Discovery Gaming Community
AI ID - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: AI ID (/showthread.php?tid=77147)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

AI ID - Lucky Luke - 03-30-2012

In the AI ID it says that you can shoot pirates, but are we talking ships with Pirate ID, or are we talking OC's, Sairs, Hessians, Rogues...? if such factions are also included, what makes it a pirate faction? The fact that they are considered unlawful isn't enough. In that case the Order, for instance, would be classified as pirates, something they are not.

AI ID - Ursus - 03-30-2012

Any ID that says "can pirate" is a pirate

AI ID - Butcher - 03-30-2012

Xeno's are not pirates, yet their ID's say they can pirate. Outcasts are outcasts, corsairs are corsairs, pirates are pirates.

Outcasts and Corsairs are not pirates until they commit a act of piracy.

AI ID - ryoken - 03-30-2012

Any group that pirates a trader qualifies. So ID wise. HAckers/pirates/cast/sairs/rogues/mollys/gaians/Hogoshu/hessies/bundies and so on. But they should be pirating at the time. So going into say Alpha and attacking the casts claiming they are pirates is just fail.

AI ID - Jeremy Hunter - 03-30-2012

Order are considered TERRORISTS.

Had to clear that up.

AI ID - Hielor - 03-30-2012

' Wrote:Xeno's are not pirates, yet their ID's say they can pirate. Outcasts are outcasts, corsairs are corsairs, pirates are pirates.

Uh...wrong.

Xenos are pirates. So are outcasts and corsairs.

AI ID - Daedric - 03-30-2012

If the ID says you can pirate - by the rule book that ID is a pirate of some type and thus the AI ID is free to get its pew pew on with that ID.

' Wrote:Xeno's are not pirates, yet their ID's say they can pirate. Outcasts are outcasts, corsairs are corsairs, pirates are pirates.

By this you are saying that a Xeno, who is not a pirate, will become a pirate when he engages in piracy. And since that also goes for the rest of the, so called, pirate factions, it would also be true for a pirate ID'd char. Despite the fact that he has a Pirate ID, he wouldn't be considered a pirate until he engages in piracy. Just like a Freelancer ID'd char isn't considered as a pirate, until he engages in piracy with his employer.

I'm still confused.

' Wrote:Order are considered TERRORISTS.

Had to clear that up.
Indeed they are! Sorry if my choice of words was poor. Thanks for clearing that up, Jeremy!

' Wrote:Uh...wrong.

Xenos are pirates. So are outcasts and corsairs.

' Wrote:If the ID says you can pirate - by the rule book that ID is a pirate of some type and thus the AI ID is free to get its pew pew on with that ID.
Totally Ninjad here while I was formulating my previous reply! :D

AI ID - Ursus - 03-30-2012

The rule is simple, if they can pirate then you can shoot them. It's a personal choice as to whether you want to do it for everyone you meet (my BH doesn't "hunt" pirates who are just grinding NPC cargo, even though they meet the qualifications for the bounty system). Admins might look unfavorably on too much of it as well, since you'll make busy work for them. But the rule is simple.