Discovery Gaming Community
Admin help needed Jumping Drive cannot be unmounted - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Admin help needed Jumping Drive cannot be unmounted (/showthread.php?tid=78266)

Admin help needed Jumping Drive cannot be unmounted - Govedo13 - 04-15-2012

As it seems the Jumping Drive could not be unmounted- ship name is El.Llobregat
It should have enough space for the drive- I also stripped all of the equipment and it still was not able to un-mount. Please help.

Admin help needed Jumping Drive cannot be unmounted - AeternusDoleo - 04-16-2012

This can happen if your ship doesn't have at least twice the cargo space that the jumpdrive takes. In which case it will be glued to the ship permanently. At the moment I'm not sure if this is "as intended" or a bug, so I'm not sure if we'll be fixing this. If you need to clear it you can always sell it to a base.

Admin help needed Jumping Drive cannot be unmounted - Lusitano - 04-16-2012

' Wrote:This can happen if your ship doesn't have at least twice the cargo space that the jumpdrive takes. In which case it will be glued to the ship permanently. At the moment I'm not sure if this is "as intended" or a bug, so I'm not sure if we'll be fixing this. If you need to clear it you can always sell it to a base.

I'm one of the interested that the device can be dismounted! I readed a lot about those devices but there still lot information missing, including that part that you need the double of the cargo hold just to dismounted one device. By the numbers that i saw on one post on the tutorials will be impossible to a BS, even the Nephilim to hold the 3 devices at the same time, so probalby what most will do is use the one they need at the moment. So if this is really intended ... i don't understand why!

The device that Govedo mentioned is a jump drive mk3, to use it well first must have the coordinates gave from a hyperspace scanner, and then use the jump drive to make a safe jump. For what i readed i can use first the scanner and take the coordinates that can be used for a limited time, and then use the hyper jump but for some ships ... i don't have room to both so it must dismount the scanner otherwise not even for the guns, shield and fuel i have room ! One Osiris, is what Govedo is using, have 1400 cargo hold and the jump drive mk3 takes 900, the hyperspace scanner mk2 takes 600 ... upss ... 1400 - 900 - 600 = -100 !!! This must be a bug! Sorry i can't believe that is intended!!

Admin help needed Jumping Drive cannot be unmounted - Reverend Del - 04-16-2012

You're not supposed to put the scanner on the same ship as the jump drive.

So yes
As intended

Admin help needed Jumping Drive cannot be unmounted - Lusitano - 04-16-2012

' Wrote:You're not supposed to put the scanner on the same ship as the jump drive.

So yes
As intended

So to make one single ship jump you need two ships? And they don't need to be online at time of course ...

Admin help needed Jumping Drive cannot be unmounted - Govedo13 - 04-16-2012

Wait a minute- I does not have scanner on the same ship, also never had one on that ship. It is definitely a bug- I does not have less cargo space or negative one. I cannot see how this with the doubled cargo space this is intended- there is no way to mount survey and jump drive on one battleship without removing the guns and shield of the ship, and even so if it was intended not to do so why battleships have more then one equipment slot?

It is just the drive that is not unmountable. Even on full stripped ship- it means the ship have nothing else except the drive- I removed all guns and CM and shield- it cannot be removed. So please unmount the damn thing. I definitely see it as bug.

' Wrote:This can happen if your ship doesn't have at least twice the cargo space that the jumpdrive takes. In which case it will be glued to the ship permanently. At the moment I'm not sure if this is "as intended" or a bug, so I'm not sure if we'll be fixing this. If you need to clear it you can always sell it to a base.
I already sold it to the base and bought it back on full stripped Osiris- it is definitely a bug not a feature- it get glued again.
Other thing is that no-one from the dev/admin team ever announced that you need twice the cargo space in order to unmount the device- I guess if you add such features it is better to inform the community first. If this is the case- the only way to remove the drive is to sell it with the ship or sell the drive to the base- then you must also say this first- because I used the ship to transport the drive to my customer- Lusitrano. Now I have not sellable commodity and my customer gots nothing. You kinda disable selling without using player base.

@
Lusitrano no you need one ship in order to jump and coordinates if you does not want to make blind jumps- you go to scan with other ship then the coordinates stay 30 days if you use mk2 or mk3 device if you use mk1 the coordinates stay 7 days, check there for more info:
http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=122532
this topic deserves pin.