing it trough a computer all over again.

Facts about the Gunboat Missiles:
1.) All CD's do more hull damage than them
2.) Now you cannot even spam regular starkiller torpedoes with them
3.) Cant spam mines too
4.) The basic missile turret eats up 200,000 energy (wow)
5.) They have 2.5k range, but hardly ever reach 1k (cause of their slow speed and SHORT lifespan)
6.) When server is full, they dont even spawn
7.) Cant hit a fighter with average skill or above
8.) Do 0 damage to transport shields
9.) You can actually de-shield fighters faster with basic turrets than the time it takes a missile to get there
10.) You cannot deshield freighters in 3 hits even. Takes 4 hits or more.

Whoever editted the missiles failed to explain why.
Were they THAT overpowered?
Why do they do less hull damage than a Wasp?
Why do they require 200,000 energy now that they do only 9k shield damage?
Why are they so slow (even with thruster speed, they still can't hit a fighter most of the time).
What use can they possibly have in a fight, when we can deshield fighters using just turret steer?
My guess is...someone with extremely bad dodging skills (even to dodge a gb missile) complained they killed him too easy. So he managed to convince the right people to remove hull damage alltogether.

"Incoming missile? Haha. I love you too, buddy." - That was before I knew they nerfed missiles to do 1 hull damage.

Same thing as with the Mini Razor and SNAC. They both require less energy and deal ridiculous damage than the Battle Razor. Also, they have more range.

ROLEPLAY. Yeah, right.
GENTLEMEN AND GENTLEGIRLS, READ THIS TWICE, NO THREE, NO, YOU GUESSED WRONG, READ IT EVEN FOUR TIMES TO GET IT IN YOUR HEADS. WHY?!?!?!?!?! WHY DID YOU RUIN IT?!?!

Basic Gunboat missles - kikatsu - 02-15-2012

I doubt this thread will get anywhere the other one did not reach before it was shut down.

When the server is not lagging or full it is worth noting that they track pretty well, a turn speed of... 8.10 I think, which matches a lot of cruise disruptors.

If they did hull damage someone would cry again, people do not ever stop whining about gunboats, that is why they have been nerfed so many times since .83

What if the EMP missiles were faster and tracked better, but we also included GB torpedo turrets which fire more... classic GB missiles but for...something... nevermind.

This thread will go no where.