Discovery Gaming Community
Ship ranges... Gallic specifically - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Ship ranges... Gallic specifically (/showthread.php?tid=75990)

Ship ranges... Gallic specifically - kikatsu - 03-05-2012

Since Gallic ships do not run off of Sirian fuels or power sources... how far can they go from Gallia? I mean they need to bring supplies in, they cannot just capture more fuel from Bretonians...and I do not think their ships have hydrogen scoops like alot of the Sirian ships in FL, so I would imagine that their range cannot be very high...

This is not just for Royals, but for Council, Corse, Brigands, <strike>RR</strike>, and other ships leaving Gallia.
No Sirian stations can refuel them, save for Java base, so once they leave, the only place to refuel would be Gallia or GRN bases...maybe Leeds if the Bretonians take on equipment to resupply the anti-Crown forces.

Also, that being said, how often do you think Sirian ships have to stop to refuel? Their hydrogen scoops help out I am sure, and every station would have refueling supplies, so they do not have to worry about getting out or range too often, though there are some wrecks that state loss of fuel as their death, so it can happen.

Ship ranges... Gallic specifically - Omicron - 03-05-2012

Depends on specific ship I think. I can guess that Nephthys or Titan may be long range while some civilian SHF miner would not go more than 1-2 systems away. SCRA ships have something alongside going entire sectors with little fuel used too.

Ship ranges... Gallic specifically - Veygaar - 03-05-2012

Unless you have smugglers shipping fuel out perhaps? Or maybe the one's you see in the rest of Sirius have been tinkered with to run like the standard Sirius ships? Of course they wouldn't operate as good, perhaps around 75% operational?

Ship ranges... Gallic specifically - AeternusDoleo - 03-05-2012

Mhh. Someone getting miffed at Joker's perilous? I agree to a degree. GRN stuff shouldn't be getting out into deep Sirius. Although the Council, Brigand and Maquis who have evacuated to Rousillion do not have a supply of Prometheum anymore, so they wouldn't be able to make Promethene, it'd make sense that those ships would be converted to utilise Sirian H-Fuel based power plants.

Ship ranges... Gallic specifically - kikatsu - 03-05-2012

Joker has a....

no this topic was spawned by seeing LaBrise ships in Cambridge

how did he... nevermind.

Ship ranges... Gallic specifically - Narendran87 - 03-05-2012

Well.... LaBrise ships can re-supply in Indochine

Ship ranges... Gallic specifically - Ursus - 03-05-2012

All the engines are capable of running on highly compressed fiction

Ship ranges... Gallic specifically - farmerman - 03-05-2012

It seems like it'd be hard for most lawful Gallic ships to get much farther than the Taus or Bretonia right now. That being said, there are definitely ships that are especially long range. I think the Arrastra (which isn't all that large) says it can generally go 3 months?

I've always thought the largest trade ships were designed to be able to fly nonstop for extended amounts of time. Not necessarily months, but definitely weeks. I figure they'd use less fuel than warships, however, since a lot of it is just point to a destination, thrust, and then wait without much maneuvering in comparison.