Discovery Gaming Community
A new Rival of the Galactic Shipping line. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: A new Rival of the Galactic Shipping line. (/showthread.php?tid=75816)

Pages: 1 2

A new Rival of the Galactic Shipping line. - Regious Tuk'Cone - 03-01-2012

[Image: IGS516.png]
Inter-Galactic Shipping
[font=Palatino Linotype]Inter-Galactic Shipping is a competitor that rose out of the shadows as the Gallia Royal Navy invaded Bretonia Space. IGS was founded by a group of individuals that no one knows of. Simply known as "The Founders", they run IGS using communications that not even the Lane Hackers can crack. IGS has 2 companies under it's control, IGS-T, Inter-Galactic Shipping Trader and EoP, Eagles of Prey, a PMC under contract of IGS. Little is known about the Founders, how it all really started, and do they have a underlining agenda?

Fighter and Ship Concepts(Yes, it's in LDD.exe, it's usefull and doesnt require difficult modeling tools. I'm not a modeler, just think of concepts.)
LF Concept V
[Image: LF.png]

HF Concept
[Image: HF.png]

VHF Concept
[Image: VHF.png]

Freighter Concept
[Image: Freighter.png]

Transport Concept
[Image: Transport.png]

Gunship Concept(Based of the Gaian's Gunship, stolen from em:P)
[Image: Gunship.png]

Cruiser Concept
[Image: Cruiser.png]

Dreadnaught Concept
[Image: Dreadnought.png]

Bomber Concept
[Image: Bomberw.png]

I came up with this somewhat 2-in-1 faction cause I was thinking that Discovery could use a Shipping Company that has no allegiance to any houses what so ever and without a idea of it's origins, but willing to do buisness with anyone willing. If it does get put in the update, Gaians are hostile to IGS, cause during a raid, IGS got their hands on a Gaian Gunship and simply modified it for their own protection. I also tried to keep a theme of similar look, like the ships Outcasts, so that they're easy to ID by looking. If the Capital ships are too much, don't have to be used. I looked and found no sub-forums for faction submissions and such, so I posted it here.

A new Rival of the Galactic Shipping line. - Laerethe - 03-01-2012

A shipping company that owns a dreadnought?

The concepts are okay, but don't fit the roleplay you seem to be suggesting. Some more in-depth RP could be useful.

A new Rival of the Galactic Shipping line. - Coin - 03-01-2012

why are the ships made out of lego?

Quote:(Yes, it's in LDD.exe, it's usefull and doesnt require difficult modeling tools. I'm not a modeler, just think of concepts.)
Read everything cause I said it before-hand, usefull for concepts. The Cap-ships dont need to be used, just Gunship, Transport, Freighter, and the fighters. Fighters have internal Cockpits, which means the Pilot doesn't get sucked out if the visual gets damaged.

A new Rival of the Galactic Shipping line. - Coin - 03-01-2012

is there a way of comparing their sizes to other ships? i.e. we know how big the gaian manhood is, so could you do a comparision to that, indicating scale?

A new Rival of the Galactic Shipping line. - kikatsu - 03-01-2012

' Wrote:a Shipping Company that has no allegiance to any houses what so ever and without a idea of it's origins, but willing to do buisness with anyone willing.

I like some of the models here, they are nice rough shapes, but tell me who would ever ever ever trust their cargo to a shipping company with no idea of their origins... and is willing to do business with anyone?

A new Rival of the Galactic Shipping line. - Vape - 03-01-2012

The models are nice and I'd love to see them in as a separate civvy line.

Man Coin, I made most of the images and concepts today, some a few days ago, but still.
Ok, the Gunship is about the same size as the Gaian cause, as I said, the gunship was hijacked from a Gaian base.
[Image: SizeCompare.png]
The Dreadnaught isnt as big, its like the IMG ships, built to protect. for the fighters, I was thinking of having them availible to Civies, as The Bunny Lord has said. Need more fighters out there for Civies. In the Sirius System, companies may not live to expectations, so a underlining company, like IGS might take their place for the job.

A new Rival of the Galactic Shipping line. - Bloody Reverb - 03-01-2012

take the Gunship...make it into "normal 3D shape" and turn it into Ravens Talon...

A new Rival of the Galactic Shipping line. - Regious Tuk'Cone - 03-02-2012

Goging to have to get someone else to do that. Unless theres a very "User-Friendly" Modeling program, no way I can make it. There was suppose to be some LXF to Blender, but I found out it doesnt work with the modern LDD. If you find one for the modern LDD, give me a link and I might try my hand at it.