Discovery Gaming Community
Sunbucks Cafe - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+---- Forum: Watering Holes (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=149)
+---- Thread: Sunbucks Cafe (/showthread.php?tid=7765)

Sunbucks Cafe - Drakaisyl - 01-21-2011

"Nice to meet you,Mr Jago" Imphy said and looked around a bit again,when Jess asked her again. "No,I usually don't drink much and as my flight instructor at the Academy always said: Don't take a meal before your Shift is over,the space doesn't need any food or drinks so it would be a waste if you are shot down and all the good food and drinks will remain in Space." Imphy answered and shruged a bit,when she saw the wired faces of her talking partners."Where are you both from ?" Imphy asked the two.

Sunbucks Cafe - Widow - 01-21-2011

"heh, has a point really I guess." before taking her coffee the waitress had finally bought over, "Thanks" she said to her. "Personally, I need my coffee.. hate the taste, but keeps me awake." Jess shrugged, "Manhattan apparently." she responded to the question as to where she was from.

Sunbucks Cafe - Lee_Redfield - 01-22-2011

Chase Harlan walks casually through the doors of Sunbucks, doing his best to not look helpless or awkward or new. Immediately the smell of coffee, and good food fills his nostrils and he is happy he decided to go in, despite the lack of any rank on the collar of his neatly pressed LPI uniform.

Various officers of all ranks are sitting at tables and on stools in front of the bar, some chatting idly, others quietly eating or going over paperwork.

He nears the bar, and wishes for a cigarette. The last few patrols saw him floating back to a police base in an escape pod. Strings of messages were on his datacom back on his desk, many of them asking about the countless Liberators put out of action. Perhaps he was going to be demoted. Seeing as how low he was on the ladder already, that wouldn't possibly end well.

Finally the bartender is able to get to Chase, and he quietly orders a coffee. A stiff drink would've been better, he thought, but seeing as how he was about to go on for another patrol...

The coffee was warm and flavorful, and more importantly, comforting. Maybe this patrol would see him keep his ship intact.

Sunbucks Cafe - Widow - 01-22-2011

Jess glanced up, before taking a second look at the person who had just walked up to the bar not to far from where the group of three were standing, she smiled to herself, recognizing the same body language she had put into practice when she walked into the bar, like they were trying to belong. "You look like you need a cigarette..." Jess said offhandedly to Chase, glancing down to where a ranking badge should have been placed and shrugging "Don't know what the regulations with smoking here are.. or if you do actually smoke.. but there here if you want one " Jess said putting the packet and a lighter on the bar before turning her attention back to look at 'Jago, with a look fulled of questions.

Sunbucks Cafe - Lee_Redfield - 01-22-2011

Chase let a nervous laugh escape as he took the lighter and the pack of smokes. "Thank you very much." He opens the pack and takes a cigarette clumsily. "I don't normally smoke, but I think I'll start."

Chase paused for a moment, grateful for the welcome. "I don't think we've met, miss--?"

Sunbucks Cafe - Widow - 01-23-2011

"Bad habit, apparently" She grinned and took one for her self. "Don't blame you for starting, I had quit 'till I started here.." She offered one to 'Jago and Nimphy before putting them back in her pocket.

"Oh, Im Jess. Just Jess.. And you are?"

Sunbucks Cafe - Tomtomrawr - 01-24-2011

Sitting at his regular spot - a fixed table and bench combination designed for the larger customers - Officer Stevenson ate his box of donuts and slurped his soft drink through a straw in silence. He was contemplating on how best to perform his duties as a traffic cop. He took another bite out of his third donut, careful not to allow any jam filling to spill out. He'd had years of experience.

He was a large man, he admitted. But there was no room for change now. He was in his early forties, the junk food lifestyle was literally a part of him. He'd tried the gym once, but found the muscly men surrounding him to be intimidating. That'd been ten years ago.

He finished his third donut, took a slurp from his drink, and began his fourth. He groaned as he stretched his stumpy legs under the table and let his stomach expand to reach the edge of the table. He still had ten minutes until he was back on patrol.

Sunbucks Cafe - Altejago - 01-25-2011

As Jess waved the cigarette pack between the trio at the bar, Jago politely refused, "You really don't remember, huh?"

The questioning look upon Jess' face was daunting, and he thought to himself 'Could this woman really not remember me?'

He takes a moment to reflect on that fateful day, the day he thought he'd lost her forever. The pain, the grief....

It flooded back as the realization that what ever was between them was no more.

His moment of utter sadness was broken by a young, down-and-out pilot entering the room. As he uneasily made his way to the bar, the kindness that was in Jess was still apparent. 'This woman may not remember me, but she is still the same warm-hearted person she always was' he thought again to himself.

He excused himself, with intent on heading back to his quarters when he noticed a fat traffic officer munching away on his daily intake, sugary donuts and really sugary softdrink. "Hey, you were the LTP that chased that sod to Cortez and caught him?" He questioned, nodding in Officer Stevensons direction

Sunbucks Cafe - Widow - 01-25-2011

"I'm sorry.." Jess shook her head, "I really don't... well, I remember flight school.. and you being there.. but.. I really can't.." She put on a slight smile and wiped a tear away, again, hoping no one had noticed, before turning her attention to a scuff mark on the ground as 'Jago left.

Sunbucks Cafe - Drakaisyl - 01-25-2011

Imphy listend to the dialogue between Jess and the guy.It looked for her,as they know each other."If you excuse me shortly" Imphy said and walked to a edge of the Cafe where only a few people were sitting.She took a fast view to the persons around her and as she was sure,noone would show any interest on her,she took out her Com Unit and typed in a special Number.After the connecktion was made,she spoke for around 8 to 10 Minutes.After the call she put the Com unit away again and went to the both again. "What classes were oyu both in on the Flight Academy?" Imphy wanted to know,trying to remember if Jess or the guy was in her class or made the graduation in the same year.