Discovery Gaming Community
Sunbucks Cafe - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+---- Forum: Watering Holes (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=149)
+---- Thread: Sunbucks Cafe (/showthread.php?tid=7765)

RE: Sunbucks Cafe - NebulaCloud - 10-08-2012

Carina watched his face, noticing his faraway expression as his voice somewhat trailed off. She wasn't sure if he even realised it, but for a second he appeared to be looking through her as if she didn't exist. She gnawed slightly on the corner of her lip pensively. There was something her fellow recruit wasn't sharing, but she didn't feel it was her place to pry it out of him. His business was his own, as was hers; some things just weren't suitable for idle conversation. They'd only just formally met, anyway. "Yeah," she said half-consciously. An awkward pause hovered over them for a few seconds as they sat there staring off into space.

Her legs tensed for a brief instant as she prepared to down the last of her coffee and say her farewell to escape, but she then remembered she had nowhere else to be at the moment. Her ship wouldn't be anywhere near ready yet. Where would she go? The station wasn't that big. Almost immediately she relaxed back into her seat again and tapped her finger absently on the side of her mug.

She cleared her throat quietly. "They make any mention to you who you'd be assigned to on patrol yet?" she asked.

RE: Sunbucks Cafe - TBone - 10-09-2012

Recognizing that he was being slightly rude and off-putting he snapped back to the conversation. Now was not the time to dwell on the past.

"No they haven't yet. I'm kind of under the impression that we are on our own for the time being until we are further contacted. At least that's the way I'm going to approach it! The only way to learn is by getting up there and doing something, right? Have you heard anything? If anything else, you and I could go out and patrol together."

RE: Sunbucks Cafe - NebulaCloud - 10-09-2012

"Heh, I like how you think," she replied with another of her little smirks. "I bet some of the brass will get their panties ruffled, but hey, if they wanted somethin' specific out of us they'da said something, right? How long before your ship is out of the bay?"

RE: Sunbucks Cafe - TBone - 10-09-2012

"Yeah that's kind of what I was thinking. Not our fault, right? My ship is done and ready to go. Ready when you are!" he replied.

RE: Sunbucks Cafe - NebulaCloud - 10-11-2012

"As far as I know, they just have a few more preflight checks to make," she replied, finishing her cup. With a cursory glance around the room, she looked back at him with a mischievous little grin. "Guess we oughta go have a shakedown run, huh?"

RE: Sunbucks Cafe - TBone - 10-12-2012

It seemed as if Carina was on the same wavelength as Bonesteel was.

He raised his cup and said, "Where there's money to be made," and winked.

RE: Sunbucks Cafe - Evo - 01-26-2013

**Michael Rivers casually steps into the cafe, strides over to one of the booths wearing his most excellent red leather hee-- wait, wrong outfit. Wearing his stylish yet laid back signature off-duty loafers and nothing else. Oh, and a shirt and some pants.**

**He sits down, calls over to one of the waiters/waitresses and asks politely for a raspberry jelly filled powdered donut and the strongest coffee they have.**

"Aaaahhhh, paperwork. Most dangerous part of the job, I must say." He shakes his head in dismay, continuing talking to himself. "Damn paper cuts will be the death of me, I swear it."

RE: Sunbucks Cafe - t0l - 02-08-2013

-Tal quietly sulks in, before sitting down. He orders a latte.-
"You know, when I signed up for this job at the LPI, I thought I'd be signing up for a simple pirate turkey shoot. But it wasn't that easy. In my first few days of service, I've encountered everything from Rhineland invasion fleets to rogue Liberty Assault Carriers. Geez, it's nothing like they say it is."
-He drinks his latte before rubbing his face in his hands.-
"Well, it isn't that bad. I get discounts on coffee and doughnuts, I suppose. Well, gotta submit this next report."

RE: Sunbucks Cafe - xXCecOXx - 02-08-2013

Officer Jacob Shattuck entered the smelly ole Sunbucks for the first time

"well since im in here might as well get a drink or two"

He turned to the left where the LPI officers were, took a seat and ordered a coffee and a drink.

The bartender asked, "No alchohol today sir?"

Jacob responded, "No sir I am on duty."

All of the sudden a voice popped out of nowhere

"YOUR ON DUTY MAGGOT, GET BACK TO YOU SHIP!"

Jacob quickly got up, tripping over stools.

RE: Sunbucks Cafe - Fifty. - 02-08-2013

Lieutenant Aryn stood at the entrance and watched as the recruit tripped over on his way to the patrol ship. He smiled and took his place at the bar.
- Liberty ale this time. Duty's over.
Aryn looked at the dirty mug for a while a took a strong sip.