Discovery Gaming Community
Sunbucks Cafe - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+---- Forum: Watering Holes (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=149)
+---- Thread: Sunbucks Cafe (/showthread.php?tid=7765)

Sunbucks Cafe - Zapp - 02-02-2009

Jack Sawyer slouched into an unusually-empty Sunbucks. Most everyone had cleared out of the station after the bombing, and only two kinds of people were left: repair crews and LPI, and there were very few of the latter. Most every LPI that could fly was in the air, or on the ground doing security checks. The barkeep seemed glad that someone entered, and lavished Sawyer with all his attention.

"Any idea when business is gonna pick up?" he asked, probing. Jack just shook his head.

"All I know is my 'business' just got a helluva lot busier. F***'n terrorists." He took the bottle of beer and chugged it.

Sunbucks Cafe - max_was_ere@hotmail.com - 02-05-2009

Marx Meyer stumbles into the cafe.

"Cheif!, I know who did it, Those bastards nearly got m....ee........."

Marx then falls to the floor unconscious.

Sunbucks Cafe - hack - 02-05-2009

Outside of Sunbucks, Fort Bush.

Hull O'Brian was still thinking of the assignments the Chief had given him when he was about to pass Sunbucks.

"Eh, might as well have a quick one before I check Marx's cube. "

O'Brian opens the door and steps inside.....to find a body on the floor!

The hairs on the back of his neck raises up. All of the bodies have been removed already. Hey, I recognize that behind!

He runs the 10 feet, and slips in the small pool of blood that is spreading out from underneath the body..

Regaining his wits, he gently rolls the female form over....

and stares into the face of Marx Myers!

He checks for a pulse, it shallow and weak. Looking down at the front of her shirt, there is a ever increasing bloody patch that keeps spreading. Gut shot!

He looks up at the bar, but the bar tender isnt there, no one is in the place!

He yanks off his uniform shirt and balls it up and places it over the wound and applies pressure.

Next he keys in a combo of keys into his personal comms unit that that sends a priority override to the Dispatchers on Manhattan. A code that can freeze the heart of the toughest cop around.

Officer down.

"Central dispatch, this is O'Brian! I need a EMS team in Sunbucks on Fort Bush now! I have a female officer, shes been gut shot. I need Medevac One here and ready to go to Manhattan General ASAP. Tell them to get here, speed is buster!"

"Roger Captain, Medevac One en route, we will clear a lane from Fort Bush to Manhattan. EMS teams from the Leavenworth are 2 minutes out."

"Dispatch, Medevac One will shoot anything it finds in its way, is that clear?" O'Brian barked.

"Understood Captain"

Dang, this was going to be close. Her face is starting to look ashen. "Look, I dont know if you can hear me, but don't die now you pain in the.."

The first EMS team burst through the doors of Sunbucks and started to work on Myers. They stabilized her and got her on a hover gurney and proceeded to take her to Medevac One. O'Brian followed and sat down inside .

"Captain, here, a towel so you can clean up." said one of the Techs.

"Thanks" replied O'Brian.

"Uh Captain, I am afraid you will need to be seen in the E.R. yourself" came the reply from one of the Med Techs.

"Why?"

"Your nose is broken"

Sunbucks Cafe - max_was_ere@hotmail.com - 02-06-2009

The Sunbucks is particularly Busy, Not with customers but with Medic crews and repair teams running back and forth to distant distress calls. A Single blonde haired man no older than 25 is quietly sitting in the corner not being taken up by Repair crews. He isn't surprised no one has noticed him, Everyone is too busy to be looking for Rogue pilots who happen to be sitting in the LPI's own cafe. He was scanning the room waiting for the Guy they called O'Brian. He seems to be the guy to go to about anything and assumed that was his best bet to get to marx. He looked down at his Mini Laptop to make sure the message couldn't be traced, He'd hate for his last message to get her Fired. Oliver Looked up when he heard someone shout out,
"Hows the nose Brian?"
Oliver watched as the man walked to a Repair Team carrying Food and water. He laughed at the poor form of security and how easy it was to get into Fort Bush and calmly walks over to this O'Brian.
"You're O'Brain" Oliver said with complete confidence.
"Yeah, What you need?"
"Give this to Marx"
O'brain looking abit confused, quickly asks as Oliver heads for the door.
"Who are you"
But Oliver had already left.

Message Reading:
Dear Marx,
With situations becoming what they are I can't risk harming you like this again. I can't bere to do this to you so I have to leave you. I just can't take putting you in such danger I'm sorry but I love you too much.
From what I've been told I doubt you will even remember me ever again.
Goodbye and I love you.......

Sunbucks Cafe - hack - 02-09-2009

Fort Bush

Its late on Fort Bush, and it's almost closing time for the Sunbucks onboard.
A figure enters the store in civilan clothes,and is carrying a square box with him.
The bartender recognizes him, and just nods to him. "Is it here?" he asks.

"Yes." replies the figure. "Took me a while to get all the names engraved on it, but they are all there."

"Gonna put it where we thought it should be?" asked the barman.

"Yup"

The figure goes about his work. He removes what appears to be a plaque and hangs it on the mount that was
recently attached to the wall.

He looks at his handy work, gives it a final glance, and is satisfied that it is in it's final spot.

Looking up at the plaque, he begins to read....."Know all that read this, that those individuals listed below, made the ultimate sacrifice whilst in the line of duty. Our comrades in arms shall be missed. They are now considered to be on eternal patrol"

All 147 names of those LPI officers that perished in the bombing were listed.

"You shall not be forgotten" The figure was heard to mumble.

The figure turned to go out the door, he calls out to the bar man "Night"

The barman replied "G'night Hull"

Sunbucks Cafe - hack - 02-16-2009

Hull O'Brian walks in, sees he bar tender, and asks him to post something up for him.

[Image: LPI3gotovo.png]

Nerual Net Page.

Sunbucks Cafe - JakeSG - 02-24-2009

"Oi! Yew lot!" Fred Hamilton shouts above the rabble. Several of the occupants fall backwards in shock at his sudden appearance, but most of them simply take it as the Chief rubbing off on him. "Thankyeh! Lissenup! There's a tournament on fer the best fighters in Sirius!" he said, waving a sheet of paper in the air.
Most of the officers went back to drinking.
"Look! Ah know we sure as hell ain't gonna find none here, but all the same, we've got ourselves an image to uphold! So you get yer arses over here, and you sign this little slip of paper, and maybe, just maybe, you'll be wakin' up somewhere familiar tomorrow!"
Fred Hamilton walks over to the wall, finds a nice clear piece of plaster, and nails the sheet to it.

Sunbucks Cafe - max_was_ere@hotmail.com - 03-03-2009

Marx Meyer walks sneaks in wearing a large overcoat and acting as inconspicuous as possible.
She quickly cross the distance between the door and the bartender.
"I need a favor, Could you give this to Hull" Marx says in a flurry of words as she hands a small DataPad to the Barman.
"Also could you give this to Fred?" marx kisses the bartender ,Very passionately then heads for the door.

Muttering "I love you" as she leaves.

Never to been seen here again.

Sunbucks Cafe - Zapp - 03-03-2009

Chief Myers storms into Sunbucks, amidst a flurry of roars for Marx's head on a platter. He finds silence. Shocked Officers stare at him.

"If ya see her," he breathes, "tell 'er she's FIRED."

He then punches a flatfoot in the nose, steals his donut, and heads back to his office.

Sunbucks Cafe - hack - 03-05-2009

Hull walked into Sunbucks for a quick one. So far this week had sucked big time. Marx quit and high tailed it out of there, Fred set her office on fire, Got shot down by the SCRA.......

"Barman, tequila please" Hull intoned

"Sure Hull. Oh, by the way, this is for you" The barman slides a datapad in front of him.

"Where did this come from?"

"Marx left it for ya"

Hull turned on the datapad and starts to read.......................