Discovery Gaming Community
Sunbucks Cafe - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+---- Forum: Watering Holes (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=149)
+---- Thread: Sunbucks Cafe (/showthread.php?tid=7765)

Sunbucks Cafe - Garrett Jax - 04-09-2010

Seymore mentally kicked himself for allowing the Hunter to see his disbelief. They must have their perceptive powers trained from their youth up, he surmised.

It was obvious the Hunter was holding something back. Even more so, with the woman. Regardless, he was going to get some answers before all chaos ensued.

Turning to the Hunter, he threw on the widest smile he could. "My apologies, sir for holding you both up. We here, as LPI officers tend to get a little jumpy at times, what with all the coffee we drink." Nervous laughter echoed through the cafe. "You both are certainly welcome to leave at any time you wish."

Seymore's smile vanished. "However, those devices stay."

Sunbucks Cafe - Nitram - 04-09-2010

Norman takes out his PDA, knowing that the Hunter and the woman would object, so he starts looking for the Paragraph and Article that states that LPI have the right to confiscate crap they want...

Sunbucks Cafe - Glis - 04-09-2010

Razor smiled and said "No way, i won this device fair and square im keeping it. And if you Officers would let me tinker with it for a while i can figure out how it works and whats it for, i won't take long."

Sunbucks Cafe - Talbott - 04-09-2010

' Wrote:"hell of a joke, don't you think frank?"
Fort Bush Infirmary

"It woulda been funnier if he had gotten the real stuff, not that bootleg white lightning. You're damn lucky that you didn't go blind, I had a third cousin that went mule-crazy on rotgut like that."

Frank sat down on a convenient chair. "So the Doc shot you up with a general alcohol suppressant and a detox serum that should take care of the infection from that booze. Guess some Cryer whizz-kid found a chemical that hyper-metabolizes alcohol and neutralizes it before it hits the bloodstream. You'll be stone cold sober for the next 48 hours, only downside is you'll have to piss like a racehorse if you do drink any booze."

He stood up and adjusted his belt. "If you'll take some advice from a fellow recruit, stay away from the bar side of the Sunbucks. Stick to coffee for now. Now if you don't mind I'm heading back to the Cafe."

Sunbucks Cafe, Fort Bush

Frank could tell a standoff when he saw one. He didn't bother to enter the Cafe. Instead he took up a concealed position by the door, flicked the retention strap on his shoulder holster out of the way and watched the drama inside unfold from a convenient window.

Seymore couldn't believe what he was hearing. The Hunter actually wanted to tinker with an alien device with little to no knowledge of what it could do. Was he insane? Or worse, was he homicidal? A heavy noise he heard a short time ago finally registered with him. He smiled inwardly. Hull O'Brian must have activated the Magma's installed throughout Sunbucks. Good ol' Hull.

Looking around, Seymore caught the eye of an officer unseen to him in a long time. An officer he hoped he would never see. An officer that was never to be named. Both confidence and fear swelled up within him. It appeared that the security at Sunbuck Cafe was airtight.

Seymore reconsidered the offer of the Bounty Hunter. Maybe it would help to gain some insight into what that device was. At least we could find out if it poses an immediate threat to Liberty. This Hunter had to be warned however. He grabbed his attention and said, "Okay Hunter, you may proceed. But be warned. If we so much as smell threat, you and this woman will be vaporized where you stand.

After tinkering with the toy for awhile he figured out what that thing does, so he stands up and says "I know what this is." he walked over to Seymore and told him "This thing is a portable Navigation map, it has a memory card with high capacity and it can download and upload Navigation map files and data, its sort of a hacking device, however the racer i got this from was a Junker." "I need this more then you. And if you don't let me go there is gonna be problems with the LPI and the Guild, and you don't want that."

Sunbucks Cafe - Nitram - 04-09-2010

"Well, considering our secuirty here" said Norman as he patted Leroy on the head "If we don't want you to, you don't leave this station. Cheif, have our RnD department look at it?"

"Your not taking this from me, your gonna call the RnD department over to the cafe and they are gonna look at it right here in front of me." Razor said.

Seymore watched the Hunter play with the small gadget for awhile. The longer he fidgeted and maneuvered the switches and buttons, the less worried he became. Not too long afterwards the Hunter cheerfully offered his assessment--A navigational map with hacking capabilities.

"That doesn't sound like a completely legal device to be carrying around, much less using. And you say you picked it up from a Junker?" Seymore's thoughts revolved around all the potential laws one could break with a device like that. He also considered the monetary value a corporation would place on such a device. No wonder the Hunter was loathe to give it up. It would fetch a pretty credit.

Turning to the Hunter again, "That device is illegal to carry in Liberty space. Unless you can convince the LPI that it cannot be used for nefarious crimes, you will relinquish control of the device immediately."

Sunbucks Cafe - hack - 04-09-2010

Hull Had heard i, but couldn't believe his ears....

"I need this more then you. And if you don't let me go there is gonna be problems with the LPI and the Guild, and you don't want that."

It started as a small snicker, then ll couldn't hold it in any more...

He had a gut busting laugh..

"Hold on, I will call the Guild masters for ya.."

Hull started to dial.........