Discovery Gaming Community
To: LNS Omaha - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To: LNS Omaha (/showthread.php?tid=78132)

To: LNS Omaha - Jihadjoe - 04-13-2012

****INCOMING TRANSMISSION****

COMM ID: [color=#99FFFF]Fleet Admiral David Hale
TARGET ID: LNS-Omaha
SUBJECT: Explanation
ENCRYPTION: Medium
PRIORITY: Medium

Hale here.

Good evening Captain. I am contacting you about the incident that occured recently in Manhattan orbit. I would like to know your reasoning behind your actions and words, particularly considering the conversation we had earlier with regards to proper behaviour.

I have been forwarded the chatlogs, and will intersperse the sequence of events with these communication logs.

As I understand, the events are as follows:
  • An Outcast by the callsign 'Dusty' was flying around Manhattan space. Mr Ian Johnson acted in accordance with standard proceedure, and made an effort at removing the outcast.
Quote:[13.04.2012 20:29:08] Dusty: s u
[13.04.2012 20:29:11] Ian.Johnson: What the hell....hmpf...stop it already...I am getting a...headache of all that!
[13.04.2012 20:29:18] Ian.Johnson: Outcast.
[13.04.2012 20:29:22] Dusty: yes
[13.04.2012 20:29:23] Ian.Johnson: YOu are not welcome here.
  • The LNS Omaha (your vessel) told Ian Johnson to back off. Johnson expressed his surprise at your request. You attempted to justify your request by saying the Outcast was a "newbie". Mr Johnson persisted with removing the outcast, as per standard operating proceedure.
Quote:[13.04.2012 20:29:29] LNS-Omaha: Ian back off
[13.04.2012 20:29:31] Dusty: i waas till u apeared
[13.04.2012 20:29:41] Ian.Johnson: Pardon?
[13.04.2012 20:29:46] Ian.Johnson: Are you sick?
[13.04.2012 20:29:54] Dusty: do u see me doing bad things?
[13.04.2012 20:29:56] Ian.Johnson: Outcast. I tell you...move away.
[13.04.2012 20:30:00] Heidi.Corefall: Now... Lets just stay calm. Theres no need to lose the civilty... tright?
[13.04.2012 20:30:02] LNS-Omaha: Hes a newbie so dont start anything
[13.04.2012 20:30:07] Ian.Johnson: You are a part of an illegal group.
  • Johnson began to believe you were protecting the Outcast. Your calls to protect the Outcast were joined by the bounty hunter named Hiedi Corefall, attempting to persuade Johnson that the outcast was "alright" where he was.
Quote:[13.04.2012 20:30:31] Dusty: Ian we make it one on one?
[13.04.2012 20:30:31] LNS-Omaha: Ian, enough
[13.04.2012 20:30:41] Ian.Johnson: You protect that scum?
[13.04.2012 20:30:45] Heidi.Corefall: Ian, back off. He's alright here...
[13.04.2012 20:30:45] Ian.Johnson: Right....no...
[13.04.2012 20:30:50] Ian.Johnson: Really?
  • The Bounty Hunter then issued a threat to Mr Johnson's life. Rather than supporting Mr Johnson, you appear to have taken the side of the Bounty Hunter.
Quote:[13.04.2012 20:31:32] Heidi.Corefall: Listen up, flyboy. I've had no problem in the past splashign navy, and I'll do it again if you cause trouble.. we clear?
[13.04.2012 20:31:34] Ian.Johnson: Since when is the Navy interested in-....friends.
[13.04.2012 20:31:44] Ian.Johnson: Riiight.
[13.04.2012 20:31:49] Ian.Johnson: There you go.
[13.04.2012 20:32:01] Ian.Johnson: Now leave.
[13.04.2012 20:32:06] LNS-Omaha: Ian, that was not helpful
[13.04.2012 20:32:20] Ian.Johnson: Shut the frack up already.
[13.04.2012 20:32:27] Heidi.Corefall: Overzealous navy flyboys... People wonder why I enjoyed gutting them...
  • Mr Johnson understandably questioned this comment by the hunter. During this exchange you implied you would not assist, in case Outcast battleships joined in. There were no outcast battleships present, nor was there any indication Outcast battleship could have arrived. At the end of the next exchange the hunter asked someone to place a bounty on Mr Johnson's head. This is an illegal action by the hunter. One which you appear to have not objected to.
Quote:[13.04.2012 20:32:27] LNS-Omaha: You talking to me pilot?
[13.04.2012 20:32:32] Ian.Johnson: You are cooperating with criminals.
[13.04.2012 20:32:39] LNS-Omaha: Im stopping a fight
[13.04.2012 20:32:51] Ian.Johnson: Riiight. Whatever.
[13.04.2012 20:32:52] Ashley.Sunderland: How about you just let the guy do his job, if it wants it done so badly?
[13.04.2012 20:32:58] Ian.Johnson: And you are afraid of his friends?
[13.04.2012 20:32:59] LNS-Omaha: Right fine
[13.04.2012 20:33:00] Heidi.Corefall: Someone put a bounty on his head... Somebody do this right now.
[13.04.2012 20:33:16] LNS-Omaha: When those OC Battleships come after you i aint helping

Now, in this situation, you should have done the following:
  • Allowed Mr Johnson to remove the Outcast. Outcasts are a threat to our national security. By allowing the Outcast to stay, you were acting in a fashion contrary to standard proceedure. There was no reason for you to act in a fashion contrary to standard proceedure.
  • Assisted in detaining the Bounty Hunter, after the Hunter made a threat towards Mr Johnson's life. The Hunter broke the law.

You will explain to me why you acted in the fashion you did. You will explain why you did not allow Johnson to remove the outcast.
You will explain why you apparently protected the outcast, despite the fact outcasts are considered hostile.
You will explain why you did not act in responce to the bounty hunter's hostile intent towards Mr Johnson.

Hale out.

[font=agency fb]****TRANSMISSION TERMINATED****

To: LNS Omaha - Jihadjoe - 04-14-2012

****RETRANSMITTING****

To: LNS Omaha - Explorer487 - 04-15-2012

' Wrote:

Hale here.

Good evening Captain. I am contacting you about the incident that occured recently in Manhattan orbit. I would like to know your reasoning behind your actions and words, particularly considering the conversation we had earlier with regards to proper behaviour.

I have been forwarded the chatlogs, and will intersperse the sequence of events with these communication logs.

As I understand, the events are as follows:
  • An Outcast by the callsign 'Dusty' was flying around Manhattan space. Mr Ian Johnson acted in accordance with standard proceedure, and made an effort at removing the outcast.
  • The LNS Omaha (your vessel) told Ian Johnson to back off. Johnson expressed his surprise at your request. You attempted to justify your request by saying the Outcast was a "newbie". Mr Johnson persisted with removing the outcast, as per standard operating proceedure.
  • Johnson began to believe you were protecting the Outcast. Your calls to protect the Outcast were joined by the bounty hunter named Hiedi Corefall, attempting to persuade Johnson that the outcast was "alright" where he was.
  • The Bounty Hunter then issued a threat to Mr Johnson's life. Rather than supporting Mr Johnson, you appear to have taken the side of the Bounty Hunter.
  • Mr Johnson understandably questioned this comment by the hunter. During this exchange you implied you would not assist, in case Outcast battleships joined in. There were no outcast battleships present, nor was there any indication Outcast battleship could have arrived. At the end of the next exchange the hunter asked someone to place a bounty on Mr Johnson's head. This is an illegal action by the hunter. One which you appear to have not objected to.
Now, in this situation, you should have done the following:
  • Allowed Mr Johnson to remove the Outcast. Outcasts are a threat to our national security. By allowing the Outcast to stay, you were acting in a fashion contrary to standard proceedure. There was no reason for you to act in a fashion contrary to standard proceedure.
  • Assisted in detaining the Bounty Hunter, after the Hunter made a threat towards Mr Johnson's life. The Hunter broke the law.

You will explain to me why you acted in the fashion you did. You will explain why you did not allow Johnson to remove the outcast.
You will explain why you apparently protected the outcast, despite the fact outcasts are considered hostile.
You will explain why you did not act in responce to the bounty hunter's hostile intent towards Mr Johnson.

Hale out.

Answers for your questions.

Firstly, i was being fair to the outcast and before Johnson decided to make things get out of hand, i was going to ask the outcast to leave, when i told him to back off was becase that outcast had a very powerful ship and didnt want to risk of an all out firefight between the two and someone getting hurt especialy civilians who were in the area at the time.

Secondly,i did not act on that threat to Ian as i did not see its relevence to me, my conversation ended with ian before that threat was made, i did not see a point in interfering as the hunter was already gearing up for fighting and a large Vessle interfering with a possible fight, i didnt say anything incase, again a fight broke out.

Thirdly, i was not protecting the outcast or take a side in the matter, i was again stopping a possible fight, with threat of a fight in a public place with many innocent people around, the answer to it in my view is to defuse it and keep things cool, going in shouting like johnson did is not the proceedure in my mind.

Leam Of the Omaha, Out

To: LNS Omaha - Jihadjoe - 04-15-2012

Hale here.

Good evening Captain.

The vessel in question was an Outcast gunship. a vessel frequently used for shooting at Libertonian citizens, and at our foriegn law abiding guests. That is a threat which MUST NOT be allowed to remain in Manhattan space. Mr Johnson's actions were entirely in the right, and you had no right to persuade him otherwise.

The fact the vessel is one you consider powerful is even more of a reason for it to be removed. Why did you think leaving the Outcast remain in Manhattan orbit was wise?

This is unacceptable. Threats to Manhattan space such as that Outcast cannot be allowed to remain there. and whether you choose to deal with it yourself or not, attempting to prevent other navy vessels from dealing with the issue is not only negligant, but directly counter to everything you should be doing.

Hale out.

To: LNS Omaha - Explorer487 - 04-16-2012

Omaha here,

First off, i was not a gunship i was a bomber, not a large threat but a threat i would rather have dealt with myself,

I might have been wrong in some terms however that does not justify his tone towards me at my request, i did not ask him in such a way to offend him or intimidate him, i did it as a warning that this outcast isnt one to go in shouting at, rather cool down the situation and remove the outcast safely without any fight or danger to the public.
The way i said it was to warn him and get my point acrose in few words, this is an offence to the fact i was trying to help, but again thrown in my face.

Regards.

To: LNS Omaha - Explorer487 - 04-16-2012

' Wrote:Omaha here,

First off, i was not a gunship i was a bomber, not a large threat but a threat i would rather have dealt with myself,

I might have been wrong in some terms however that does not justify his tone towards me at my request, i did not ask him in such a way to offend him or intimidate him, i did it as a warning that this outcast isnt one to go in shouting at, rather cool down the situation and remove the outcast safely without any fight or danger to the public.
The way i said it was to warn him and get my point acrose in few words, this is an offence to the fact i was trying to help, but again thrown in my face.

To add, this ship was a bomber not a gunship, however if it was a gunship i would have dealt with more force as procedure, but again my point still stands, shouting and using a agressive tone isnt the way i would have done it, and its an offence that you would say i would have allowed that outcast to stay THIS IS NOT THE CASE
[color=#FF0000]

Regards.