Discovery Gaming Community
Sunbucks Cafe - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+---- Forum: Watering Holes (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=149)
+---- Thread: Sunbucks Cafe (/showthread.php?tid=7765)

Sunbucks Cafe - Nitram - 07-20-2009

"Aw nuts."

Sunbucks Cafe - Price - 07-20-2009

"Let me see if I got this straight. You were undercover LSF informing on the LPI?"

I tsk'd a couple times, shaking my head.

"There's a special circle in Hell reserved for traitors. You may think you're on the right side, but... well, let me hear things from your point of view. Out with it, lad."

"The LPI's job is to uphold justice. Apparently they where doing a shoddy job of it, with all the corruption and bribes. So, thus you should punsih yourselves for being the traitors."

Said Radclyffe, hoping it was a computer program that would short circut itself, but all he said was the truth.

I could see this one would take some convincing, so I put my hands palms-down on the desk and leveraged myself up, walking around to stand right in front of him.

"You know where you are? Chula Vista, 207th Precinct... Hell's waiting room."

I let the impact of my words sink in. Most officers had heard of me, and those that didn't believe quickly did when they found themselves here.

"Now, you're doing my job for me. Let me explain some things, the LPI have been chosen to defend Liberty. They're the sheepdogs, protecting the weak. Those that are corrupt find themselves here. I check up on them, and with an unerring 100% success rate, they never take a bribe again. Now, what I'm looking at is a rat that'd rather run to the LSF than try to fix things the right way.

"So, what'll it be? There are three ways out of this room. You best choose. Down, up, or back out the door. What you say next may very well decide which way you go."

"Well mate. You don't know who I am. And I doubt you ever will Vincent" said Radclyffe, letting his words sink in. "WE may be sheepdogs, but some are not what they are ment to be. And others are more then they seem."

"Those that aren't find what they deserve in their judgment. The unrepentant corrupt always go where they deserve. The LSF hasn't been chosen, the Navy hasn't been chosen. There are forces at work here greater than you or I. God? Something else? I don't know. What I do know is that the LPI, for all its flaws, is the organization that has been chosen.

"And I fix those flaws, or we fix them from the inside-out. Calling in the LSF? Why don't you just run home to your mother, Norman? Or perhaps you'd like to see some corruption fixed now?"

I thought about it and another man stood besides Norman, Lieutenant Joe Smith.

Norman takes a seat "It seems we both have the same job, except I do mine... Less dramatically, this I goota watch. So By all means, start"

Sunbucks Cafe - Donutman - 07-20-2009

Joe didn't really feel surprised when he disappeared and showed up in front of Price. He knew he'd get called there eventually. All Officers were. He looked at Norman. "This isn't any computer program you LSF fool."

Then he waited for Price to go on.

"Bribery. Not good, not good at all, Lieutenant. And don't think I've forgotten you, Norman. You may be trying to do right, but no one else will look out for the LPI except for itself. Don't ever expect the LSF or Navy to protect you, you must do it for yourself. You must earn Liberty's respect."

I cleared my throat, which was a rather disturbing sound to them, seeing as it was mostly skeletal with only some flesh hanging on. Then I opened the door behind my desk, where they could see clearly...

"This is where corrupt officers go. This is where traitors go. Learn from your mistakes. Know that this doesn't have to be your fate... this is a wake-up call, gentlemen."

Sunbucks Cafe - Donutman - 07-20-2009

Joe and Norman both crapped there pants at seeing Hell through the door.