Discovery Gaming Community
Outcast Snub Line - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Outcast Snub Line (/showthread.php?tid=75095)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Outcast Snub Line - Rommie - 02-18-2012

What would it look like?

Closer to the Borderworlds line? Closer to what their Corsair brothers have? Would they look for tech in Gallia?

There isn't a poll, because I'm looking for open suggestions.

Outcast Snub Line - SeaFalcon - 02-18-2012

Raid the system that is really close, it contains valuable tech and ships.

or just put a Maltese logo on the OC sabre would be fine too.

Outcast Snub Line - Stefz - 02-18-2012

Well, there are many possible solutions for this. But what would I focus on are rather smaller, agiler ships with less power core and armor rather then heavy tanks like Corsair, Gallic, etc...

We've been discussing this in 101st chat, Div sent us some nice pictures he found. Let me dig them from the chat.

EDIT: Here is how we think the style of the Outcast snub line should look like.

Oh. Patrician showed me that. But it's rather compact.

Keep'em coming.

Outcast Snub Line - Altaris - 02-18-2012

No need for that.

When i imagine Outcasts, i see sabers.

Borderworld works just fine na dits ftw. If you dont liek, go play Sair.

Well, I was asked to make an Outcast snub line, so I guess not everyone shares your opinion Altaris.

Outcast Snub Line - Barb-Cephei - 02-18-2012

Hmm... Corsairs adn Outcasts have been isolated for hundreds of year, having same/nearly same looking ship has a low probablity. The Feisar teams ship in wipeout is HAWT but.. Meh..

But if the ships had something to do with the Corsair line, then I think it should look like this. [Image: s4pic.gif]

The ship is from Colony Wars 1, we could say that there already was blueprints for ships like this. Because Corsairs didnt have any of the blueprints, which was left in Hispania, they improvised, to build something like the blueprint claimed, however, the Outcasts have the blueprints, and it got more and more modified. The blueprints was purchased by various companies like Border Worlds maybe Renzu... etc etc (Perhaps when the Outcasts was more civilized), making a more different version of it. Lots of time has passed, the the ship itself got evolved over the time. The current ship (the one in the picture) is the latest version, upgraded by Ibrahim... (Forgot his full name, i saw there was a news article in Malta in Vanilla version). And the ship was eventually named after the Nomads, The Dark Angel. With dark textures, and a Outcast flag on the top fins (the two ones above it).

The light fighter and heavy fighter variants of the ship could maybe have smaller wings, or no wings at all.

The GB/Dessie/BS/DRD version may look something like this. It's taken from Mass Effect (obviously :3). The lookings should be nearly alike depending on the size of the cap. Like the GB version could be smaller, having a top fin. The Dessie should look like as the picture is. The BS could be longer, with more height. The Dread, could be like.... hmm.. like this :3 but with improved textures, windows, OC flag.... I really really REALLY miss the old model :(. All it needed was a bit love, new textures and all that stuff.

Outcast Snub Line - Ursus - 02-18-2012

It would have to fly better than the Sabre or they would all keep using the Sabre anyway.

Lore is they are good enough pilots to use the BW line, I'd leave them with it

Outcast Snub Line - Rommie - 02-19-2012

[Image: BaseV2R1.png]
[Image: BaseV2R2.png]
[Image: BaseV2R3.png]
[Image: BaseV2R4.png]

Outcast Snub Line - 11of10 - 02-19-2012

I think Outcasts may have spent too much time fighting against CR.. either that, or too much time spent watching BSG;)