Discovery Gaming Community
UoG Faction Feedback - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Unofficial Factions and Groups (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: UoG Faction Feedback (/showthread.php?tid=7552)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

UoG Faction Feedback - fpsdoug - 04-07-2008

Self-explanatory. Post here with comments, complaints, ideas for RP development, ZoI changes, things of that sort. I'll give the faction description at this moment:

Name : The Union Of Gold

Tag : .:UOG:.

NPC tag and ID : Mollys

Home System : Londonderry

Ever since the Founders day revolt of 752 AS, The Mollys have fought a war on 3 fronts. Caught like a rat between the Bretonian Military, the Corsairs and their Gaian allies. As successful as the guerrilla tactics were against the Bretonian Navy, the corsairs were a different breed of enemy, and
could often avoid or turn these tactics against the Mollys. A meeting was held between the Mollys and their closest allies; The Outcasts, Rogues, and The Red Hessians. after many days of deliberation, a pact was signed, The Union of Gold.

The Outcasts and Hessians were to supply the Mollys ships, materials, weapons, supplies, and even several capital ships in exchange for large amounts of the precious metal.

The Molly Leader responsible for signing this agreement, Dr. Patrick O'Carrol, a noted researcher and weapons developer, was killed a few weeks later by a corsair raid. In his memory, many of the UOG vessels have been given scientific names.With these expanded resources the Mollys were able to construct large scale system defenses for the Dublin system. This enabled them to start building small attack groups which would allow the mollys to actively move to engage the Corsairs and Gaians, to help their Outcast and Hessian brethren.

Today, one enemy is gone, and one more is added. The Colonial Wars have begun, bringing Lane Hackers, Outcasts, Mollies, Gaians, Independant Miners, Corsairs, and others into the fray in Dublin. Neutrality with the Bretonians, and independence have almost been reached! As the war draws to a close, we shall avenge Cork, which was lost to the Corsair invasion. We will strike back! Soon we will have a new saying! For Gold! For Cork!

The Union of Gold grew, the gold that it promised bringing in fresh new faces and talented pilots.
but the ideals of the UOG will remain the same, for now:

For Gold, For Freedom!!!

UoG Faction Feedback - Lohingren - 04-07-2008

always have loved you boys... seriously do need to get my character up and running more, just tied down with other stuff though ... think i ran into to many factions at once while leading me own.

i have no complaints about you lads, ingame RP is perfect on forum RP is great everything thats been done ooRP has always been sorted quickly.

kudos to you guys keep it up in my opinion.

UoG Faction Feedback - 13CentKiller - 04-07-2008

Me being second in command might be considered a little conflicting...But hell:P

The UOG have been great fun. The most intense battles and RP have been with these guys on patrol. We have pulled people into Bretonia...And its been great!

When the UOG started, I never felt part of the group. So I left. And coming back 2 months ago, was the best thing I have done in the last 2 months. I never thought I would land the position I have now.

Cheers guys!:cool:

UoG Faction Feedback - marauder - 04-07-2008

Some questions:-

1) shiplist
2) weapon list
3) diplomancy
4) ZoI
5) member list?

Think thats all of them...

Anyhow, great background, always had a soft spot for the werewolf and the bloodhound. Especially liked the outnumbered but still managing to fight the navy to a stalemate stance of the mollies.

UoG Faction Feedback - Lohingren - 04-07-2008

^^ they are irish after all hehehehe persistent little buggers at best

' Wrote:Some questions:-

1) shiplist
2) weapon list
3) diplomancy
4) ZoI
5) member list?

Allowed Ships :
Any Molly, Outcast, Rogue or Hessian Vessels.

Weapon List:

Anything Affiliated Molly, Outcast, Rogue or Hessian

Diplomacy:
Allies:
N
RU
Rogues
Outcasts
Mollys
Hessians

Friendly:(assist against unfriendly/hostile)
Phalanx
Nova PG
GoR
101st
Bushido
Impaler
Blood Dragons
SF
Golden C

Neutral:
AW
IND
PA
Phantom
Helghast
HF
~V~
RNF
JC/JM
JG
BSG
IMG
Zoners
Freelancers

Unfriendly:
GalEx
Bs
SSO
RM
SA
KNF
F.E.A.R
Inquisition
Bounty Hunters
House Militaries
House Corporations
GMG
Hogosha
Farmers Alliance

Hostile:
TBH
SCRA
Corsairs
Gaians
Coalition
Nomads

ZoI:
Omega-49 and other Omega's
Bretonia...ect..ect

Member List

Currently under re-construction.

-------

Cheers

UoG Faction Feedback - marauder - 04-07-2008

' Wrote:Allowed Ships :
Any Molly, Outcast, Rogue or Hessian Vessels.

Weapon List:

Anything Affiliated Molly, Outcast, Rogue or Hessian

Do you even want me to bother pointing to the RoS thread and the discussion (or whatever you want to call it) about them using non-outcast ships?

Same goes for the weapon list.

Quote:Diplomacy:
Allies:
N
RU
Rogues
Outcasts
Mollys
Hessians

Friendly:(assist against unfriendly/hostile)
Phalanx
Nova PG
GoR
101st
Bushido
Impaler
Blood Dragons
SF
Golden C

Neutral:
AW
IND
PA
Phantom
Helghast
HF
~V~
RNF
JC/JM
JG
BSG
IMG
Zoners
Freelancers
Unfriendly:
GalEx
Bs
SSO
RM
SA
KNF
F.E.A.R
Inquisition
Bounty Hunters
House Militaries
House Corporations
GMG
Hogosha
Farmers Alliance

Hostile:
TBH
SCRA
Corsairs
Gaians
Coalition
Nomads

This list obviously needs cleaning as theres factions on their even I know are dead and some I've never heard of.

Quote:ZoI:
Omega-49 and other Omega's
Bretonia...ect..ect

Er.., why omega 49 and 'other omegas'? From what I remember the mollies don't get out of bretonia much, if at all. Besides which the infocard for gran canaria specifically states that the only reason the zoners told the corsairs about the system was to keep both the mollies and the bretonians from getting their hands on it. So I can't see a reason for them to be there, sorry.

EDIT: Actually I'm fairly certain that the mollies don't even know about the jumphole to omega-49...

Quote:Member List

Currently under re-construction.

Fair enough.

Just so people know, if I hadn't asked someone else would have.

Also I'm not trying in anyway shape or form trying to dictate how you should play, I'm just asking for your reasons for doing what you are.

UoG Faction Feedback - mjolnir - 04-07-2008

ehm...that one needs a major overhaul if you mean it seriously...

apart from the obvious guns and ships...

ZOI: If you read infocard on gran canaria it says the Mollys don't know about the system.

EDIT:

Ships... rogue only + Greyhound and Waran... maybe some Falcatas since Barghest needs some rebalancing

Guns ... limit non-Molly guns to two per ship.

' Wrote:ZOI: If you read infocard on gran canaria it says the Mollys don't know about the system.

We just found it....:P

And yes...The list is old...We are currently re-building the member list and faction status. Leadership has fluxuated alot in the past months. I hope it stops here.

Cheers:cool:

UoG Faction Feedback - Othman - 04-07-2008

Well, for the ships, I don't believe that Outcasts would initiate a full-scale bargain. While you have the Werewolf, I don't see a need for the Sabre. Okay for Falcata as Barghest is told to be underpowered, actually havent tested myself, just depending on the other comments. As for the cruiser and battleship class, you should be using Rogue Gunboats mostly in my opinion and maybe a single or two caps for the protection of your bases.