Discovery Gaming Community
Sunbucks Cafe - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+---- Forum: Watering Holes (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=149)
+---- Thread: Sunbucks Cafe (/showthread.php?tid=7765)

Sunbucks Cafe - Zapp - 07-23-2009

The Chief's office is Libby proof.

Sunbucks Cafe - Marcus Lindberg - 07-23-2009

Lindberg can't believe what he see's, but the chief is showing up as a Battleship on his scanners.

Lindberg lands his Libby in the hangar and switches to his Roc bomber, SNAC's armed.

Sunbucks Cafe - Pinko - 07-23-2009

The Boston Cream, after a last patrol, moors on Fort Bush with ease. The repair ship was easy to fly, was extremely light and, so that wasn't that hard to accomplish. The crew of the Boston Cream was formed by 3 people: Andrew Baker, Mark Nielsen and Jake Carson. Andrew was the self-proclaimed leader of this trio, while Jake was the radar operator and Mark was the one responsible of Donut distribution aboard the Boston Cream.

Andrew and his crewmen then walks out the Boston Cream, and heads to the coffee, craving for their donuts.

Sunbucks Cafe - themasterelite - 07-23-2009

Deveron Kerry sits down in his small office and looks at the screen of his personal computer. LPI typically gave him an empty office with nothing but a few staples and a paper clip or two, so he had to load it up with his own stuff and get it insured in case any other LPI found out about it and decided to take advantage of its not being company property and steal from him.

He began his usual routine of checking the lanes one by one, followed quickly by a checking of his virtual mail system, one of the few things he still had that no LPI had gotten into.

Suddenly, as he signed out of his mailing service, he heard a crash somewhere in the building. He looked outside his door for a moment, but saw no one. He thought he heard it from the HR department, which was located on the same floor.

Whats in there anyway? he wondered. I've never seen anyone go in there, and yet we have it. It takes up quite a bit of space, so there must be something or someone in there.

He opened the door a crack and looked inside.....

Sunbucks Cafe - Marcus Lindberg - 07-23-2009

Marcus finally realised why the Chief was showing up as a Battleship in his scanners.

"Heh, its because of his weight isn't it!, and shields! good lord!"

The Chief (battleship) also showed shields because apparently his weight had created a smaller gravitational field around the Chief which caused some small particles to stick to the Chief, thus shielding him.

Marcus armed his Inferno

"oh CRAP, I'mm not supposed to have this on my ship am I...."

Sunbucks Cafe - Donutman - 07-23-2009

Joe was walking by the HR when he saw Kerry sticking his head in. He didn't like Kerry, so he made no attempt to stop him. He instead walked to the hangar and locked himself in the Angola, which only he had the keys too.

Sunbucks Cafe - Zapp - 07-23-2009

A giant shadow reaches out of HR and grabs Kerry, pulling him kicking and screaming into a waking nightmare...

Kerry thought fast and drew what he thought was his tazer, but turned out to be his old flashlight.

What?! Lindberg...or perhaps it had been Joe... he didn't have time to think much more. The HR door shut suddenly behind him...

He turned the flashlight on...

Suddenly he stopped moving. At the same time his flashlight came on the lights in the room came on, and he was in the grip of a machine. His mind lit up the moment the word machine hit him, but it just as quickly was extinguished when he recalled an officer mentioning something about a "paper shredder", which Kerry now realized was most likely what he was starring at.

Suddenly a second tentacle extended to him, wrapped around his neck, and began lifting him off the ground.

Thinking fast, he yanked a stale doughnut from his emergency supply and tossed it at the thing. It caught it with yet another of its tentacles, which then tossed it into a nearby trash bin.

He tossed a paper clip at it, hoping for a different result. It caught the paper clip with unnatural speed and accuracy, and placed it back in his pocket.

"No littering" came a deep voice, evidently emanating from the machine.

"Right...sorry about...erk...that." Kerry replied. He realized it could talk and tried to see if he could get it to release him.

"Could you let me go now? You know, before I [erk]...choke to death?"

"Unit must identify itself."

"Deveron Kerry, Officer of the...[cough]...LPI..."

The machine loosened its grip so he could breath again.

"This space is unauthorized." Suddenly Kerry found himself flying out the door and hitting the floor...hard.

He got to his feet. "What makes me unauthorized?"

"Is the bio-unit damaged?"

"Uhhhh...Perhaps...I'm feeling a bit hurt that Lindberg...or Joe...or whoever did it...took my tazer." He ran his hands back down to his belt and began re-checking, but it was still not there.

"Is the unit here for recycling?"

"Depends. What do you recycle?"

"Bio-units."

Kerry's heart seemed to stop pounding suddenly. What exactly did that mean? Remembering the paper shredder phrase, his thoughts raced to a gruesome conclusion of what it probably meant.

"Hmmmm...does this, uh...unit make exceptions?"

"You are damaged, and you come here. Your purpose must be recycling. Please step forward."

Kerry reluctantly stepped forward, seeing little alternative...but every molecule in his body told him to do exactly the opposite...

Sunbucks Cafe - Donutman - 07-23-2009

Joe, realizing that The Harvester in HR was about to eat Kerry, ran back, tazed the idiot, then dragged him out.
When Kerry woke up, Joe slapped him in the face, yelled at him for being stupid enough to go into the HR, then
dragged him to Leeroy's Office, only to see the door was open.
"Stupid idiot goin' into HR, they don't call it "Human Resources" for nothin'. Wait, why's Leeroy's door open...."

Joe looked in and realized when Radclyyfe had gotten out, he forgot to lock the door behind him.

From somewhere on the station, a scream could be heard.

"Oh S***."