Discovery Gaming Community
Missing Person - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: Missing Person (/showthread.php?tid=76301)

Pages: 1 2

Missing Person - Pyromaniac - 03-10-2012

Jade hated the rain. He always had. Ever since he was a child he found reasons to hate the rain. When those reasons seemed childish he replaced them with new less childish ones. He checked his watch and sighed. It was still a few minutes before he was supposed to meet up with Alexis. He jammed his hands back into his coat pockets and continued to watch the Manhattan crowds.

He appeared calm but his mind was a flurry of activity. Cassandra was missing, which was bad, but what was worse was that most of his contacts were incapable of giving him any kind of useful information. He would say that people just don't disappear but the problem was that they did. All the time.

For now all he could do was wait and hope that perhaps Alexis had been more successful than he had.

Missing Person - Jeremy Hunter - 03-10-2012

Nothing. That was what Alexis had found. Nothing. Her contacts had failed to find anything. And now, with rain streaming through her hair, she made for the meeting place. Her dark maroon raincoat seemed out of place in the mass of tan and black, she stepped around people waiting for cabs and crossed the street. The sound of thunder made her pause.

Her mind was a whirlwind. Ideas, scenarios, best-and-worst case scenarios...all of them as least likely as the one before. Sighing, she arrived at the place, she wrought out her hair and then stepped up next to Jade.

"Tell me you have good news..."

Missing Person - Pyromaniac - 03-10-2012

He was silent for a moment after the comment still staring out over the crowds. Then he turned to Alexis and shrugged.

"I was kind of hoping you would have the good news..." He replied with a sigh.

"You know her better than I do," He said finally after a long silence. "Has she ever disappeared like this before? Run away to hide somewhere or something like that?"

Missing Person - Jeremy Hunter - 03-12-2012

"Yeah, once. Unfortunately, she ended up blind and at the mercy of The Order. If not for a few...old friends...she might have ended up dead." Alexis replied. "It's safe to assume she wouldn't do the same thing twice."

Alexis squeezed some more water from her hair, causing a man to look at her with disdain. Ignoring him, she returned her attention to Jade.

"Do you know where the Party Poison is?"

Missing Person - Pyromaniac - 03-12-2012

Jade raised an eyebrow.

"The Order? Blind? I would love to hear that story some time." He said with a chuckle. "As far as her ship goes... one of my contacts on Barrier Gate claims he saw it but he was likely stoned when and if he did so I'll take that with a grain of salt. Other than that... Ems hasn't seen her, Chris hasn't seen her, Bleed won't return my calls, and Jessica... well I'd just rather not know where Jessica is concerned."

He returned to watching the crowd thinking back over the days he'd spent calling in every favour he had to try and find a person who didn't even want to see him anymore. There had to be something they were missing. Something obvious, he just couldn't figure out what it was.

"Since Barrier Gate is all we have I think we'll have to assume she was there... question is which direction did she come from, and where did she go after..."

"Then I guess the best course of action is to head to Barrier Gate...Unfortunately, being Navy, I'm liable to get shot. So I'll need to send someone in my stead. Any problems with that? I have the perfect person for it, too."

Alexis sighs, tightening her coat. So far, nothing. Great. This was bad. Or it was Cassie disappearing for no reason. It was easier finding time to spend with Siena then finding Cassie these days.

"If it's OK that I send someone I trust in my stead, they'll meet you at the spaceport."

Missing Person - Pyromaniac - 03-12-2012

"Yeah, sure, just tell me who I'm meeting,"

He took out a black notebook so he could write down the name that Alexis would give him.

"Oh, also just uh... you know... thanks for looking out for Cassie... I'm sure that she's not really the easiest person to get along with anymore..."

Alexis takes a moment. With Izzy off with that new friend, and Strix off with Violet, has to be Xi.
"Xi de Mortis. Can't miss her. Has her hair dyed light green and always has a pizza box." At Jade's comment, she sighs. "Yeah, she's a handful. But I make a living with handfuls."

Alexis sighed. Not much she could do right now. And of course, option one had to be AWOL. Again.

Missing Person - Pyromaniac - 03-13-2012

"Xi... de... Mortis... light green hair..." He snapped the notebook closed after writing that down. "Right, well I'll be off to Barrier then... tell Xi to meet me in hangar three. I would say the bar but that would be absolute torture... Oh and..." He pointed at the large blonde stripe that ran through his hair.

"I'm pretty sure I'm easy to spot too."

A moment of silence passed as he returned the notebook to a pocket inside his jacket.

"I'm sure we'll find her soon." He muttered not entirely sure if he was trying to convince himself or Alexis.

Missing Person - Jeremy Hunter - 03-13-2012

"We will." Alexis replied, turning her back to Jade. "I'll send Xi over immediately."

Xi lifted the Pytho off the landing pad on Camp Lister, and exited the atmosphere of Pecos. Of course, she had been taking a short vacation to acquire her old Pytho before that damn recall. She sighed. Powerplant was busted, but who cared. She wanted it for the memories.
Arriving at Barrier Gate, she slid into Hanger Three and set down, climbing out of her ship clutching her trademark Pizza Hut box and munching on a piece.
"Now...oh, there."
Xi spotted Jade and walked over. She stopped in front of him, eying him.
"You Jade?"