Discovery Gaming Community
New mining idea - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: New mining idea (/showthread.php?tid=77153)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

New mining idea - Savvy ? - 03-30-2012

And here's the reason :
  1. Mining has domino effect on server gameplay and I assume it can be controlled by flhook, we all aware how much money can be earn from short mining operation
  2. To encourage player especially newbie to join official faction and start learn to RP
  3. To control Disco economy so it would be more balanced (see point # 1)
  4. To help official faction activity and reduce lolwuttery level ( see point # 2)
  5. I'm still thinking for another logical reason

New mining idea - Laerethe - 03-30-2012

Its not fair to discriminate; doing so will reduce the player base even further. If they want to fly with others, they can. If they don't, why should they be forced?

All this will do is give the official factions far more power over indies; non-mining factions will make alts for the official factions to retain their position.

New mining idea - Knjaz - 03-30-2012

So there will be a list of certain individuals, on the server, namely mining faction leaders, that will choose who gets the bonus and who do not?

Nothx.

I was refering FOR OFFICIAL FACTION TAGGED SHIP, I assume it controlled by flhook, so there will be no such "list of certain individuals", you join official faction, wear their tag and you get the bonus, you go indie then you wont receive any bonus.
For example : IMG| tagged ship will receive bonus automatically while IMG indie wont
And speaking of discrimination between indie and official faction, it was there from the beginning, I just add more spice in it

New mining idea - Narcotic - 03-30-2012

Sorry, but I don't think that it's a fair idea.

It also gives the admins more work which might delay the update(s). D:

New mining idea - Laerethe - 03-30-2012

' Wrote:I was refering FOR OFFICIAL FACTION TAGGED SHIP, I assume it controlled by flhook, so there will be no such "list of certain individuals", you join official faction, wear their tag and you get the bonus, you go indie then you wont receive any bonus.
For example : IMG| tagged ship will receive bonus automatically while IMG indie wont
And speaking of discrimination between indie and official faction, it was there from the beginning, I just add more spice in it

Exactly, I know what you want and I disagree because its discriminatory and unfair. What happens to those indies who get rejected?

It just creates more unfairness and more hate.

New mining idea - Knjaz - 03-30-2012

' Wrote:I was refering FOR OFFICIAL FACTION TAGGED SHIP, I assume it controlled by flhook, so there will be no such "list of certain individuals", you join official faction, wear their tag and you get the bonus, you go indie then you wont receive any bonus.

Were you talking about additional bonus, in addition to the ones that exists? Well, a slight bonus (+10%, for example) on mining bonuses for the "faction's ore" (Silver for Kruger, Niobium for IMG, Gold Ore for BMM, and so on) wouldn't hurt anyone.
I'd apply same towards trading faction, either in selling prices for "their" commodity, or something else.
Since wearing a tag is like wearing a "Pirate me, I'm here" callsign.

If you're talking about the current bonuses, so that indies won't be able to mine effectively, and have to use miner's ID instead - NO WAY IN HELL.

New mining idea - Jack_Henderson - 03-30-2012

No. No. No.

Fairness is relative, if you refer to money-making isue, then it would be unfair, but it would be fair if you refer to an effort for better RP.
Not all official faction are "evil", there are still many good people who not only after for power inside official faction.

' Wrote:Were you talking about additional bonus, in addition to the ones that exists? Well, a slight bonus (+10%, for example) on mining bonuses for the "faction's ore" (Silver for Kruger, Niobium for IMG, Gold Ore for BMM, and so on) wouldn't hurt anyone.

That's why I gave 3 option in the first place

' Wrote:Since wearing a tag is like wearing a "Pirate me, I'm here" callsign.

That's why

' Wrote:Fairness is relative, if you refer to money-making isue, then it would be unfair, but it would be fair if you refer to an effort for better RP.

Pirates encounter is surely a part of RP, we do play in RP server and RP is a requirements