Discovery Gaming Community
Server notice - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Server notice (/showthread.php?tid=77812)

Pages: 1 2

Server notice - Data Minion - 04-09-2012

So god damn annoying

It can't be me. It just can't be me. I'm running a 4mbps DSL connection, so the reason leads to the server. What's going on? I can't even dock on a base if I don't wait for approx. 3 minutes...

Yes, I know there's already been a thread about this, but devs/admins/mods need to know. One more thing: The server had around 190 players at that time...

Please fix this ASAP. Cheers!

Server notice - Knucklehead - 04-12-2012

It could also be any number of things between you and the server. Maybe one or more of the possible routes the data can take is having problems, like a major router going wonky. While Serbia is much closer to the server than I am, there are still a number of hops the data must make before it gets to and from your computer.

Also, check to see if anything on your end (i.e. between the modem and the PC, or anywhere else on that side of the modem) is getting flaky or is taking up too much bandwidth, such as someone downloading or streaming something.

Another thing to consider, if it really is the server acting up, remember that we are still in beta mode and they are working to iron out all the remaining issues, which includes server trouble. It will get fixed, it's just a matter of being patient.

Server notice - Jimothy - 04-12-2012

Hang on, that ping/fluct/loss/lag is nothing to complain about compared to what a good number of people here get.

I myself rarely see a ping under 300...

Server notice - Narcotic - 04-12-2012

Hm.

I'm always having a ping of ~60ms.
But isn't the server even located at Frankfurt?!

However, I'm still experiencing high loss/lag anyways, although my connection seems to be fine.
And yes, especially chat delays can be deadly inRP.:P

Server notice - Mickk - 04-12-2012

' Wrote:Hang on, that ping/fluct/loss/lag is nothing to complain about compared to what a good number of people here get.

I myself rarely see a ping under 300...

Same, I'd LOVE to have a ping under 300, but that isn't going to happen any time soon.....:sleep:

Server notice - Altejago - 04-12-2012

Hah!

That sounds strangely familiar to this thing we got down here in Oceania... ANZLAG!

I once got 292ms ping two weeks ago. I bought beer to celebrate. It usually sits between 310~330ms

Server notice - Narcotic - 04-12-2012

Did I ever mentioned, that I love my timezone AND location?:P

@Mickk: Congratz to your 1000. post!:D

Server notice - Mickk - 04-12-2012

' Wrote:Hah!

That sounds strangely familiar to this thing we got down here in Oceania... ANZLAG!

I once got 292ms ping two weeks ago. I bought beer to celebrate. It usually sits between 310~330ms

Yup, that's what it is.

I'm in Perth, Australia, so despite having a pretty fast connection, I'm lucky to get under 400 ms most days.

Server notice - Altejago - 04-12-2012

' Wrote:Yup, that's what it is.

I'm in Perth, Australia, so despite having a pretty fast connection, I'm lucky to get under 400 ms most days.

:unsure:

Wth? I'm on that tiny group of islands on Aussies backside.... and I get better ping? :ylove:

Server notice - Veygaar - 04-12-2012

I haven't had bad continuous lag at all. Not sure what people are talking about...