Discovery Gaming Community
Capships - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Capships (/showthread.php?tid=74893)

Pages: 1 2

Capships - Tunicle - 02-15-2012

Hello, time to consider expanding into capship ownership and have no idea where to starts.

BHG Battlecruiser? or something else? Tend to not play illegal factions.

Probable main use = NPC missions and Nomad hunting.

Thank you

Capships - Littleone - 02-15-2012

Ranseur.

Gets up to 10mil a mission at Siracussa.

Just use all outcast secondaries and primaries + 1 HM, 1 M and 2 Cerberus.

Works a treat.

And if you can sneak over to Delta when there's not many people on, many, many corsair ossie and BHG dessie patrols.

Capships - Mímir - 02-15-2012

Anything Bretonian. They are overrun by GRN Battleship and Cruiser patrols. A lot of pew pew to be had, although I am not sure about capship missions

Capships - kikatsu - 02-15-2012

Well I am unsure what to suggest if you are doing NPC missions only, or plan on that. Cruiser weapons do not excel at hitting things smaller than gunboats consistently. BHG, Order, Zoner if you plan to roam around the edge worlds a lot I suppose... but frankly a capital ship is a big target, you will end up fighting other players in one eventually.

The BHG has a couple capital ships available if you are going that route. The Thresher is a lot smaller and faster, and the Bullhead is slow but has more guns, and is a lot easier to hit. I do not know which will survive better, but I am guessing the Thresher will be easier to dodge SNACs in.

Bretonia is also a hotspot for activity right now, consider giving their boats a try. Rheinland and Liberty are also always fighting, but that is mostly against other players. Kusari is forever alone.

Capships - Knjaz - 02-15-2012

If you're making a ship for NPC missions, it's Ranseur. Everything else is out of the question, since Outcast missions are simply best.

I do not recommend flying BHG battlecruisers if you're not experienced in capital ships - and even then that thing requires support. It's too easy to make a fatal mistake in it, it operates in a very dangerous environment where enemies will always use everything they have under at their disposal (including 10x1 "ganks"), etc. And it's a glass cannon.
Although, with some skill and obligatory teamwork, this ship works pretty well.

Thresher, on the other hand, is always the last one to die in large combat (among other capital ships). With turretsteering you can have multiple battleships focusing on you with primaries and you'll still have a good chance to gtfo without taking any damage to hull.

Imho, thresher is one of the best cruisers in the mod. With just one no: it'll lose to ANY other cruiser of same skill One on One. (well, unless it's fighting Corvo or something like that).

As for Mako - that ship has a very narrow specialization, due to primary gun arcs. only 2 out of 4 of them shoot backwards. This means, that you must put anti-cap weaponry (mortars or cerberus) on heavy slots, otherwise you won't be able to fight heavier vessels.

It's lvl8 arcs, after 2 obligatory flaks (nova bombers are very popular in omicron, due to large presence of capital ships), will leave you with just 2 lvl8 guns shooting sideways (2 on right , 2 on left).

So yeah, don't bother, get a Ranseur, and you'll get access to best missions in the mod. Or join one of the indie hunter factions and raid Gamma/Alpha/Ordur (since official Core won't allow you to use capship from start, afaik, and won't allow you to raid sairs/casts as well)

Capships - Mímir - 02-15-2012

^That.

Or get the other Outcast Battleship, the Sarissa - I happen to have one for sale:lol:

Thank you for the varied and helpful advice so far.

Capships - Govedo13 - 02-15-2012

' Wrote:Ranseur.

Gets up to 10mil a mission at Siracussa.

Just use all outcast secondaries and primaries + 1 HM, 1 M and 2 Cerberus.

Works a treat.

And if you can sneak over to Delta when there's not many people on, many, many corsair ossie and BHG dessie patrols.
This and I can even sell you one.

' Wrote:This and I can even sell you one.

With what price and spec?

Capships - MB52 - 02-15-2012

LABC works nicely for popping nomad NPCs... even Battleship patrols are fun. And can be challenging.