Discovery Gaming Community
Kishiro/Kusari and IDF Notice - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Kishiro/Kusari and IDF Notice (/showthread.php?tid=78849)

Pages: 1 2

Kishiro/Kusari and IDF Notice - TheOrangeButterfly - 04-24-2012

Effective immediately, to get the technicalities out of the way, John( Phoenix.Alpha ) is now the leader of IDF. Congrats, you earned it.

Now to the more complicated issue. Kishiro. When I took over last year it was a dying faction, yet month after month we somehow managed to stay afloat. Even got a warning once or twice but we still maintained our status. Well, the current membership and I took a vote. Ironically i'm going against that vote as it was taken 2 months ago. They voted to retain the faction status, activity went up to places it hadn't been in months. Then it plummeted again. Only about 20% of the people, not a majority, showed that they wanted to maintain the faction.

As of right now, I am dissolving Kishiro Technologies and giving up our official faction rights. To some of you this might seem like "Wtf why now." Well, coupled with a new job i've been busy with and a little less freetime... this doesn't feel like a game anymore. It's almost a requirement to login each day or you'll miss something important or some decision will be made that needs an instant response to. So i'm going to go back to simpler times, the times when I didn't lead any factions, at least for now. I'm going to enjoy disco for what it is, it's a game.

And one more thing, I searched for a new Kusari leader for a few months... though I couldn't really find one. The one I was hoping to hand it over to actually managed to lose my trust shortly before I was going to finally say "I'm done" with it all. Good luck to the new Kishiro and the new government head of Kusari. This chap has resigned and closed the current faction... admins if you could remove all of the faction stuff from that area that would be lovely, cheers everyone else. I'll still be around my other factions, cause you know, disco is still fun... it's just, I want it to be a game again.

Kishiro/Kusari and IDF Notice - Tigger - 04-24-2012

Having been part of the HC for both Kishiro and IDF, I support Timo's decision. It saddens me, but he's convinced me that it's the right thing to do.

Kishiro/Kusari and IDF Notice - Benjamin - 04-24-2012

Totally understand where you're coming from. Good call to nip it in the bud before it spoils the whole game for you.

Kishiro is a big school corp, I hope it can be reborn in a baller way.

Kishiro/Kusari and IDF Notice - JayDee Kasane - 04-24-2012

Too many Zoners around, so Its not surprising that old Corporations are not active. Many people prefer to join military factions to have more PvP. Myself is not a exeption. Most of my chars are pirates or Junkers. I dont like just trade around.

Kishiro/Kusari and IDF Notice - Snak5 - 04-24-2012

' Wrote:Too many Zoners around, so Its not surprising that old Corporations are not active. Many people prefer to join military factions to have more PvP. Myself is not a exeption. Most of my chars are pirates or Junkers. I dont like just trade around.
Trading factions are by far the most active at this particular moment. I find your statement absolutely wrong.

Also, sad to see it go... without paying me for wiki work :nono:

Kishiro/Kusari and IDF Notice - JayDee Kasane - 04-24-2012

' Wrote:Trading factions are by far the most active at this particular moment. I find your statement absolutely wrong.

when player bases available you mean? Sure, this brought moe activity to official cops. but before they were not so active. I maybe wrong, Im never sayed another. Again: most traders are indies, not officials

Kishiro/Kusari and IDF Notice - jammi - 04-24-2012

' Wrote:when player bases available you mean? Sure, this brought moe activity to official cops. but before they were not so active. I maybe wrong, Im never sayed another. Again: most traders are indies, not officials
activity_IMG.html 31.02:54:41
activity_Bowex).html 27.03:16:36
activity_Samura.html 24.15:08:43
activity_[IND].html 20.15:54:47
activity_IDF.html 13.09:45:34

There's currently more official corporate factions in the top 10 most active factions than military ones. I can also confirm that Bowex and the IMG both had more than 15 days of activity before bases were even released.

Myth = busted.

Kishiro/Kusari and IDF Notice - Benjamin - 04-24-2012

' Wrote:activity_IMG.html 31.02:54:41
activity_Bowex).html 27.03:16:36
activity_Samura.html 24.15:08:43
activity_[IND].html 20.15:54:47
activity_IDF.html 13.09:45:34

There's currently more official corporate factions in the top 10 most active factions than military ones. I can also confirm that Bowex and the IMG both had more than 15 days of activity before bases were even released.

Myth = busted.

To be fair, IMG aren't a corp, and bowex are just the outlier. IND got an activity warning last month (when molecular-sized cryer were 2nd most active corp;)). The current corp activity spike is definitely bases, and as I'm sure you're aware being a trader, the indies colossally outnumber the not. Wouldn't call that myth busted, really. But props for making Bowex that active regardless of bases.

Kishiro/Kusari and IDF Notice - JayDee Kasane - 04-25-2012

' Wrote:To be fair, IMG aren't a corp, and bowex are just the outlier. IND got an activity warning last month (when molecular-sized cryer were 2nd most active corp;)). The current corp activity spike is definitely bases, and as I'm sure you're aware being a trader, the indies colossally outnumber the not. Wouldn't call that myth busted, really. But props for making Bowex that active regardless of bases.

right as here was sayed. IMG| are trade/mining/small military faction. their activity are group usually. hard to see only one IMG| ship is player list
Bowex) is active one indeed and I want to send em kudos for that. you are more funny guys then most others when it comes to RP and piracy
IND are not Vanilla faction after all. and they became active recently to supply *stealth mod activated* base
Samura, IDF and others are also more activisated after update, I usually saw military ones
so no. myth not busted. cause its my myth and only I can bust it:P

Kishiro/Kusari and IDF Notice - Snak6 - 06-10-2012

I am interested in how Kishiro is still official if it was disbanded by the leader.

' Wrote:Name: Friday
Faction: Kishiro Technologies
Faction Tag: Kishiro|

Or is there something behind the curtains that community again is not made aware of.