Discovery Gaming Community
Traders destroying their cargo when pirated - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Traders destroying their cargo when pirated (/showthread.php?tid=77744)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Traders destroying their cargo when pirated - Lucky Luke - 04-08-2012

I've done some pirating for goods the last few days, and when I've demanded cargo from the trader, they've dropped it and destroyed it before it could be tractored in. Pirates have limited possibilities to trade, and would normally supply their own bases by stealing other traders goods. But with this happening all the time, I don't see how pirates can sustain their own bases without using lawful chars OoRPly. Since pirates need to make a demand before shooting a trader, and the trader complies by dropping, you can't shoot him. Is the solution to demand an amount that is so high, that the trader will refuse, and you therefore get a reason to pop him? Sounds wrong to me!

Destroying the cargo would also make sense InRP, so blaming it on lolwut-indies doesn't work here. How do we deal with this? Are we to stop making demands for goods or what?

Traders destroying their cargo when pirated - lw'nafh - 04-08-2012

' Wrote:I've done some pirating for goods the last few days, and when I've demanded cargo from the trader, they've dropped it and destroyed it before it could be tractored in. Pirates have limited possibilities to trade, and would normally supply their own bases by stealing other traders goods. But with this happening all the time, I don't see how pirates can sustain their own bases without using lawful chars OoRPly. Since pirates need to make a demand before shooting a trader, and the trader complies by dropping, you can't shoot him. Is the solution to demand an amount that is so high, that the trader will refuse, and you therefore get a reason to pop him? Sounds wrong to me!

Destroying the cargo would also make sense InRP, so blaming it on lolwut-indies doesn't work here. How do we deal with this? Are we to stop making demands for goods or what?

You're kinda wrong here.

If he destroyed the cargo, you're perfectly within your rights to blow him up.

The aim of piracy is to /take/ said cargo or credits, if he denies you the ability to take it, then he's failed to meet the demand.

PS: High demands beyond reason are a rules violation. I got sanctioned for it.

Traders destroying their cargo when pirated - sindroms - 04-08-2012

Make sure you tell them that if they try anything funny, you will destroy them. Simple as that. Most traders Ive met thought that by complying to the rule and dropping their cargo, they will be safe from my guns and abused that rule by destroying the cargo afterwards.

Let them know that they know what the consequences are.

Traders destroying their cargo when pirated - dodike - 04-08-2012

You need watch carefully and tractor it before it is destroyed. Switching scanner in the loot mode helps.

And yes, if they destroy the cargo, you can shoot them.

Traders destroying their cargo when pirated - dodike - 04-08-2012

' Wrote:PS: High demands beyond reason are a rules violation. I got sanctioned for it.
It's hard to get over the top when pirating cargo. You would really need to ask for more cargo than the trader is carrying.

Traders destroying their cargo when pirated - lw'nafh - 04-08-2012

' Wrote:It's hard to get over the top when pirating cargo. You would really need to ask for more cargo than the trader is carrying.
Yeah. Generally I'd ask for it all, take what I could hold and give them what was left.

Traders destroying their cargo when pirated - Zapp - 04-08-2012

Ask for him to open a trade with you and hand over as much cargo as you can carry?

Traders destroying their cargo when pirated - Narcotic - 04-08-2012

I've done that several times, too.

But I always RP'd it nicely. And I used the mess (when lawfuls arrive), as my advantage. So I drop and shoot my cargo, without the pirates notice it.

And most of them let me go then, without killing me. Since they don't know who actually shoot the cargo.

Success.

I never got shoot yet, when doing that. Works for me.

Traders destroying their cargo when pirated - Jack_Henderson - 04-08-2012

Demand reasonable amounts.

If a GB with < 100 units demands me to drop 4000 units I fight and destroy my cargo.

If a small transport demands 1000 units of my 4000, I might give it to him.

If he demands 500 units, I give it to him for sure.

Greedy pirates get a blue message but nothing else.
Not greedy pirates get rp and money/cargo.

Traders destroying their cargo when pirated - gafwmn - 04-08-2012

' Wrote:Demand reasonable amounts.

If a GB with < 100 units demands me to drop 4000 units I fight and destroy my cargo.

If a small transport demands 1000 units of my 4000, I might give it to him.

If he demands 500 units, I give it to him for sure.

Greedy pirates get a blue message but nothing else.
Not greedy pirates get rp and money/cargo.

That's how it is......rp well for better loot.....rp poorly,and you may get nothing,maybe not even the precious blue message.