Discovery Gaming Community
Collection of our stories. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: Collection of our stories. (/showthread.php?tid=78286)

Collection of our stories. - Khassym - 04-15-2012

I created this thread to recount our stories about ourselves and our escape from latium. I begin with my story.

The day the sky became red.

[Image: thedaytheskybecamered.jpg]

First the great glow in the sky, then there were enormous explosions and the first cities were destroyed. I was far away, with a group of my compatriots, when I saw my hometown become ruins and the flames devour it, while they raised to the sky, creating an enormous red glow. That red sky was spreading on every city destroyed, enlightening their debris.
I tried to contact any survivors, but communications were cut off, no one could have news of their loved ones and relatives. There was only one message repeated constantly, but that sooner or later it would stop, and that would be the end:'' Give up, do not resist, or we will kill any citizen of Lavinium.'' Evidently the first massive attack without warning , should let us know they weren't joking.
But before the Huns took control of communications, there was a message of hope, that saved our lives. A message encrypted, anonymous, but that warned us of the defeat of our fleet and the imminent assault of the Huns, and that there were some hidden bases containing some transports ready to leave for any eventuality and also it told us their coordinates.
It was our chance to escape and we had to do as our ancestors in Italy, to flee in order to build a new home. We did not know to whom belonged the message, nor why there were those bases, but we knew that we had no choice. When we arrived at the base, we met other groups from neighboring cities and we headed together inside the base. There was no one, only 3 cargo loads of food, consumer goods, and everything needed for the travel. We did not understand the reason of those ships, but who had the knowledge to use it took the lead of them and we headed toward the sky. The monitor signaled a route leading out from the colonies and we decided to follow it. We were even more amazed when we didn't find out of orbit any enemy ship waiting for us. But an instant later we saw far explosions in the space, while the route was leading to us in the opposite direction, away from the colonies and the Huns, towards the unknown universe. During the voyage we found a record in the control room that explained us everything. The remaining fleet of Latin praetorians, who had been entrusted the defense of us, since the foundation of the colony, had built some transports for the escape, to prevent what happened to our ancestors, if it would happened to us. With the news of the destruction of the Latin fleet, the praetorians regrouped theirself around the colonies and while the survivors tried to reach the bases they attacked the Hun ships to cover our escape. They sacrificed theirself for us, for our survival. In the following days, following the route, we met other convoys until we formed 20 transports, each with its own history and their loved ones, directed to an unknown path in search of a new home.