Discovery Gaming Community
Trust - The Priceless Commodity Everyone Needs - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Trust - The Priceless Commodity Everyone Needs (/showthread.php?tid=7639)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: Trust - The Priceless Commodity Everyone Needs - TomMorse - 07-10-2013

Yo. Im new to Discovery (freelancer vanilla, not so much), and so far, I love it here! The roll playing is fun, the new ships are awesome, and despite some confusion and many questions, I am staying patient and learning the ropes before I join a faction.

Up till now, I have found the community to be very helpful and patient with my many questions. Which makes me like this thing even more.

I look forward to "earning the community's trust", and showing everyone that I am here to play along with things, not to loltroll, or blast everything in sight.. I foresee fun times ahead.

......no homo. I love u guys.

RE: Trust - The Priceless Commodity Everyone Needs - DragonScythe - 01-05-2014

I can relate to your story. I was pushed around by others a lot when I first joined and people called my RPing horrible, -- Because it was! -- but as I got more comfortable in my newly-bought transport I began to expand my RPing abilities, as well as making a lot of friends within the community. After a few weeks I was being smiled upon for my full-blown conversations I would have with my ship's crew. I can even remember all of their names! The only dreadnought I plan on buying is a Zoner Nephilim, and it will be my exploring ship and home for many years to come...

I don't know if it's possible for me to do this, but everyone else is, and I want to be a part of it!

/Signed

(P.S My forum RPing is still under development, so if you see my horrible RP posts, please don't hate on me too hard.)
(P.S.S The outcast battleship will not go with order turrets, because the order is allied with the corsairs and the corsairs are enemies of the outcasts. Hah, I'm smart!)

RE: Trust - The Priceless Commodity Everyone Needs - Skybandit - 04-03-2014

(04-09-2008, 11:15 PM)pchwang Wrote: While it is important for new players to earn trust, it is also important for the established members of the community to dispense trust. We cannot simply keep people at bay at our doors forever. Teach them, and guide them in. Give them a chance.

If we can continue to build our community on a foundation of trust and mutual respect, we can go a long way. Although our server has changed from the time of 50 server slots, I feel that we can still try our best to achieve what we had then here today.

Even if you find this an overly idealistic piece of junk...try it out. You might be surprised.

Great quote! Appreciate when I see it from other players.

RE: Trust - The Priceless Commodity Everyone Needs - The.Outlaw.Star - 07-22-2014

Your words are wise indeed....However....

Trust Nobody! Your closest friends will be the first to sell your corpse to the highest bidder!

RE: Trust - The Priceless Commodity Everyone Needs - deepak - 09-10-2014

(07-22-2014, 08:21 AM)The.Outlaw.Star Wrote: Your words are wise indeed....However....

Trust Nobody! Your closest friends will be the first to sell your corpse to the highest bidder!

Angel Now that is a personal experience perhaps. Someone needs a Counsellor it seems.

On a more serious note, this is the best piece ever written. I am going to mark this post to help other newbies that I come across in game. Equally have learnt something for my RP that is .. quite missing. Thanks for sharing !!

RE: Trust - The Priceless Commodity Everyone Needs - sindroms - 04-13-2016

With some of the themes running these days, I think this thread needs a small bump.
That and if you are one of those people who have to comment in every single welcome thread, consider adding the link to this one as well.