Discovery Gaming Community
Sunbucks Cafe - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+---- Forum: Watering Holes (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=149)
+---- Thread: Sunbucks Cafe (/showthread.php?tid=7765)

Sunbucks Cafe - jshkornmiller - 03-05-2009

Fredro jumps out of his Liberator and runs inside, he looks for Hull and sees him reading something on the bar.

"Hey, what ya reading?" Fredro yells as he comes behind him and slaps him on the back

"Something from Marx, i just got it and have not had a chance to read it yet." Hull says as he looks at fredro and then returns to reading the data pad.

"Roger cap, I'll just grab me a drink and find something good to watch. Barkeep! Liberty Ale please! I'm hungry too. give me some food, a pastry and a double cheeseburger with extra mustard and tomato!"

Fredro gets his food and runs to a table with two planet side Female officers and Jerry.

"Hey Jerry! introduce me to these two fine ladies here." Just as Fredro says that one of the female cops kicks him in the shin.

Sunbucks Cafe - hack - 03-05-2009

Hull watches as Fredro tries to score some points with a couple of really nice looking planet side officers.

Ouch! She really nailed his shins.... That's gonna leave a mark.

Seeing Fredro in his pain reminded Hull that its been awhile since he went out on a date. Gonna have to do something about that...

Hull turned his attention back to the datapad, hoping to finally be able to access it.......

Sunbucks Cafe - enterprise5595 - 03-05-2009

Jerry, consumed by his company, didnt notice Fredo at first, but after a couple of seconds he came to his senses and introduced his fellow officer to the two fine looking ladies.

Hey Fredo, meet two of manhattan's finest future officers, he said and gave them room to get a little more aquainted. Then Shaw took Fredo to have a word in private with him.

Hey man, did you see the look that Hull gave ya? I think he's jealous of ya being here with the girls, he said. Then a slight evil-ish smile appeared on Jerry's face and he continued talking with his voice tuned down...

Wanna mess a little with him? He looks a lil rusty. I bet that this will rise envy in him, said Jerry and quickly dragged Fredo back to the girls. Then he took one and told his friend to do the same. Follow my lead, he added. They approached Hull when Jerry "accidentally" broke a glass of ale to get his attention. He, then quickly said- Now, watch and repeat. Shaw grabbed his gal and passionately kissed her right infront of the chief's surprised gaze...so did Fredo. Then they quickly left the cafe, a little affraid of the chief's reaction...

Sunbucks Cafe - jshkornmiller - 03-06-2009

Fredro Vomits all over the planet side officer.

" Sorry girl, i'm not that into you. " Fredro says as he backs away.

he walks to a booth with a viewscreen and begins to watch the local news.

SNS

Reports today from LPI Huntsville after a riot took the life of two officers and fourteen inmates. the uprising occurred at 12:56 pm today when a small group of Xeno prisoners were transfered to a holding brig on deck seven. Deck seven being a primarily Liberty rogue inmate brig. During lunch hour, the xeno's where attacked by the Rogue rivals. Sadly, all the Xeno's lost there life. The LPi swat officers raided the lunch hall and Shot tear gas at the inmates, several rogues attacked the LPI SWAT members as one grabbed hold of the officers side blaster, ending the life of Two of liberty finest officers. the rogues life was termanated before he was able to kill another officer. Memorial services will be held tomorrow on Planet Manhattan, the home of the LPI officers that were killed.

Now back to weather, ion storms becoming more and more Frequent. This raising the Question, is our stars safe, how long do they have left to burn that fuel. Or, are the Rhinelanders hiding some massive jamming satellite in one of the debris fields around liberty. With us today is the Chief of defence and Robert Clever of the DSE office of .......

Fredro turns his head away from the view screen.

"Whew! Crappy day i say! Best to go see what Captain O'Brian has to say"

Sunbucks Cafe - max_was_ere@hotmail.com - 03-06-2009

Hull heads down to the Nerds in Tech Level to see if they can decode the Datapad.
"Oi, You how the hell do I open this thing!" Hull yells at one of the random guys running around.

After a lengthy and detailed explanation of how to open the datapad Hull puts his hands up and says
"Look, Look I didn't get a word of that bloody mumbo jumbo just open the damn thing"

"It takes a voice activation to open otherwise it's as useless as a 4 TB micro Processor without a power cord *Snorts and laughs*

Sunbucks Cafe - Zapp - 03-10-2009

The Chief enters the bar. Everyone stares him down quietly in fear as he waddles his way to the counter. He heaves himself onto a bar stool that creaks ominously, and orders some beer. Then, he tells all the LPI that he's proud of what they've accomplished. Everyone kinda stares at him in shock, not used to the compliment. Then he yells at them to get back to work, and they hop.

Sunbucks Cafe - Boss - 03-14-2009

Jeff walks into the bar with a definite swagger in his step. He takes his spot by the window and promptly gets dizzy from the tower spinning. Funny, that, that a guy can get vertigo on 'solid' ground, but not in a bomber. He calls to the barkeep and orders a double-finger 180-proof espresso triple latte grande mochachino with ice. It's been a long day of louging, inspecting, and fighting. Oh yeah, Jeff downed two ships today.

Sunbucks Cafe - JakeSG - 03-15-2009

Fred walks into the bar, orders an ale and takes a seat alone in one of the dark corners. Without even having touched his ale, he vomits over the table. Then he lays his head on his arm and begins to quietly cry into the crook of his elbow.

Sunbucks Cafe - Middy - 03-16-2009

Glenn walked into the bar at about 0300... not that the time means much to a man whose life is spent jumping from station to station, but be it from lack of sleep or just the natural fatigue associated with the words "o-three hundred hours", he was a bit tired. With about fifteen minutes to go on his Code 7 (that's cop-speak for "meal break" for all you civilian types), Glenn decided a stop at Sunbucks would be a good idea... he had about two hours to go on his patrol and his eyes were beginning to droop.

After getting the barista to fill up his mug (emblazoned with the LPI logo), Glenn sat down at small table to enjoy the last few minutes of his break.

Mid-sip he was interrupted by one of the civilian employees of LPI - a young lad, Jack, who worked in records on Fort Bush, filing the various paperwork officers would bring in after a day's patrol. The boy, barely out of his teens, nervously approached Glenn.

"'scuse me officer, you Mr. Lakewood? You the ex-Marine?"

"Once a Marine always a Marine, bro."

Jack giggled nervously and sat himself down. "I wanted to join the corps, but my parents wouldn't let me."

The older man smiled. "Mine weren't to keen on the idea either. I said to my ma, 'Ma, I'm gonna go enlist myself in the Liberty Marine Corps,' and she turns around and says, 'Glenn you gonna go to that fine school that you and your daddy worked so hard to get yourself into on Manhattan.' So I says to her, 'Yes, ma,' and on my 18th birthday I stole her groundcar and drove myself down to the recruit depot."

He smiled reminiscently. "Never regretted it for a second. Well maybe the first and second days of boot camp." He chuckled again and stood up, and the nervous young man followed suit. Adjusting his belt, Glenn held out his hand to the lad, who took it smiling, and said, "Well son, it was a pleasure meeting you mister..."

"Jack is my name sir!"

"Mister Jack." Downing the remainder of his coffee in a brief swig, Glenn returned to the hangar to finish off his patrol.

Sunbucks Cafe - hack - 03-18-2009

Hull O'Brian was sitting at a booth in the back of Sunbucks catching up on his paperwork. It had been a month of ups and downs.

On the up side of things, recruitment had been going fine before he war, but now with the declaration of war, recruitment was really up. On top of that, some of the recruits were beyond outstanding.

The Chief had cracked down hard on the Maintenance and Supply branches, told them if they hadn't been so dang lazy, we wouldn't be bringing back broken ships.Lately, the libbys had been performing like a dream.

A new bomber had been introduced, the Li-117 Upholder. Officers were nicknaming it "The Lawn Dart". Thing was as agile as a cat and very deadly.

The down side of things were Fredro had quit. He had left and people were still scratching their heads over that one....

And lastly..........Marx Myers had quit and rumored to have joined the Liberty Rogues. She had left here husband Fred Hamilton behind also. Had to be a heck of a story there....

Which got Hull to thinking.....It's been a while, I might go see that red head on Planet L.A. for a bit.... go to the beach....have some fun.

About then, a group of LPI officers came in, dirty and sweat soaked, but victorious in battle, having captured a Outcast Destroyer without a shot and undamaged.

Hull smiled for what seemed like a long time.

This group will do just fine............