Discovery Gaming Community
Lee's Diary - Pilot of The Narcotic - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: Lee's Diary - Pilot of The Narcotic (/showthread.php?tid=77389)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Lee's Diary - Pilot of The Narcotic - Narcotic - 04-04-2012

// please don't post here.
// wiki page of Lee del Sol Verde.
// here you can give some Feedback.
// .doc version with #1 - #25 is attached. Update coming soon.

Date: 20 May 819
System: Omicron Alpha
Topic: Backstory - About myself

So I'm sitting here... again. Meteora Bar (#82). I remember, when I worked here in the summer holidays for like a month. That was now almost six years ago. And it feels like it was just yesterday. I wished I'd be fourteen again. Life was so much easier when being just a teen. I had my family, I had my friends and I had my home. But time won't turn back. And I made the best I could have done in my situation. I don't regret anything, I guess.

However, where shall I start? There's so much to say, but I've never been a man of much words. Hiding my feelings was what I've always been doing. I locked them into my mind, ignoring them. But then... I had to return. Mostly of because of the need of Cardamine. Four years... four damn years! I almost thought I made it without it. I mean, I always avoided any contact with it, and people said, when being still young, you could survive the withdrawal syndrome for a long time. Or even completely. So I took a breathing mask with me, which constantly fed me with air, containing Cardamine, like the air on Malta has. I've also been taking this alternative stuff I bought in Liberty from Cryer Pharmaceuticals for a freaking high sum of credits. They told me, that it was a prototype medicine. They convinced me. So I've been able to walk around at public places, without having a mask on, for a hours. And it went well for four years. Then it pulled me back.

So had to go back to Malta again. Breathing the air, drinking the water, eating the food, produced there. And I recovered within just a week. It's incredible.

But returning did not only recovered my body. It also brought back all the memories, which I locked away, from before I left this place. And it turned into a nightmare. I need to close that chapter now. I don't want to go mad. So I decided to write everything down. Maybe that's the way how I can work off all what happened in the last twenty years. I wouldn't know, how else to get rid of it. The only thing I know is, that I have to. The sooner the better.

[Image: Cardamine_field.jpg]
Cardamine fields on Planet Malta.

Lee's Diary - Pilot of the Narcotic - Narcotic - 04-04-2012

Date: 21 May 819
Topic: Backstory - Life on Malta

When looking back to the past. My childhood, the young days. I do see darkness, mixed with a bit Orange and a green flare. Es verdad, that I don't really have that many memories from that time. But I can remember, that people were talking about the 'Orange Dream'. In my opinion, it was the "Orange Nightmare"!

I've always been different. I wasn't like the other childs, listening to their parents, what is good for them, and what isn't. I had my own vision of the situation. I've been thirsty for knowledge, I wanted to know everything: "From where did we came from?", "Why do we never leave Malta? I do want explore systems!", "¡Papá, I don't like to drink that water, it's polluted!". It wasn't normal for a child in that age. My parents worried about me. But whilst my friends were playing in the orange Cardamine fields, I ate one Holo-Book after the other. "Sleeper ships, Hispania, Cardamine, DNA alteration, Corsairs". I slowly began to understand what was actually happening with us.

They all knew it. I felt like being in prison. Malta was my prison. But what could I have done? I've been just fourteen at that point. I didn't finished my education yet. Si claro, I went to a military school. Not many maltese children had this privilege to get such a qualitative and, most notably expensive training. However, my parents where both soldiers of the primary maltese fleet. And we lived in luxury. I've been an only child and they wanted all the best for me. I hated them for being 'Killers', I abhor violence. Ever did for some reason. Although it was the most well-respected work you could get as Maltesian. And I wouldn't have gone to that school, if I didn't wanted to.

That wish of becoming a soldier grew extremely, at that time when my father got back home all alone. He was totally distressed and downfallen when he spoke to me: "Mí­ hijo, we need to be strong now. Your well beloved mother has gone from us...". After those words, I fell into a deep sadness. Everything around me fell apart. I didn't heard, what my father was telling me. I just heard words like "Corsairs", "ambush" and "Omicron Eta". I wished I could have ran away. But to where? There was only Malta. I noticed how the cross bars of my imaginary prison got tighter.

That happened when I was still fifteen.

[Image: Corsairs_war-3.jpg]
The never-ending war against the Corsairs.

Lee's Diary - Pilot of the Narcotic - Narcotic - 04-06-2012

Date: 23 May 819
Topic: Backstory - Breakout

So I was still here. Still caged in that kind of prison. I was still breathing the 'contaminated' air on Malta. When looking at the oldest generations - 200 years old men and women, living for that long, thanks to the Cardamine. Pah! I wouldn't want to life that long anyways. And just imagine - those people did never... not a single time, left Malta's safe borders. They wouldn't make it even one day out there, due the lack of Cardamine. They need Malta's air to survive. I don't. Yet!

I played with the thought of getting away from this hell-like place, for months already. But I never really had the chance to do so, though. I had no ship. Merde, I don't even knew how to fly those things. Sure, I went to a considerable military school. But you had to be sixteen years old for doing your pilot's license. No exceptions. Ha! I knew how to fly a Sabre anyways. My papá gave me 'private flight lessons' when I was just twelve. I never really thought about, what'd have happened to him. I've got that letter here... explains it all pretty much, but still... However, I'll get to that later again.

En fin, I did it. At the same day, I got my pilot's license, I left Malta. I took my father's high-end Sabre, which was primary built to encounter Corsair forces, constructed in the top-secret construction facilities of the Corsica Outer Sanctum. At least, his father told me that once. He never talked much about his work. All I knew, was, that he was a former member of the "Ghosts of Razgriz", until he retired, when my mother died...

I'm sure, my mother would have been proud of me, for taking my own life into my hands. So would my father have been. He had a premonition of me, leaving soon anyways. And he even approved it. Everything was perfect. I had a well-protected ship, being able to survive in the harsh Omicrons. I had an entirely updated navigation map. And last but not least, a seemingly inexhaustible amount of Sirius Credit cards. Thanks to my papá¡. I promised him to stay in contact with him. And yes, I always did. Until I received no more answers on my messages. But as said, that's another story to be told.

It should sound exciting, but there isn't really much to say about. I left Planet Malta. In 814 AS. I've been a thrill. I really thought, that it'd be the last time, being here, on Malta. But I was still young. So what? It was the only right thing in my life, of what I'll always be proud of, for having done it.

And that feeling to be free. To be not only an Outcast, but also a Freelancer! It was far beyond words! The first time in my young life - I felt freedom! This day was my sixteenth birthday. And that was the best birthday present I ever had, and ever will have had.

[Image: Leaving_Malta-2.jpg]
Leaving Planet Malta. Taking a last view back.

Lee's Diary - Pilot of the Narcotic - Narcotic - 04-06-2012

Date: 24 May 819
Topic: Backstory - A new beginning

So... I've been free. A so-called 'Freelancer'.
I didn't really had any aims, and never knew, where I'd have gone next. But it was a great feeling. Being independent - well not at all actually. There was still that problem with my passive Cardamine addiction. But each day which has passed by, I felt how the strong pull that threatened to take my back to Malta, died down. It worked well. For four years! But then I received that message... but yes - that's another story.

I can't really tell, where exactly I've been in those four years. It felt like I've passed every planet, jumped through every jumphole, landed on every capital Planet of all houses in Sirius. I meet lawfuls, I had business with criminals, I've done dirty business. And the other day, I've been helping civilians against pirates. I didn't knew who I was. I've forgotten my origin. I wasn't able to stick to anything. I've traveled around disquietingly. But still, it was a great feeling. I never really cared about anybody, just for me. And that was the only way to survive in space. I rarely trusted anyone. Even though, I made good experiences when I did. And the fact, that I'm still alive, sitting here, writing down my lifetime experiences. Those four years have changed my whole life.

I'm a new man. Full of hope. A man with a great joy of discovery. In the last four years, I've learned how to survive in open space. Although I never really traveled that far yet. But I can feel, that I'm ready now. Ready for something new. This letter. It was my fathers last message to me. He gives me fresh energy to go out again, and discover life. He would have wanted it to be so. It was his last wish.

It's time to leave Malta (#83) a second time. And only time knows, when I'll be back home again.

[Image: open_space.png]
Open space. Freedom. Infinite space.

Lee's Diary - Pilot of the Narcotic - Narcotic - 04-07-2012

Date: 24 May 819
System: Omicron Delta
Topic: Into the Omicrons

So my journey began. I had everything I'll need on my Sabre. Ready to start. Nothing was holding me back. And I did it. I left Malta today. For the second time now. My destination? I've got none!

I started my ship a last time from my home planet, and I didn't hesitated, and turned straight towards the Omicron-85 Jumphole near the Siniestre Cloud. There arrived, I flew through the Austera Nube to the Corsica Outer Sanctum. This amazing station got build on the remains of 'Corsica' a planet who got destroyed by a graviton storm, caused by the nearby black hole. That's what my parents told me years back, when I was still a child. Once, my parents took me with them to show me where they mainly work, as 'Guards'. However, I've been still young, and I can't remember everything. So I docked there (I was flying my fathers Sabre, and the people there knew me by my name). My fathers letter said, that they owe him a favor. So I decided to ask the engineers there, to turn my Sabre into a more secure and stronger vessel. They also removed all signs from it, that it used to be a vessel of the Outcast primary fleet. And they exchanged the tech with civilian stuff. So I'll be able to pass even the house systems later, without getting problems. I also had to get new papers, a new pilot's license and a completely new ID. From this moment on, I've been an Outcast only by my origin. Now I was Lee del Sol Verde, Freelancer.

Soon after that procedure, I entered Omicron Eta. I had a bad feeling when passing this system, since my mother got killed here, somewhere in the Ragusa Asteroid Field. So I quickly moved through the hole of the minefield, which the Outcasts have constructed to avoid Corsair forces to move their Capital Vessels deeper inside the system. While flying through that hole, I noticed an old destroyed base, floating in a small debris field. Nothing special though. Once entered the Ragusa field, I hurried and moved as fast as possible through the Omicron Lambda Jumphole, to avoid any contact with Corsairs. Sure I've been a Freelancer now, but I wouldn't have been able to explain them, from where I did come from...

[Image: omicron_eta.jpg]
Omicron Eta. Not always that peaceful.

Lambda. Quite a dark system. This must have been the place, where shadows were born. It had something mystic as well as dangerous. And there was a the 'Ciutadella Outpost', run by the Corsairs just besides the jumphole. Man, I nearly pissed my pants! They noticed me of course. And just a few breaths later, I had a patrol of four Titans on me. But hey! They just kindly asked for a few credits, to use 'their' system, to pass by. Heh, of course I payed. Didn't wanted my head nailed at their bloody ships. So I went on. My eyes fell on a huge planet, filled with darkness. My neutral net told me, that it was called Planet Marratxi. Hm weird name. However I went on, flying through the Palma Dust Field, towards the Kappa Jumphole. If my navmap was right, I had to come to pass this system too, to get deeper into the Omicrons.

[Image: omicron_lambda.jpg]
Omicron Lambda. View at Planet Marratxi.

Right after the jump, I got a queasy feeling. I took a fast look around and everything seemed to be so familiar. But that wasn't possible! I never have been here before. But still, something in my head told me, that this place knows me! It was a strange feeling. As if something foreign was entering in my mind by force. I didn't respond to it, and locked myself from it. So I hastily moved on, ignoring those exotic asteroids and green lights which were floating around, as if they were organic.

A Freeport! It was the first, which came into my mind when I got there. I cruised towards the station immediately. Only now I noticed the beauty of this system. That view made me get goose flesh. I even had tears in my eyes. It was so wonderful. I decided to dock at the Freeport 11, taking a break. I've already herad about those 'Zoners'. Only good things, without exception. So I didn't hesitated, ordering a room for two days. The rooms were quite expensive though. They said, that it wasn't easy to build biodomes in this far-away and dangerous system. I agreed. And to be honest - the last thing I lack was credits.

Now I'm sitting here at the The Emerald Star Bar (#2), drinking a so-called 'Beer'. It's almost empty. And the people seem to be nervous for some reason. But I don't really care much about now. I'm just going to enjoy the awesome panorama, I'm having here, right next to the window...

[Image: omicron_delta.jpg]
Omicron Delta. Outpost of civilization.

Lee's Diary - Pilot of the Narcotic - Narcotic - 04-08-2012

Date: 26 May 819
System: Omicron Theta
Topic: From aliens, monkeys and robots.

Tons of 'beer' and two days have passed. Man, that 'beer' really was delicious. I heard that it got directly imported from Rheinland. I guess, that'll be my next hold. Rheinland it is. Now I just need to find a safe way there...

However, I refilled the Narcotic with H-Fuel, and bought some food rations and undocked from Freeport 11. I stayed at the station for another few minutes, watching an Order prison liner disappearing into the Kiribati Asteroid Field. I wondered what it was hauling... Just a few seconds later a 77th Core Guild Battlecruiser reached the Freeport, followed by a Zoner Destroyer and trader. After a short talk with the 77th pilot, I moved on, back to Omicron Kappa from where I came from.

[Image: omicron_kappa.jpg]
Omicron Kappa. The home of aliens, monkeys and robots.

Then - I had this feeling again. Warmth as well as deadness. And then, all of a sudden those blue ships appeared. I paniced. Once they've been in range, they started firing at me. They looked strange and scary. And could swear, that their ships hull was organic! It was no ship. They were alive...

[Image: alien_encounter.jpg]
Under attack by aliens!

I ran. In the distance, I saw an inhabited planet. I cruised there quickly and for gods shake, they let me dock. Whatever that was - it tried to kill me! That planet I've just docked at was called 'Planet Primus'. Never heard of it. But when I entered the bar, I shocked. That planet was occupied by human monkeys! Wow. That was interesting. They behaved like human, but they looked like animals. Weird. Nevertheless, I had a short talk with some of them, and after some repairs, I left that planet again.

Undocked. And there - I've seen those squid-like things again. But this time, I didn't let them come into my ships range and started my cruise engines. They hunted me! What are they? And there, again, another planet, just on the other side of that mystic system. So I decided to take a look there aswell. Maybe I'll get some informations about those unknown lifes.

Again, I first entered the bar... and - wow! Are you kidding me? Robots? Seriously... well sure. I didn't excepted to find humans here. But robots? Those "tin cans" didn't really noticed me. So I went back to my ship and started again. I can't believe it!

[Image: monkey_robot.jpg]
"Micky the Monkey" versus "Rudolf the Robot".

This time, my scanners didn't showed any hostile sightings. And so I moved on quickly to the Omicron-74 jumphole. I've heard rumors, that this system is owned by the Zoners. I moved through this system without docking anywhere. I've seen another Freeport there though, but didn't considered to dock. So I jumped into the next system...

[Image: omicron_74.jpg]
Home of the Zoners. Omicron-74.

Omicron Theta. My first thought was. "Hm seems to be quite simliar to Omicron Delta." Well, guess why - the first thing I saw was 'Freeport 9' just to my right. Being tired and hungry, I decided to rest here for another few days. It was the perfect place torecover my strength. So I took a room there (less expensive this time), and checked the bar later on. There I had time to think about what I've experienced this day. Squid-ish aliens, human-like monkeys and robots with artificial intelligence...

[Image: omicron_theta.jpg]
Freeport 9 in sight.

Lee's Diary - Pilot of the Narcotic - Narcotic - 04-10-2012

Date: 27 May 819
System: Omega-41
Topic: Wars and cloaking devices.

I woke up early in the morning. I still had this dream in my head: It was a scary dream. I saw myself, on Malta, being father of two sweet babies. But those babies were different. They seemed to have orange skin with orange-glowing eyes. And I fed them with Cardamine, every day. For breakfast, for lunch and for dinner. It was a nightmare.

However, I had a healthy breakfast and tried to leave Freeport 9 as early as possible to avoid any contact with Corsair patrols. The fact, that I'm a Freelancer now, won't stop them from robbing everything and my pants. After buying supplies and refilling my Cutlass' tanks with H-Fuel, I undocked from the Freeport.

[Image: Freelancer2012-04-0923-50-51-31.jpg]
Freeport 9.

I saw that large colony ship, parking near the Port. It draw my attention at once and I started a talk with its captain. Marvin was his name. He appeared to be the Freeport Administrator of Freeport 11. We've been talking about the Corsair war, years ago. And how things are handled now, near the ports. Must be a difficul job, considering the massive Corsair activity in Omicron Theta.

I noticed his cloaking devices when scanning his juggernaut, and asked him about them. He had a small one for sale. I already knew that, since I left a bid on it. But someone has outbidden me, in offering a quarter billion for it! Wow. I'm afraid I need to get one built by my own. Anyways, he presented his cloaking device prototype with his Nephilim and it was awesome.

[Image: Freelancer2012-04-0923-54-10-60.jpg]
The Nephilim, engaging its cloaking device.

I really need to get such handsome device. But I'm not going to spend an amount of credits, that high as my whole ship had cost. I can wait. Hm can I? Well, after that presentation, I asked him about the production costs of such device:

Quote:Cloaking Device (small)
40000 Basic Alloy
10000 Industrial Materials
6000 Gold
5 Nomad Fighter Remains
2 Nomad Minor Brains
1 Nomad Major Brain

Uff. Where to get all those materials? Won't be easy.
But Marvin, kind as he was, present me with a 'Nomad Major Brain'. What a gift!

[Image: nom_remain.jpg]

Doesn't it look beatiful? Must be a kind of an alien remain. Don't know exactly. Only heard in tales about those 'Nomads' or 'Spirits' as we Outcasts called them. I wonder if it were the same, who attacked me in Kappa, a few days ago. Maybe I can get some more of those remains there? Although I doubt, that I can gather them that easy... I'll see.

After a while, I realized, that I was still at the Freeport, although I actually had the plan to move on early, to avoid the Corsair patrols. So I said goodbye to my new friends, set a new waypoint to Omega-41 and started my cruise engines.

[Image: Freelancer2012-04-1000-06-03-65.jpg]
A last view back...

I've been lucky - I didn't meet a single Corsair patrol on my to Freeport 5. But as I arrived Omega-41, my systems warned me about high radiation in this system. But hey, I installed extra strong hulls on my modified Sabre, just for that reason. So I moved on, ignoring the radiation, coming from that amazingly looking so-called 'Neutron Star'. My neutral net, told me, that there has been a supernova, causing that mess. So that's the reason, why the whole system is filled with those large asteroids. Must have been remnants of large planets, which existed here thousands of years ago.

Anyways, after a while, I reached Freeport 5. A small base, built into an large asteroid. (Maybe to avoid any radiation damage?!) I've been afraid, that the high radiation could afflict me, while staying there for a few days. But later in the station's chemist's shop, I recieved special Pharmaceuticals to avoid said radiation poisoning. All good then.

So I took a room. Small but comfortable and had some rest. I haven't been in the mood to visit the bar. I bet, there wouldn't have been that many costumers anyways. So I decided to have a nap, dreaming of a cloaking devices.

[Image: Freelancer2012-04-1000-27-09-76.jpg]
Freeport 5 and the 'Neutron Star' in the background.

Lee's Diary - Pilot of the Narcotic - Narcotic - 04-12-2012

Date: 29 May 819
System: New Berlin
Topic: Lurking through Rheinland.

Two days have passed now, since I reached Freeport 5. Today, I decided to continue my journey towards Rheinland Space. I bought ahead some repair modules, and fixed my ships hull, which got damaged by the high radiation, which had its source from the Neutron Star. So I undocked and moved along the safe area around the dying star. Soon I noticed a small freighters wreck, near the star's corona. I identified it as The Independence, a Clydesdale class vessel, which was owned by the Independent Miners Guild. I looted some remains of it and went towards the Omega-11 jumphole.

[Image: omega-41.jpg]
An IMG freighter wreck near the Neutron Star.

Red Hessian territory. The large sun glared at my ship. I even felt the heat, coming from it. I entered the Von Rohe Belt, a field consisting of large lava asteroids. My nav system told me, that diamonds can be found in that belt. But I wondered, who could mine here while being encountered the high radiation.

Following the borders of the belt, I arrived at an asteroid base, owned by the Red Hessians. I risked a quick view at it. But some unfriendly Hessian told me to move along.

[Image: omega-11.jpg]
Freital Base in Omega-11.

I picked the Stuttgart Jumpgate as my next waypoint and cruised towards it. Soon, I passed a rather small planet, called Schutz. It looked like, as it gets slowly melted by the superioir red giant sun. Right behind it, protected by the small planet, Solaris Station hidden from the suns heat. It got constructed by the Daumann Heavy Construction. I had no clue what its purpose was. I guess they built it there as outpost for diamond miners. Greed for profit does not stop at the borders...

After jumping to Stuttgart, I passed the Konstanz Border Station, where I got stopped by the Rheinland Police. They scaned my whole ship for contraband. Unfortunately, they've found a small amount of Cardamine, which I used as small reserve for my breathing mask. Sure, actually I didn't needed it anymore. Or at least not that much. I had it there for a case of emergency. Anyways, after paying a small fine, I was allowed to move on. (I've been lucky, that they didn't found those alien remains, I collected in Kappa.)

I auto-docked at the first trade lane, since for months. I've been amazed, everytime I used those lanes. Such a relaxed form of traveling space. After a few minutes I passed Planet Baden Baden, and entered the next lane towards Planet Stuttgart.

I hurried, since I didn't wanted to get cought with those remains. So I ducked into the space traffic, infront of Battleship Karlsuhe, and took the last lane, leading to the New Berlin jumpgate.

[Image: stuttgart.jpg]
Stuttgart. Next stop; New Berlin.

Arrived in New Berlin, I didn't took the lane, leading deeper into the capital system. Instead of that, I moved into the Ruhrfeld, a large debris field. Deep inside it, there must be a Junkers outpost, the Kreuzberg Depot. I prefered to take a room there, instead of risking anything. I mean, I still had those rare ingredients for a cloaking device aboard. First, I needed to find a contactman, who could help me constructing said device somewhere. Maybe I'll find someone at the Hasir Bar.

[Image: new_berlin_kreuzberg.jpg]
Kreuzberg Depot in New Berlin.

Lee's Diary - Pilot of the Narcotic - Narcotic - 04-13-2012

Date: 30 May 819
System: New Berlin
Topic: A blessing in disguise.

I got robbed. Corruption! Sarah Braun was her name. A Feldwebel of the Rheinland Military...
Anyways, I should start from the very beginning:
My search for a contactman draw some attention on me, and my valuable load. You know - those alien remains, which are needed to construct those new cloaking devices. It's a race - "Who will be first, calling such device his own.". And I lost. Well, I thought I did. But listen:
I've meet some suspicious man at the bar on Kreuzberg. He told me about that newly constructed factory near Planet New Berlin, called Krupp Munitions. Rumors said, that it's the only base in Rheinland, having a cloaking device factory. But they had a lack of those 'Nomad brains', as they call them. In the end, the man arranged a meeting with some Rheinland Military Pilot for me.

A few hours later I've meet Frau Braun at the Oder Shipyard. She was a natural beauty with a slender stature and elegant curves, Blond (mixed with some red tone) long hairs and lime green eyes. I didn't know why, but I trusted her from the first moment on I've seen her. (A huge mistake!) However, she promised, that she'll help me, getting access to the Krupp's Cloaking Device factory as soon as the device will be finished. So I gave her those 'brains'. After that meeting, I've never seen her again. I was such a fool! Blinded by her appearance and her persuasive powers...

Anyways, that's the story how I nearly got access , to the well-protected factory, Krupp Munitions.

[Image: new_berlin.jpg]
Krupp Munitions with Planet New Berlin behind.

But wait - that wasn't the whole story yet. Right after that incident, I've sent a transmission to the Zoner Marvin (who gave me the large alien remain as present), asking him, if he could afford some new ones for me. And luckily, he was even selling a finished cloaking device! I have no clue, from where and how he got it. But I didn't really cared. Seems like the Rheinland Military weren't the only ones, constructing those.
So I bid a sum of almost 90 million credits on it! And yes, here it is:

[Image: cloaking_device.jpg]
Description of a Light Cloaking Device.

I simply love it. It already saved my ship a couple of times. And you can even avoid any interactions with pirates, which makes it worth the credits I paid. It's my newest life assurance from now on. The only problem is, that this beauty eats H-Fuel, like a teenager in his adolescence. But I'll find a solution for that soon.

So that's all for today. A blessing in disguise!

Lee's Diary - Pilot of the Narcotic - Narcotic - 04-16-2012

Date: 31 May 819
System: Frankfurt
Topic: A journey through Rheinland.

Well-protected and ready for something new, I started a short journey through the Rheinland systems. First waypoint: Dresden.

A system, characterised specifically by the abundance of sulphurous clouds within it. The main 'mining system' of Rheinland if you can call it that. I took the trade lane to Bautzen Station, which lies at the edge of the Kruger Lavafeld, a field consisting of lava asteroids, which are getting melt by the nearby sun. Bautzen Station, is famous for its blue diamonds, named "Hessian Tears". When speaking about Red Hessians - Dresden is suffering from frequent attacks by them. On my way towards the Frankfurt jumphole, I entered the Schwefelnebel, containing lots of carbon asteroids that can be mined for diamonds with ease. I passed several Asteroid Miner, and jumped to Frankfurt.

[Image: dresden_bautzen.jpg]
Bautzen station in Dresden, the mining heartland of Rheinland.

[Image: asteroid_miner.jpg]
An asteroid miner in the Schwefelnebel.

I've found myself in an orange-colored nebula, which is called Sudnebel. It consists of fine particulate dust, which confused my sensored for a few seconds. Getting out of the cloud, Planet Heidelberg, a large blue gas giant, appeared infront of me. Just behind it, in the planets orbit lays Mannheim Station, a Kruger mining base. Which purpose is, to mine deuterium from the nearby planet. I traveled through the lanes to the Mainz Storage Facility, where I refilled my tanks with H-Fuel. Then I took the lane on the right side, which lead me to the Munich jumpgate.

[Image: frankfurt_mannheim.jpg]
Frankfurt. Mannheim Station in Heidelbergs orbit.

In Munich, I had some hours rest at the Augsburg Orbital Colony. A fascinating construction. It has a population capacity of over a million people! It has large food production biodemes and efficient solar and nuclear powered storage batteries, which makes the colony independent from other inhabited planets. Amazed by that large colony, I decided to have a break at one of the many bars on the Orbital station. I granted myself an expensive cigar at a table with a beatiful view at the nearby Planet Bodensee. I could have sat there for days.
Another three cigars (with vanilla flavor), I undocked my Cutlass and set a waypoint to the Frankfurt jumphole, which laid in the Schwarzwald Cloud, just behind Planet Bodensee. A pretty blue-greenish nebula, with large asteroid rocks, which seemed to contain small amounts of cobalt. At the jumphole, I've meet two Zoners, flying two dark gunboats. I doubted, that those were actually built by the Zoners. However, I didn't cared and moved on.

[Image: munich_augsburg.jpg]
Augsburg Orbital Station. "I'd live here."

[Image: schwarzwald_cloud.jpg]
The beatiful Schwarzwald cloud.

Back in Frankfurt, I noticed that copper coloured nebula in the distant. When I checked my navmap for that nebula, I recieved an "access denied" message. I became curious. When I entered the dark-brown nebula, my scanner sensors went offline and my systems gave me a warning for the high radiation in this area. Inside the cloud, thousands of strange blue objects got visible. Driven by curiousity, I went through those weird objects. I shivered. Suddendly, something started shooting at me! I wasn't able to locate the source. But it must have been strong cannons, because they drained my shields immediately. Knee-jerk I used a bunch of shield batteries. When I turned around, my ship collides with one of those objects, whereupon a purple explosion appeard infront of me. I ignored the computer voice, telling me that the shields went offline. I just had eyes for my ships hull systems. Fatal damage! Hectically I pressed the control button for the nanobots and hasted out of the dangerous field and away from the fateful 'cloud of destruction'. While heavily breathing, I cruised to the Fulda Border Station, next to the Sigma-13 jumpgate and docked.
Safety! I gave off my ship for repairs and entered the small bar, where I had like ten drinks, in hope to forget what just happened. That was scary as hell!

[Image: westerwald_nebula.jpg]
The weird field, inside the copper coloured nebula.,