Discovery Gaming Community
Trust - The Priceless Commodity Everyone Needs - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Trust - The Priceless Commodity Everyone Needs (/showthread.php?tid=7639)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Trust - The Priceless Commodity Everyone Needs - HeeyFreelancer - 01-23-2010

Pin this one..:)

Trust - The Priceless Commodity Everyone Needs - Backo - 04-11-2010

/signed
So true.

Trust - The Priceless Commodity Everyone Needs - Sabre120 - 04-14-2010

I've been here a little while now and I've only just decided to join a Player Faction, I hope people will get to know me a bit better from that.

Trust - The Priceless Commodity Everyone Needs - Hawkins - 09-20-2010

Very true post I think *thumps up*
I myself am a new player, and although I have some partly advanced RP experience, tbh when I installed this mod some weeks ago didn`t know what was awaiting me about RP. Infact as I normally ain`t a big forum communicator in MMORPG or multiplayer games but prefer the "showing it ingame, not as forumwarrior", I
thought I might know enough about Freelancer to not read more about discovery, than neccessary. That I was wrong about it, I found out pretty fast :D. Fortunatly I made no too big mistakes in the first week, so one can say, that I found my role and the way of interaction it in Discovery.
So far I think, it really is not essential to join a corp to get good RP aswell as pew pew fun. As said befor, this game is called Freelancer, and freelancer is the role I prefer most.
A very important part to me is the thing about powergaming. I know it myself, when I played Rpg first time I was like most roleplay beginners. Means: Wtf I want this ubercool monster thing whatever, so that i rule the game and nothing can happen to me ftw. Just to then found it boring, cause it gave me what I wanted...means, no threat, no challenge...mew, boring. infact one can say, the way is the target, so make your way aslong as possible and you will have fun.
For me personally, a capital ship is no option, it is just to strong...and i like smaller ships anyways. So far, I even might have acted to fast, but that`s not for sure. That`s because I already have a gunboat, which is the highest option of ship i want to fly. Thank the gods, it`s equipmetn is by far not optimal and also it for sure 8thank to the gods) is one of the minor well ones about combatpower. But for sure I won`t give it away for a long long time (who knows, from what one hears about the Zoners...maybe I once will fly one of the last gunboats of it`s kind, then i for sure won`t give it away ever) So there still will be enough challenges for me out there, as the lonely wolf in his nice Conference:laugh:

Trust - The Priceless Commodity Everyone Needs - OsoRojo - 09-20-2010

Ahhhh....RM bashing back in the day, good times...elgatodiablo, you are the devil sucking me into SA. I think I am out and I drag me-self back in...Hope you are well my friend...Drop by Cold Bay Depot sometime...I shall buy ya a drink:)

Deleted - Outrunner - 09-25-2010

Deleted

Trust - The Priceless Commodity Everyone Needs - Vasuv - 01-18-2011

Good post man I rembrred by first days on discovery

Trust - The Priceless Commodity Everyone Needs - TheAgency - 11-19-2011

I've played here some time now, over 15 months.

I invested a lot of trust into a few people and that is one thing I feel worse about every coming month.

I have little faith and trust in most players, and an admin or two (Joe :@)

Needless to say I trust few, befriend even fewer.

My pals here know who they are and the lengths I go to for them.

Point is? Trust no one

Trust - The Priceless Commodity Everyone Needs - Horatio_Hornblower - 08-09-2012

/signed

This post gave me the confidence to go and join a faction... That faction being the Xenos has little impact on this conversation though...

Trust - The Priceless Commodity Everyone Needs - SnakThree - 08-09-2012

This is great topic to think about with Freeport XXI issue at hand.