Discovery Gaming Community
Do you like the Bloom add-on? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Do you like the Bloom add-on? (/showthread.php?tid=75776)

Pages: 1 2

Do you like the Bloom add-on? - Fletcher - 03-01-2012

Simple poll, do you like the Bloom effect in the mod?

Personally no, I almost always turn it off since I can't recall which .dns I need to delete... I hated it before I learned I could turn it off in the Tau's, I almost went blind. :wacko:

Yourself?

Do you like the Bloom add-on? - Klaw117 - 03-01-2012

I think it's fine, but in bright systems like Omega-49, it becomes almost impossible to see stuff. I usually just leave it off.

Do you like the Bloom add-on? - Ursus - 03-01-2012

It make gameplay better for me. I don't like playing with it off.

Do you like the Bloom add-on? - Jeremy Hunter - 03-01-2012

What does Bloom even do? I always leave it off.

Do you like the Bloom add-on? - Fletcher - 03-01-2012

Light sources become more bright, can be pretty in the right places, but too much degrades the experience to me.

Do you like the Bloom add-on? - Lennox - 03-01-2012

Voted "I don't care" since I am playing on lowest settings all the time anyway. Though, Bloom is something nice if you like it. I would have voted yes in case I would have a better PC.:D

Do you like the Bloom add-on? - Reid - 03-01-2012

I don't notice a difference between on and off. I have it turned on....I think. When I press fnF12 (without FN it turns my WLAN off >.> because HP is weird) nothing happens

Do you like the Bloom add-on? - Anonymous User - 03-01-2012

on all the time.

computer can handle it fine and it looks good most of the time.

BUT it could use some tweaking.

in 4.85 i used a modded one which was much prettier.

sadly i cant find it anymore.

Do you like the Bloom add-on? - Ursus - 03-01-2012

' Wrote:What does Bloom even do?
The best way I can describe the effect is it is kind of like anti-aliasing for light sources. Instead of having a hard light source, the lighting is diffused and spread out across all the surfaces. The background is less pixelated, clouds are softer, asteroids are less jaggy, etc., because everything is a little bit of reflected light and more diffused. One downside is clouds glow a little because of it, and if there is a heavy light source they will glow really bright, so a couple of systems are blindingly bright.

You can wiki for the real definition, that is how I see the effect.

Do you like the Bloom add-on? - Echo 7-7 - 03-01-2012

' Wrote:I think it's fine, but in bright systems like Omega-49, it becomes almost impossible to see stuff. I usually just leave it off.

Shift + F9 to invert bloom, for systems such as Tau-37 and Omega-49. Instead of making bright areas brighter, it makes dark areas darker.

Shift + F12 to deactivate bloom in-game. This toggle only works if you installed Bloom during installation.

--

On topic: I use the Bloom mod all the time, except for systems like Tau-37/Omega-49, when I invert it.