Discovery Gaming Community
[A51] Asylum 51 - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Unofficial Factions and Groups (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: [A51] Asylum 51 (/showthread.php?tid=7495)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

[A51] Asylum 51 - Praetyre - 04-25-2008

Well, you could try arguing freedom of association if an administrator sanctioned you for (not saying you do this) being something like a Xenos in Alaska, but I doubt you'd get far.

Natural rights, which I presume you mean the libertarian theory of natural law, includes the right to own property. Since Majkp has given his property for joint use by Igiss and by extension Igiss' appointees, they are the arbiters of regulation within it's boundaries. Why do you think proponents of natural rights want anti discrimination laws repealed? You cannot sue Igiss for censoring you if he deletes a post that violates forum rules, for example.

[A51] Asylum 51 - Eppy - 04-25-2008

Let's put it like this, Oso. Would you go into a Wal-Mart (Large chain store, for those of you in countries where Wal-Mart hasn't invaded. Yet.), start flashing people in the aisles, and try to get the police to file it under First Amendment Freedom of Expression? Neither would I.

(Sorry, mate, we're gonna have to disagree with this one. See you in space:))

[A51] Asylum 51 - OsoRojo - 04-25-2008

I guess it was not simple enough. Don't play with them. If you see them, go other way. Put cotton in your ears so you can't hear'em. Pluck your eyes out so you don't seem'em. Remove your tongue so you do not speak to'em.

So leave the server? I run a faction, Oso, and if Omicron Alpha is invaded I am duty-bound to hold the line. We can't simply not play with them. This is an MMO, the point is to play with other people, and you can't pick who you play with. I'm not going to let a bunch of greenhorns who think they can redefine three years' worth of RP chase seventy percent of the server's population out, thank you very much.

*head hits desk...thump* OMG.... None can change another. You, nor I, have that power. In addtion, YES we do have the power to play with those we wish.

[A51] Asylum 51 - Praetyre - 04-25-2008

Morgan does not, because the server is used by these people as well as him. You are asking a well established roleplay community to bend over backwards for a group that disrespects our established conventions and put forth things that (from a ontological, not personal) perspective are absurdities to state Discovery is, in logical terms, supralogical and that the scientific method is false.

[A51] Asylum 51 - Othman - 04-25-2008

' Wrote:a well established roleplay community to bend over backwards for a group that disrespects our established conventions.
Which will not happen in any way.

Quote:YES we do have the power to play with those we wish.

So I should leave the server? The entire 101st should simply un-mod the system, sell the ships, scrap the characters and all go play Counterstrike because a bunch of upstarts (sorry) decides they don't like the house rules? I'm sorry, but how dare anybody dictate our Roleplay for us! We got here first.

Conventions?! Oh, please! They change as often as a new-born kitten meows. Regardless, they are acting within the articulated rules, as far as I can see, and if an "Official" faction takes umbrage let them hunt down the offending party. However, if they are breaking the rules sanction them and be done with it.

Overall, if they offend you don't associate with them, simple.

[A51] Asylum 51 - ScornStar - 04-25-2008

I smell smoke. I will have to read this in detail before saying anymore.