Discovery Gaming Community
Piggums Official Random Thought Thread - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Real Life Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: Piggums Official Random Thought Thread (/showthread.php?tid=76719)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Piggums Official Random Thought Thread - Marburg - 03-20-2012

I was just sittin' around thinkin':

Since the Human brain uses electricity extensively, water & metals (like iron in the blood) conduct electricity ::not even bothering to mention atoms & electrons::.and since Humans are made of mostly of water & human to human contact is a conduit for electricity...Why are things like telepathy still considered esoteric, instead of being solidly proven scientific fact by now?

If the Dark Ages never happened & the West continued to advance normally into the present day, the present would be 500 some-odd years more scientifically & technologically advanced than we are now.

Gummi Cokes are superior to Gummi Bears

The amount of energy it takes to point out to a person that "It takes more energy to frown than it does to smile" is more than the amount of energy it takes to simply keep their nose out of that other persons business.

Piggums Official Random Thought Thread - AeternusDoleo - 03-20-2012

I think some of that water and iron in you shorted something out up there Marburg...:D

Piggums Official Random Thought Thread - Marburg - 03-20-2012

Maybe. Maybe not...:P We all know it's a crazy world, most everyone can agree...but seriously, we all know that the only way "The World" could be crazy is if by all the people living on it being nuts.

Are ya shur I'm the one with the short?..How can you really be sure? You could ask yourself, "How much of my opinion is truly mine as opposed to my opinions formed for me by my society?"

When something seems crazy, Isn't it more often than not because of a conditioned reflex? That reflex that tells ya, "This sounds crazy, so I should go ahead and think of it as crazy & say something to that effect so that others in the world will continue to accept me as sane."

...Problem is, when you allow society to set the standard of sanity, you allow a very large group of crazy people in this world who only think they're sane set the standards for you. Now really...how crazy is that?

So like I said, maybe.:crazy: Maybe not.:mellow:

:tease:

Piggums Official Random Thought Thread - Stoat - 03-20-2012

[Image: OverThinking.jpg]

Piggums Official Random Thought Thread - Benjamin - 03-20-2012

Arab world picked up a lot of the slack when europe went into the dark ages. China too. Just because us glorious caucasians weren't up to much didn't mean stuff stopped happening.

I wonder how much stumbling blocks hold us back like that though. China invented china (as in bone china) pretty early (hence the name). With a good way to hold their civilisation's juice discovered, they never really got on board with glass, didn't really need it. But then they kind of missed the boat on telescopes and microscopes and all that

Piggums Official Random Thought Thread - Cond0r - 03-20-2012

Your avatar X.X

Piggums Official Random Thought Thread - Marburg - 03-23-2012

Dear Diary:

Today me & my slightly unsettling springtime avi were doin' some mind wanderin' and was contemplatin' about the culinary wisdom of Robert 'El Mariachi' Rodrigez.

"Not knowing how to cook is like not knowing how to ::ahem::" he says.

Well, he goes on to suggest that everyone create their own menus of their own personal signature dishes.

"So." I said to myself: "Self," I said, "We have photoshop...we can do this."
'We shur can" myself responded to, uh...myself. "That & a pig we can use for a logo!"

I was inclined to agree. We had the makin's of a genuine, brand name thought exercise.

"Now..." I said aloud, "if we make a hamburger themed menu, we can call it Marburger's...& if we go old-school Texas, we can create Mar-B-Q...but, if we latch onto the food of the gods & go Mexican, we can specialize in Marburgitas."

Diary...please help me choose a cuisine for my menu

Piggums Official Random Thought Thread - Captain - 03-23-2012

Dear Marburg's diari<strike>a</strike>y,

how about Mar-Grill-burg.

~Mike

Piggums Official Random Thought Thread - Marburg - 03-23-2012

' Wrote:Dear Marburg's diari<strike>a</strike>y,

how about Mar-Grill-burg.

~Mike
It fails to easily roll off the tongue within most any given rhythm when said aloud...so nope

What can I say? I'm a big fan of verbal cadence & yet, I completely hate poetry as a genre.

Is that a pisser or what?

:P

Piggums Official Random Thought Thread - Captain - 03-23-2012

well, if our mind thus our thoughts aren't anything more then just
electric pulses wouldn't that make us 'as' smart as any complex organism?