Discovery Gaming Community
Server Connection? (Admin input please) - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Server Connection? (Admin input please) (/showthread.php?tid=7896)

Pages: 1 2

Server Connection? (Admin input please) - Atra - 04-19-2008

Maybe its just me, but im having lots of problems connecting.
I get in, make a character. now I come back to play and I can see the server anymore. this has happened with both my accounts (Laptop, and PC)

Is the server just having issues, or am i just doing something wrong?

Server Connection? (Admin input please) - sovereign - 04-19-2008

Server is having issues. Keep trying, you should be able to get through within 10 minutes. And if you can't, check server status thread.

Well I was playing fine, logged in and out a few times too.

Then the big crash earlier today, the Fellow Hoodlum said the server was fixed, but I see nothing in the list. Left the list up a few minutes, no change, started the game over a few times, still no server, posted in the server status thread and the post got erased, so Im guessing the server is up. I still see nothing in the list.

So what am I missing? I am using the Disco Shortcut, and Ive tried without it, and still nothing.

Its really aggravating, because both my accounts are like this, one PC one laptop. Im on the laptop in a diff state at the moment. Are my accounts being blocked, or banned? Am I missing something obvious here?

I love the disco server, and I barely get a chance to play cus of this.

EDIT: Something I noticed also is that when I get to the server list, it says at the top disconnected for global server, and i dont think it does that when i can actually see the server.

Am I being blacklisted? It would be nice to get some info from an admin or something. I cant even Ping the server, So its leading me to believe I've been banned without warning or anything...

Server Connection? (Admin input please) - Serval - 04-19-2008

heh, it took me over an hour to get through one system yesterday because of constant server crashes resetting me to the jump hole.

But you're in the game.

My issue is that all of a sudden I cant see the server AT ALL, even after playing for a few hours.

I just re-installed, tried a new key and everything, and still nothing, which is leading me to believe I've been IP banned. Again if an Admin could clue me in or something, at least confirm weather I'm banned or not. And if so, why?

Server Connection? (Admin input please) - GhostFace - 04-20-2008

Well if the server is not showing up then it has probably crashed, its not a big deal, it really simple...if the server is downed you can't see it, if its up you can see it.

Server Connection? (Admin input please) - Atra - 04-20-2008

Its been down all day? is it down ATM?
Fellow Hoodlum asured me it was up earlier, i mentioned this in my second post.

Well it was down for a while earlier, but for a couple of days now it has come and go..

Server Connection? (Admin input please) - Fellow Hoodlum - 04-20-2008

Admin input would be the use of speed mod on the server sir ... Care to explain all the entries in the logs ?
We have found the software to be entirely accurate so far, so looking forward to hearing your excuse ...

Hoodlum

oooo, now that would explain it.