Discovery Gaming Community
Sunbucks Cafe - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+---- Forum: Watering Holes (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=149)
+---- Thread: Sunbucks Cafe (/showthread.php?tid=7765)

Sunbucks Cafe - themasterelite - 04-10-2010

Kerry sat in his office. It hadn't changed much in the last 2 months he'd been locked in the HR Department. The LPI Office Policy never ceased to amaze him.

He fired up his datapad and checked his inbox. As usual, no messages. He grinned. No messages in two months, or even in his whole time in the LPI.

Kerry liked it that way.

He sipped his Sunbucks, he'd stopped counting how many he'd drank in the past 48 hours and instead simply went with it.

He stood up and opened a couple file cabinets, looking for some paperwork he probably hadn't finished. He needed something to do...

Suddenly the air at the entrance of his office shimmered, then slowly was 'flowed' out to make room for a peculiar space, which then in turn was filled with the ever-material presence...

...of the Chief.

Sunbucks Cafe - hack - 04-11-2010

' Wrote:* the phone behind the bar rings *

The barkeep picks it up.

'Mr, O' Brian, it's for you. Some man with a bretonian accent who says someone called for him about a hunter misbehaving'

O'Brian answered the Phone "Howdy, is this one of the BH guild elders?"

Sunbucks Cafe - Zapp - 04-11-2010

"KERRY!" the Chief barked, not giving him time to react. "I need you to test something!"

Myers stepped aside and two flatfoots stepped up and rushed Kerry, nightsticks out. "THINK FAST!" bellowed the Chief. Right as the flatfoots approached Kerry, the Chief pulled out a Sunbucks donut and threw it towards Kerry. Everything seemed to go in slow motion, and then...

Sunbucks Cafe - Nitram - 04-11-2010

Norman looked at Hull phoning, and turned to leave Sunbucks. He made his way trough the halls looking for his office...

Sunbucks Cafe - Dashiell - 04-11-2010

' Wrote:
O'Brian answered the Phone "Howdy, is this one of the BH guild elders?"

The man on the other end of the line answered:

'I'm not old mate. I'm a dashing young piece of arse. Anyway, aye, I'm 1 of the Guild Masters. Damoclass' the name. I heard you had some issues with some gents in your rozzer pub?' Gents claiming to be Bounty Hunters?'

Sunbucks Cafe - themasterelite - 04-11-2010

' Wrote:"KERRY!" the Chief barked, not giving him time to react. "I need you to test something!"

Myers stepped aside and two flatfoots stepped up and rushed Kerry, nightsticks out. "THINK FAST!" bellowed the Chief. Right as the flatfoots approached Kerry, the Chief pulled out a Sunbucks donut and threw it towards Kerry. Everything seemed to go in slow motion, and then...

There was something of a blur of motion, followed by both flatfoots being tripped, knocked upside their chins, and thrown to the floor all at the same time. Kerry now stood atop both of them, donut in hand, a posture which a moment ago would have seemed impossible to anyone...

...anyone, that is, except one of the LPI.

"How many of you are there?!" one of the flatfoots yelped.

Kerry raised an eyebrow, took a bite out of the donut, then stooped down and whispered...

"Only one, flatfoot."

Sunbucks Cafe - hack - 04-11-2010

' Wrote:The man on the other end of the line answered:

'I'm not old mate. I'm a dashing young piece of arse. Anyway, aye, I'm 1 of the Guild Masters. Damoclass' the name. I heard you had some issues with some gents in your rozzer pub?' Gents claiming to be Bounty Hunters?'

Hull Replied "Aye, thats correct. Goes by the Name Razor. He wandered in here with a strange glowing object, claims its a hacked Navigational Device. Seems to know this...For the lack of a better term.. "Woman". She was also in here and had a device that also glowed..... the two of them seem to know each other. Well, as you know, cops are a bit cautious when it comes to said things, and he didn't want to allow us a look to make sure it wasn't going to do anything....nasty. Claimed if we took it there would be trouble between you all and us."

"Oh, by the Way, the Woman he was with... Disintegrated and then left on her own means. Seems she is made up of Nanites robots."

" Just figured I better give ya all a call. As for being a dashing young piece of arse, I will have to take your word on it."

Hull waited for the reply.....

Sunbucks Cafe - Talbott - 04-12-2010

Seeing that the situation in the Cafe had been resolved, Frank flipped the retention strap back over his pistol and extricated himself from the decorative bush he had taken cover behind.

He walked to the bar, took a seat and tapped on the bar with two fingers.

"Houston Whiskey, no ice and none of that rotgut. You'd better throw it out, it's contaminated. Lancer nearly croaked."

Sunbucks Cafe - Dashiell - 04-12-2010

' Wrote:

Hull Replied "Aye, thats correct. Goes by the Name Razor. He wandered in here with a strange glowing object, claims its a hacked Navigational Device. Seems to know this...For the lack of a better term.. "Woman". She was also in here and had a device that also glowed..... the two of them seem to know each other. Well, as you know, cops are a bit cautious when it comes to said things, and he didn't want to allow us a look to make sure it wasn't going to do anything....nasty. Claimed if we took it there would be trouble between you all and us."

"Oh, by the Way, the Woman he was with... Disintegrated and then left on her own means. Seems she is made up of Nanites robots."

" Just figured I better give ya all a call. As for being a dashing young piece of arse, I will have to take your word on it."

Hull waited for the reply.....

'Razor.... Razor....'

*sound of papers being shuffled*

Bloody paper archives... I wish those bloody relics here would switch to datab- ah, here it is. Seems the chap applied to our official channels a while back. Wanted to obtain primary membership. Well, this episode will be rubbed in his face when he shows up at the office.'

'Anyway, please take note that nonsense spouted from 1 individual hunter does not reflect the stance of the Guild. There would not be 'trouble' if you had taken a look at the devices. The Guild respects the LPI authority. And you if deem it neccesary to inspect suspicious devices carried by hunters, in your own pub no less, you are free to do so of course.'

'If something like this occurs again, feel free to slap them around a bit. Throw the lot of em in the brick for all I care. The Guild will not stand for rudeness to 1 of our most respected clients. As for that desintergrating lass... We only have some lasses that run out on us. But we don't hire desintegrating ones. The medical costs would ruin us. I suggest you keep an eye on those 2. As will we.'

Damoclass paused for a second

'any other things that need to be discussed mr 'O Brian?

Sunbucks Cafe - Nitram - 04-12-2010

Norman walks into the bar and saw O'brian talking on the phone. Over-hearing that he was on the phone with a Hunter Guild master, he ran up to O'brian and pulled him off the phone for a moment.

"Uh, sir. Can you ask the Guild Master weather it would be possible to aquire a Bottlenose for me? Uh, not for LPI work, just want it for personal use. Lawful ofcouse... Or, mind if I speak to him myself?"

//Freelancer Bottlenose?