Discovery Gaming Community
Sunbucks Cafe - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+---- Forum: Watering Holes (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=149)
+---- Thread: Sunbucks Cafe (/showthread.php?tid=7765)

Sunbucks Cafe - lunchboxx - 04-05-2010

As Zanero finishes his coffee, he take a look at the dart board over in the corner.

Being Bored* as heck, he gets up fron his seat, and walks over to play.

As he aims his first dart, he throws...*whiffp* 80 points... not bad...

*whiffp* 60

*whiffp* 95

*whiffp* 80 again

*whiffp* OUCH!!!!!

Zanero looks in horror as he sees the final dart protruding out of the arm of John Kimble.

"Whoops...."

Sunbucks Cafe - john kimble - 04-05-2010

You son of a witch! Are you out of your mind!?

Don't do that.

I don't really like you, alright? You've brought me nothing but pain.

Sunbucks Cafe - Osilon - 04-05-2010

From inside the bar, a crash can be heard, accompanied by a yell of "God f***ing damnit!" from outside.

Major Strickland walks into the bar. His usual blue cap is seared down the side, and a small flame flickers on his left shoulder, which he seems to ignore. Outside it can be seen a small escape pod, crushed and broken, and bearing an area where it seems the door was blown open with a ballistic pistol.

Walking over to the bar, he sits on a stool. The bartender stares at him quizzically.
"I'll have a liberty ale, please."
The bartender does not move.
Banging his fist on the table, strickland yells, "Go get me a goddamn ale! it looks like i'll be here a while."
Taking his ale from the bartender, Strickland stalks over to a corner, beats the fire on his shoulder out, and begins to drink.

Sunbucks Cafe - themasterelite - 04-05-2010

Kerry walked into the Cafe, his hair in a curiously random mess and his gait oddly dangled. For all intents and purposes, he looked like he'd just come back from the dead.

He ordered, of all things, a cup of fresh water, something which no LPI Officer ever ever ever does.

Detective Kimble, sensing an opportunity to collect evidence on him, was about to stand when Kerry finished guzzling the water and suddenly recited the following:

Half a lane, half a lane,
Half a lane onward,
All in the shadow of Liberty
Flew the six Libbies.
'Forward, the Libby Brigade!
Charge for the Pirates' Myers said:
Into the dark side of Liberty
Flew the six Libbies.

'Forward, the Libby Brigade!'
Was there a cop dismay'd?
Not tho' the citizens knew
Some one had fail'd:
Theirs not to make reply,
Theirs not to ask a donut why,
Theirs but to do and sigh:
Flew the six Libbies.

Rogue to the right of them,
Hacker to the left of them,
Xeno to the front of them
Volley'd and thunder'd;
Storm'd at with plasma and laser fire,
Yet did not their courage expire,
Into the fray once more,
Flew the six Libbies.

Flash'd all their muzzles near,
Flash'd as their mines did clear
Filling the criminals with fear,
Storming the unwavering tide again
All of Liberty stood and stare'd:
Engulfed in the fiery fray
Yelled Deveron Kerry: "Make my day!"
Jim Markey had naught a thing to say
For Riza it was mere fair play
Hull O'Brian hit the Hacker's missile bay
Lindberg evaded a Razor with a "hey!"
While Myers ate a donut while sipping some Earl Grey;
Rogue and Outcast and Lane Hacker both
Flail'd and swerved from the laser fire
Ravage'd and outdone.
Then they fled, but not those who won
Not the six Libbies.

Rogue to the right of them,
Hacker to the left of them,
Xeno to the front of them
Volley'd and thunder'd;
Storm'd at with plasma and laser fire,
Good thing LPI warranties never expire,
They that fight with such brevety,
As was fit for those finest of Liberty,
Their hulls scarred but held,
Their hearts and spirits swell'd,
So flew the six Libbies.

Not one of Liberty's foes went unfaced!
Not one enemy vessel's hull went ungraced!
All of Liberty stood and stare'd.
Their jaws agape, others scare'd.
Never forget the courage they show'd!
Never forget the Sabre they blow'd!
Never forget the donuts and tazes!
Never forget the paperwork and catchphrases!
Never forget the Libby Brigade,
Never forget the LPI.

Several of the other Officers applauded, but Kimble's eye twitched instead. Kerry set down the cup, then suddenly whipped out his tazer and jolted Kimble with electricity once more.

Even as Kimble collapsed, Kerry walked over and grabbed the flatfoot's tie, then dragged him across the floor and into the never-used Janitor's closet. Kerry then locked the door and tossed the key back to the bartender before he walked back out.

As he does, Zanero is heard muttering "Some o' our boys are just wound way too tight."

Kerry suddenly walked back in and handed Zanero a small piece of paper before turning and heading back out yet again.

Zanero looked at the piece of paper...

It was the receipt for the water...but it had Zanero's name and card details on it...

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!"

Kimble could be heard in the closet, banging on the door and shouting profanities like a sailor.

"You want to frack with me!? Well I've got news for you! You're MINE now! You belong to ME!!! You son of a witch!"

Nobody payed attention. Kimble spent the night there.

Sunbucks Cafe - hack - 04-05-2010

Hull O'Brian wanders into Sunbucks after stepping around what was left of a lifepod for a coffee when he hears a banging coming from the Janitors closet.

Upon Opening the door, he finds Detective John Kimble there, looking really frustrated and a bit dazed.

Hull looks around the bar for the perpetrator, and notices a stranger sitting at the bar wearing a slightly burned blue hat.

"He did it" Hull Jerked a thumb towards the guy at the bar.

Kimble stood up like he weighed 700 pounds. He stomped over to Major Strickland and clamped a hand down on his shoulder like a vice. He pulled the man up off the stool and spun him around, forcing his back against the bar.

"One of us is in deep trouble. I want to know what's going on and I want to know right now! No more complaining, no more 'Mr. Kimble I have to go to the bathroom,' nothing!"

Sunbucks Cafe - Osilon - 04-05-2010

Major Strickland walked over to the edge of the bar, where the dartboard was. Instead of removing the previously-thrown darts, he drew his pistol, and loosed ten rounds into the dartboard, and then removed the empty-and-steaming clip and threw it over his shoulder, where it hit kimble square in the head.

Slipping his pistol back into his pocket, Strickland stalked back to his table, where a bottle of ale and a small glass were waiting.

Kimble stood like a statue as the clip bounced off of his head.

"Don't do that."

Kimble walked up to Strickland and looked down at the man. He grabbed the gun out of Strickland's holster in a lightning-fast move and crushed it like a popcan in front of him.

"I need your clothes, your boots, and your motorcycle."

Sunbucks Cafe - themasterelite - 04-05-2010

Suddenly there was a dozen officers in Sunbucks, almost as if they had materialized out of the air or something...

Before Strickland knew what was happening, he was on the floor in the middle of the bar with about a dozen dark shadows standing over him, all their hands extended save one, ending in some particularly shiny rectangular device.

Kerry saw Kimble squeezed in between two of them and landed on Strickland with his spork, forcing it against his throat.

"This is where your pony ride ends."

Kerry glared at both of them for a moment, then looked at Hull O'Brian for approval...

He got a nod and a particularly disturbing grin...

...and the next sound to fill the air was enough electrical power to create an EMP so strong it knocked out the lights, plunging the cafe into total darkness....