Discovery Gaming Community
Missile ship - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Missile ship (/showthread.php?tid=76054)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Missile ship - Luka - 03-06-2012

Hi

Some of you may have seen how I've been asking a lot in the flood thread about what ship would be best for a missile player.

Since I'm the worst shooter in the game, they're pretty much the only thing I can do damage with:lol:(especially since my pvp skills are based on panic, I'm a dodger not a marksman)

When I started using missiles there were problems with it: CD-spamming dudes and ammo.

Both can be negated with high armor, speed and different missile launchers, however I'm unable to find a nice ship that I can fit and use with these things:(

I'm mostly searching for a ship with high defensive capability (armor and speed), powerplant doesn't matter since I'm not using guns anyways.

These are the ships I've already tried out:
  • Stinger: Is pretty fast and can maneuver around to evade the other guys, but can't take the missiles explosion on self cuz of CD
  • Anki: Has a high potential, high cargo space can let it hold a CAU8 and turn it into a Party-Tank, speed is not the best though so it would be best to take potshots while drifting in E-kill
  • Sabre: not the best ship, it's pretty big and I found it pretty sluggish (actually I had the worst time in PVP when using this ship ), though if you know how to use it around you may end doing some damage with it. It's personally the ship I dislike most.
  • Pelican (Armored Transport): more of a gunship than anything else, you can easily make a "battletransport" with it:laugh:, like a cheap GB, has a high armor and can do a minor form of evasion, but also can take on cruisers when fitted with small transport turrets, missiles can be really nice when using thruster on a fighter that's rushing in on you. a pretty strong ship that works against big things, it's pretty slow though.
  • Spatial: a great "missile spammer", got a nice speed, fit all guns with class 10/7 missiles and you can do a ton of damage, enought to fight off GBs, even more with a SNAC. However it's size makes it a bit of a "glass cannon", yet it's more on the "cannon" part than the "glass". You should take this note too though...
  • Marauder: a really nice ship, it's EXTREMELY nimble, like a heavy version of the arrow, got enought firepower to attack capitols too.
    Only flaw is it's lack of armor, a single CD and you can be at less than a half of hull, so it's a good idea to also pack starkillers when you really wanna punch someone
  • Wasupu/Stinger: a very versatile ship, is pretty nimble in my opinion and small, good for evading, and can be fitted with enough firepower to instapop another fighter in a single shot, however, be careful when you fire or you would explode too or have enough hull to even get damage from EMP cannons.
  • Hayabusa (Current):
So I would like to hear if anyone out here knows of any good ships I can get and try to powertrade for a good cause:$(which I don't know how to do either)

Hope you guys can help me out

Missile ship - Mímir - 03-06-2012

Perhaps this will suit you:

http://discoverygc.com/wiki/Pelican

Although you can only fit 2 missile launchers on it. But you can get fast-firing transport turrets + turret view and turret steering, so you can dodge, spam missiles and keep those turrets going in the hope that your enemy will move into your fire.

:sleep:
A transport? Haven't used a pelican but is it really fast enough to not get outmaneuvered by fighters?

Would be cool with Iron Hammers for turrets, but if the idea is turret viewing then it won't do, I wouldn't nor hit anything nor evade fighter/bombers shooting.

' Wrote::sleep:
A transport? Haven't used a pelican but is it really fast enough to not get outmaneuvered by fighters?

Would be cool with Iron Hammers for turrets, but if the idea is turret viewing then it won't do, I wouldn't nor hit anything nor evade fighter/bombers shooting.

It's slow, but the "secret" is that turret view autoaims for you + makes it easy to dodge when you turret steer. It takes a bit of practice and getting to know the ship, but turret view+steering is incredibly overpowered.

' Wrote:It's slow, but the "secret" is that turret view autoaims for you + makes it easy to dodge when you turret steer. It takes a bit of practice and getting to know the ship, but turret view+steering is incredibly overpowered.

Wait what do you mean with "turret steer" now? you can steer while aiming in turret view?:blink:

But if it's slow then it wouldn't work, ship is pretty big plus fighter/bomber attack and it starts eating SNACs and CDs, missiles explode on face and it gets utterly pwned, I doubt it would work....

' Wrote:Wait what do you mean with "turret steer" now? you can steer while aiming in turret view?:blink:

Yes... Including pitching your ship up and down.

Missile ship - Luka - 03-07-2012

' Wrote:Yes... Including pitching your ship up and down.

Oh just found out it works with keyboard:laugh:

Ok just tested the pelican and that thing's a gunship more than a missile launcher, been able to take on snubs allright with a stream of chainfire, but then someone brought a GB and obvious result is obvious since caps are so OP.

hardly made missiles hit, though ship's nice for gunning down guys that try to mess with you, but have several people on you and you can't evade, it's like what it is, an armored transport:P

STill searching for ships does anyone know of any other one?

Missile ship - Luka - 03-08-2012

Um.....tested the Pelican a bit more, fitted it with small transport turrets, went to gallia and I don't know if it's normal and other people can do it too, but it eats cruisers. Takes a bit long, but I found out their hull is made of paper:P

And I think that's an achievement knowing how OP are caps, I find that even a bit more stupid, why the heck can't fighters be that awesome???!:(

So would also update that post too

Missile ship - Ursus - 03-08-2012

I kill Gallic NPC cruisers with my Bison all day. They have a big blind spot in the engine exhaust, just pull up close and they will only hit you with a couple of their class-6 guns. edit--yeah you found it

Missile ship - Bloody Reverb - 03-08-2012

Spatial :crazy:
6missiles, 1nova or anything else aaand enough turrets to even shoot if you run out of ammo .... and i am sure armor on that ship is good. Just the size of that thing is not :unsure: