Discovery Gaming Community
Discovery Realistic not being listed - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Freelancer Forum (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: Other Discovery Servers (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: Discovery Realistic not being listed (/showthread.php?tid=77105)

Discovery Realistic not being listed - Janus99 - 03-29-2012

About 6 days ago I posted in here as a reply to my request to be listed. My ISP assigned me a new IP address and now I'm not being listed on the disco server list even though my DYN Host, discoreal.dyndns.org, is pointing to the address where the server is located.

I'm dead in the water here guys. There are 2 or 3 players who connect with direct IP using my dynhost name but that's just about it.

Could someone in the know please look at the entry for Discovery Realistic on the Disco server list and point it to discoreal.dyndns.org:2302? Pointing it to the numeric IP address will just cause this to happen again in the future when Cox assigns me a new IP address in a month or 3.

Thank you

Janus

Discovery Realistic not being listed - Janus99 - 04-03-2012

You other server operators out there had better pray your ISP doesn't change your IP address. If they do, you could very well be out of business. Here's hoping it doesn't happen to anyone else, but it looks like I'm done. I'll keep it up, but no one logs in CAUSE THEY CAN'T SEE IT ON THE LIST!!!!

And if you thinik the huge text means I'm bitter because they just ignore me, then you are 125% absolutely correct.

Janus

Discovery Realistic not being listed - Janus99 - 04-06-2012

Never mind. Since the powers that be decided to ignore me and not list Discovery Realistic, it is now offline for good. The host machine is now running an Evochron Mercenary server. At least they were prompt when I asked to be listed. Took them less than 12 hours to get me up and listed.

So thank you for the excercise in futility, Discovery. Put in all that hard work to build a server from the ground up to be cut off at the knees because you refuse to point your list server at a dyn host address instead of a numeric IP address.:nono:

If I had done something to upset you guys or hurt your feelings, the least you could have done was let me know what so maybe I could make up for it or apologize, but noooo. Let's just pull her from the list.

JERKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A VERY ANGRY former Discovery server operator. Have a good one, jerks!

Janus

Discovery Realistic not being listed - SparkyRailgun - 04-06-2012

Seeya

' Wrote:Seeya

Yeah, yeah, whatever. Guess if you're not in their little clique you're just sh** out of luck.

It's not that I care, but did you even PM someone who could do this for you?
I very much doubt they scour the forums for threads to help people in.

Well, let's see. I posted a reply on my application to be listed. No response and I waited about 6 days. I pm'd Xevious from both DiscoveryPTC and from here, since he was the one who started the thread about having servers listed.

Then I started this thread. Very politely, I might add. It only got ugly when it was clear that I WAS BEING IGNORED!!!!!!!!!

If they had just came out and said "It's going to take a bit." I could understand that. Or if they had said, "Why did you do blah blah blah? Didn't you realize you insulted us?" or some such like that, I could have explained or apologized. But NO. They just ignored me. I don't appreciate being ignored. Tell me No, straight out and I might not like it, but I can respect it. I canNOT respect anyone who ignores me.

Janus

Discovery Realistic not being listed - sadtranslation - 04-06-2012

I think someone here is a terrible idiot.
Guess it's me who had seen the said server in the list enough times.

Be careful, you could be an idiot too!

And now you're not getting respect because you're being unreasonable.
Maybe you are being ignored, but I think it's more likely you've just not been seen.
If you've already given up and made an EvoMerc server, why are you still here?

Discovery Realistic not being listed - Fellow Hoodlum - 04-06-2012

Due to the fact arguing here when it is nothing to do with Discovery is pretty much a waste of time.
Take it to PMs ...