Discovery Gaming Community
To the LL-Pennybrooke - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To the LL-Pennybrooke (/showthread.php?tid=78003)

To the LL-Pennybrooke - Bretonian Intelligence Service - 04-12-2012

[Image: bistransopen2.png]

[font=Courier New]Message Starts.

[color=#FFFFFF][font=Courier New]Subject.

[color=#000000][font=Courier New]Information

[color=#FFFFFF][font=Courier New]Comments.

[color=#000000][font=Courier New]Good Day Edwin,

I hear the Major had a word with yourself on some information gathering about some routes?

Now if these could be forwarded to this location it will be a great help indeed. You are making Bretonia proud.

As for your payment, we can offer you help whenever you may require it and credits. I hope this is sufficient.

Signed,
Lord Admiral J. Fairfax

[color=#000000][font=Courier New]Message Ends.

[Image: bistransclose2.png]

To the LL-Pennybrooke - Karst - 04-12-2012

-incoming transmission-
-source: LL-Pennybrooke-
-encryption: very high-

Greetings gentlemen. I've attached maps of the route as I flew it.

System 1
System 2
System 3
System 4
System 5
System 6
System 7

Be aware that this is of course a highly perilous route, especially due to Corsairs, but Hessians and independent pirates may be found as well. And of course there are the K'Hara, or Nomads, but they don't seem very aggressive or persistent.
Nonetheless, Delta is always worth the trip. It's a lovely, calm place.
And I'm very glad to hear your offer of help. We'll keep this quiet, but the day may come when I need it....
You're welcome to send the payment to the LL-Pennybrooke.
And if you need anything else that's unusual, I might well be able to lend a hand once more.

-Edwin Pennybrooke

-edit: nearly forgot a critical part of the route!
-end transmission-

To the LL-Pennybrooke - Bretonian Intelligence Service - 04-12-2012

[color=#000000][font=Courier New]Good Day Edwin,

I must thank you on behalf of the entire Intelligence Service for a brilliant job on this route. It's marvellous. If there is anything we can do for you in the future, do not hesitate to ask.

As for payment, we stand ready to assist you at a moments notice and I have wired some credits to your neural net account.

Signed,
Lord Admiral J. Fairfax

To the LL-Pennybrooke - Karst - 04-12-2012

-incoming transmission-
-source: LL-Pennybrooke-

Greetings once again. I thought of some things I would like to add.
First off, I've received the payment, many thanks.

Second, there is another region that I have some experience with that may be of interest....Gallia.
When traveling with the RV, our team managed to secure passage through the Gallic systems, and mapped them extensively. We never really lingered too long....it was obvious we were constantly moving on the edge of legality.
My sister Katherine is an excellent diplomat, and speaks decent Gallic, and we managed to evade too many questions during our brief stays in their spaceports.

I'd like to explain why I'm willing to offer information in this regard. I'm very much averse to war in general, and I do believe firmly that a diplomatic solution is needed in the conflict with Gallia.
However, with the current situation being what it is, Bretonia can use all the leverage it can get, if an agreeable peace is to be achieved.

In short, I'd be willing to share what information we have on Gallia, and possibly, upon agreement, undertake recon missions to Gallia, or other places.

To demonstrate my words, I've attached a map of the Sirius sector, including Gallia, uploaded from the RV-Pennybrooke's nav computer.

Map

Although I have no doubt this is obvious enough, I must again stress the importance that none of this conversation is released.

-Yours, Edwin Pennybrooke

PS: I do have less conspicuous ships than the Royal cruise liner.

-end transmission-

-resume transmission-

I was just passing through Inverness in a newly bought utility freighter, and found something very interesting, I've added some pictures for your viewing pleasure.

-Edwin out

View 1
View 2

-end transmission-

To the LL-Pennybrooke - Karst - 04-14-2012

-resending previous transmission-

To the LL-Pennybrooke - Bretonian Intelligence Service - 04-14-2012

[color=#000000][font=Courier New]Good Day Mr. Pennybrooke. Edwin,

What a pleasure it is to hear from you again. I didn't expect you to be contacting myself again over a matter quite like this... But then again I have been wrong before.

I have viewed the navigational log you sent me, my goodness that is one hell of a map. Systems even I did not know about are recorded there.

We would be honoured to have you perform recon missions within Gallic borders for us, seeing as my folks are having a slight bit of trouble getting in there since the Oxford St. returned. They are far more vigulant now...

What would you be requiring in return?

Signed,
Lord Admiral J. Fairfax

To the LL-Pennybrooke - Karst - 04-15-2012

-incoming transmission-
-source: unknown, 67% chance source is in Newcastle-

Greetings once more Admiral, first off thank you for your reply and confidence.

I've been flying around the Taus extensively to prepare my first of hopefully multiple reports.
Of course, I'm no military analyst so my strategic conclusions are those of a layman, I hope they will be helpful nonetheless.

Now, it's well known that there are two bottleneck systems with jumpholes protected by minefields leading into Gallia.
One is in Omicron-80, and although it's by far the lesser watched entrance, reaching that system involves a trip through Omicron Alpha and the Taus or far Omicrons - not very attractive options.

The relevant entrance for Bretonia lies in the Orkney system and leads to the so-called "Languedoc" system.
This much is common knowledge.

Now obviously entering Languedoc through the Orkney minefield is very problematic for unauthorized vessels due to there being only a single, narrow path.
Reaching Orkney itself however, is not as difficult. Considering all Gallic supply routes to the Bretonian front run through this system, the ability to strike here would be a great advantage.

Unfortunately, the Gallics have the sensible tendency to secure vital jump holes with defensive structures or battleships. I will attempt to analyze different routes and their benefits.

Although it seems like all eyes in the war are focused on the Leeds system, being the location of most hostilities, it is my opinion that Leeds is not as critical as is generally assumed. The most obvious route into Gallia, and the main Gallic supply route, goes along the tradelanes from Leeds over Tau-31 to Tau-23 and the Orkney jump hole located within via the new jump gate.

Obviously, this route is not an option if a stealthy approach is required.

More realistic are approaches through Edinburgh. I suspect the Royal Navy struck at Edinburgh with such force because they realized the importance of the system. Since the jump gate to Leeds is guarded by the battleship Villeneuve, the most obvious route is out. There is, of course, a jump hole near LD-14 leading to Edinburgh, but this leads very close to a Gaian asteroid base.
The best way to strike in Edinburgh is, I suppose, via the Jump hole from Dundee. Strikes could be coordinated from Dunblane station on the other side. Speaking of Dunblane, I cannot overstress the importance of this location. It's literally just a few k from the front line. Since the Villeneuve is stationed to guard the Leeds jump gate, it could potentially be cut off from supplies and an escape path by a coordinated attack out of Dunblane.

Now, Edinburgh is critical mainly because of the presence of a jump hole to Lewis. Unfortunately, the jump hole from Edinburgh in Lewis is guarded closely by yet another GRN battleship, the Betheny.
But unfortunately, to the best of my knowledge there isn't a single route to Orkney that doesn't directly pass a GRN installation.
Edinburgh could also be used to move units into Tau-31 unnoticed, from Dublin. That route I would consider very safe from Gallic attacks.
Lewis has a jump hole directly to Orkney, but the other side is guarded by a GRN installation called Fort Albi.
However, there is also a jump hole to a very remote and little-known system called Faroe, which is controlled by the Gaians. The jump hole from Faroe is the only way into Orkney that isn't immediately guarded by the Navy.

A better approach altogether however might be from the northern side. The Gallic revolutionary faction called the Council, well known for being responsible for opening the minefields and thus revealing the existence of Gallia was forcibly expelled from Gallia by the Royalists and took refuge in a system in the Taus they named "Roussillon".

Now, I don't know the Crown's exact relations with the Council, if indeed there are any. They're understandably very protective of their new home, having just lost their old one. But Roussillon may prove to be a critical system in this conflict, as it is connected directly to Bretonia via Newcastle, and to the Gallic end of Tau-29.
If the Council is willing to cooperate with Bretonia against our common enemy here, this may well be the best approach. If a forward observation or supply outpost is to be constructed closer to Gallic space, this would be the best location, possibly in the region of the planet known as "Argeles", as this region is hardly ever visited by pilots while still being close to the front.
It should be said that both the Newcastle and the Tau-29 jump holes in this system are guarded, Gallic-style, by dense minefields. I have marked the way through both minefields, but these are approximate paths only and great care should be taken.

This report is already longer than I intended, so I'll leave it at that for now. In the next one, I'll describe possible routes once in Gallia.

These are my strategic maps; I've marked areas of Gallic control in blue, Outcasts in orange and Kusari in yellow where applicable, and the red paths are possible routes for Bretonian forces. I hope this is of some use.

Edinburgh
Tau-31
Tau-29
Tau-23
Lewis
Faroe
Roussillon
Orkney

As for rewards....I suppose what I'm looking at most is getting docking bays installed in my liner. I have no idea of the feasibility of this, but it isn't that important. I am, after all, mainly doing this out of a sense of civic duty.
As always, if you consider a monetary reward adequate, the liner's account is open.

-Edwin Pennybrooke out

-end transmission-

To the LL-Pennybrooke - Bretonian Intelligence Service - 04-18-2012

[color=#000000][font=Courier New]Good Day Mr. Pennybrooke. Edwin,

Well as always, a pleasure to be talking to you once again.

I am quite surprised as to the amount of information you have. I will certainly be sending out vessels to examine the second Gallic entrance. A great find indeed! As always I must thank you for this, it requires a lot of your time but if we do win the war, it will have been well worth it!

Payment will be directed to you shortly.

Signed,
Lord Admiral J. Fairfax