Discovery Gaming Community
Got answer lock please. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Got answer lock please. (/showthread.php?tid=77069)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Got answer lock please. - ryoken - 03-28-2012

So as a Liberty navy/ LSF player i know for a fact we cannot demand anyone not dock at a junker base, and/or report them if they do. Even in a Liberty system.
So IMO this also applies to a Freelancer base in...oh...say... a rheinland system. As both groups are neutral/quasi-lawful.
So what is your oppinions lads, and lasses?
Also while i am on it. What if say a Rheinland lawful told a Liberty ship not to dock at Baden Baden? After all it is allied to Liberty lawfuls, but it is in Rheinland.(have not done it, just curious). I know a spa and cruise can shut down the moor, but i think Liberty Warship would not be locked out, if a rheinlander demanded it. Just my Oppinion.

Got answer lock please. - Gentlefood - 03-28-2012

It's not a matter of your ship being 'powerful' enough to dock. Its about access codes and the station/planet literally not letting you dock.

Got answer lock please. - Stefan - 03-28-2012

Hum. On the end of it the Official Faction should hold the rulebook, I believe.
Tho' about your example, Baden Baden is a planet inside house space, manned by a rheinland company. I can only assume that if said company lets a libertonian warship docks, repair and protect itself, it can be prosecuted for treason.

To make this easier, I'd simply go with "You cannot dock on house space ruled by factions you're at war with, with the exception of bases manned by your own faction."

Got answer lock please. - Daedric - 03-28-2012

BadenBaden is not a Freelancer base and is in a system controlled by Rheinland. This is very clearly a whine thread because you got called out on being a hypocrite in your other whine thread.

OSC might control the planet, but OSC has no navy to defend it should the RM be inclined to remove their presence. That means - if a RM or RFP ordered OSC to lock your Liberty Navy ship out of their docking system? Guess what happens? Yep. You're locked out.

Go whine moar.

Got answer lock please. - Gentlefood - 03-28-2012

' Wrote:BadenBaden is not a Freelancer base and is in a system controlled by Rheinland. This is very clearly a whine thread because you got called out on being a hypocrite in your other whine thread.

OSC might control the planet, but OSC has no navy to defend it should the RM be inclined to remove their presence. That means - if a RM or RFP ordered OSC to lock your Liberty Navy ship out of their docking system? Guess what happens? Yep. You're locked out.

Funfact. On Baden Baden the RM NPCs will give out the infocard saying "My Capital ship could easily destroy everything on this planet from orbit."

Yup for Baden Baden i figured and would not have done it.
Now about freelancer bases? They are not lawful, they are not unlawful as every dam freelancer ID'd player likes to point out. So like landing on a junker base the navies have no control over Freelancer bases. Even in House space. Sort of like Junkers/pirates the Lawfuls can just RP they dis-appear, or keep re-locating and such. Discuss.

Ha. I read that and immediate though:

My cap ship is bigger than your cap ship!

' Wrote:Yup for Baden Baden i figured and would not have done it.
Now about freelancer bases? They are not lawful, they are not unlawful as every dam freelancer ID'd player likes to point out. So like landing on a junker base the navies have no control over Freelancer bases. Even in House space. Sort of like Junkers/pirates the Lawfuls can just RP they dis-appear, or keep re-locating and such. Discuss.

There are no Freelancer bases anywhere except Coronado so discussion is pointless. That is ignoring the fact this was a very weakly disguised whine thread because you got called out.

' Wrote:BadenBaden is not a Freelancer base and is in a system controlled by Rheinland. This is very clearly a whine thread because you got called out on being a hypocrite in your other whine thread.

Go whine moar.

No whine lad. Was a question. You really need to take some grammer courses, and learn the english language.

Also thx. You just earned me $600.00 in a bet i had on skype. I bet you would be on the first page trolling/flaming me without actually reading the post.:P

Got answer lock please. - Stefan - 03-28-2012

Same goes for Freelancer and Junker bases and the reason is the same reason why the navy don't have control over them:
They don't want a hot potato on their hands.

Situation: Liberty invades Rheinland. Gets whooped. Junkers let Liberty dock on their bases. Rheinland threatens Junkers to consider them hostiles. Junkers ask Liberty to leave. Liberty threatens Junkers to consider them hostiles. Junkers divide by zero and return to the past.

About Freelancers, do a CTRL+F and replace 'Junkers' by 'Freelancers'.