Discovery Gaming Community
Sunbucks Cafe - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+---- Forum: Watering Holes (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=149)
+---- Thread: Sunbucks Cafe (/showthread.php?tid=7765)

Sunbucks Cafe - Maskage - 04-10-2010

JD Masket slowly takes another audible sip of his coffee, then sets it down. One hand is still on the cup, the other still below the table. His expression is still blank and serious as he stares in the general direction of the two intruders.

Sunbucks Cafe - Zapp - 04-10-2010

The Chief watched quietly, and took a few sips from his coffee. Seymore was doing a fine job. Fine enough. Not every day a Hunter walks into Sunbucks with a potential hacking device and tries to stare down the LPI. That took a certain kind of balls.

"Let him go," he said, looking the Hunter square in the eyes. "Not worth the trouble. I'd like to enjoy my coffee in peace. But if we do catch you using that for nefarious purposes, you'll be rooming with four Xenos that haven't so much as smelt a woman in six months... on Huntsville."

Sunbucks Cafe - Glis - 04-10-2010

"You will not regret this Chief." Razor grins at Seymore and finally leaves "Oh and before i forget, im not a criminal nor would i use this for any kind of criminal activities."

Sunbucks Cafe - Osilon - 04-10-2010

The woman gave the Chief a big puppy-dog look and said, in a cute yet sort-of-sarcastic tone of voice,
:Aww. You think i'd hurt people? Little old me?:
and then she grinned.
:Thats probably the smartest thing for you. You'll live longer:
A small spark lept from the cube, which was now glowing a deep shade of blue (only slightly). The spark lept to a barstool near the other side of the bar, where it spun up the leg of the stool and flickered out.
:Oh. Thats probably it, isn't it?: She said, pointing to the cube. :Its not your problem, it won't hurt you...i think...erm, maybe a little:

She didn't seem to care about the turrets, or the multiple police with multiple weapons. Pressing a button on the cube, a small click was heard, and the top half began to spin quickly, but without any noise whatsoever, and a small disturbance was felt in the air.

Sunbucks Cafe - Garrett Jax - 04-10-2010

Seymore watched the woman with growing disinterest. She had to be fully aware of the security measures taken against her. Cops surrounded her at every angle. Turrets threatened vaporization at any moment. Also, the "Officer that shall remain unnamed" stood close by. Added to these facts, was now the woman appeared to be speaking to the glowing cube.

It boiled down to two things. Either this woman recently escaped from the loony bin and someone from Medical was currently trying to track her down, or she was invulnerable to anything the LPI might do to her. Probably the former. Either way, there was nothing he could do, and so for the first time in hours, Seymore sat down peacefully for a nice cold drink.

Sunbucks Cafe - Zapp - 04-10-2010

The Chief gave her a look.

It would have killed most officers where they stood. They would have melted into little puddles and coalesced into a ball of pure panic, for they would have known the end was nigh.

Hull whistled under his breath, and the room went deathly quiet.

Now, the Chief is a large man. He's been trying to diet, and has in fact lost 50 pounds since the failed assassination attempt and subsequent diabetes scare. Despite that, he's still a good 250 or so. Most people that didn't know him would say he was a slug that sat behind a desk, but the people that do know him are aware that he started out as a rookie like anyone else, and had risen the ranks on merit alone.

"All I wanted," he said in a deathly quiet tone, "was to enjoy my f***ing coffee in peace."

One second he's ten feet away from her, the next he's next to her. The next second she's sprawled on the ground, the cube skittering across the floor. The officers in Sunbucks blink in surprise, and the mysterious woman is the most shocked of all; never underestimate the LPI.

"SEYMORE! MASKET!" he bellowed.

Both jumped to attention and were next to him in two seconds. They said in unison, "YES SIR?"

"Take this one to her ship, and if she doesn't have one book her a flight to Manhattan. I want her off my gorramn station. Don't forget to let her have her toy. After you taze it a couple times."

Masket pulls his tazer and zaps it on maximum setting. Seymore picks the woman up and they both leave on quick feet, eager to avoid the Chief's wrath. Before they're out the door, Captain Joe Smith appears and tazes her a couple times for good measure. For once, the Chief doesn't berate him for being tazer-happy.

Myers sits down at the bar and takes a long pull of his coffee. Just another day.

// That's it for power-gaming in MY bar thread. Next person to do so will be kicked so hard their children will feel it //

Sunbucks Cafe - Glis - 04-10-2010

Razor heard some noise that was coming from the bar he quickly turned around and he saw that Police Officers were carrying that woman's body to the launching pad, though he didn't care much he berely knew her, he turned around walked to his ship and launched.

Sunbucks Cafe - Osilon - 04-10-2010

In the docking bay, the woman came back to conciousness. Planting her feet firmly on the ground, her arms dissolved into a silvery powdery substance, only to reform once she was clear of the grip. She walked back in to the bar for a moment, before returning with her cube.
Storing it in her jacket, she turned over her shoulder, and waved a small goodbye to the men. As she walked towards the landing zone, she began to dissolve, and float away like sand or dust in the wind, until nothing remained.

Sunbucks Cafe - Nitram - 04-10-2010

"I hate my job..." said Radcyffe as he finished fixing the tazor. "Bloody civvilians..."

Sunbucks Cafe - Dashiell - 04-10-2010

* the phone behind the bar rings *

The barkeep picks it up.

'Mr, O' Brian, it's for you. Some man with a bretonian accent who says someone called for him about a hunter misbehaving'