Discovery Gaming Community
Fixing FPS drops/ Constantly low FPS - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Fixing FPS drops/ Constantly low FPS (/showthread.php?tid=79168)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Fixing FPS drops/ Constantly low FPS - Pancakes - 04-28-2012

Well, without further words I'll show you how to fix the FPS drop problem, as I was directed by Cannon.

First, you need to locate Freelancer.ini which can be found in the ...\Discovery Freelancer 4.86.0\EXE

As shown here:

[Image: helppic1.jpg]

Later, you go in the file, click "Ctrl+F" to quick search and type in the search box "hostname = gun.fllistserver.com"

Help picture:

[Image: helppic2.jpg]

After you've tracked down the line "hostname = gun.fllistserver.com" you add " ; " before it, or delete the line. As shown in here:

[Image: helppic3.jpg]

Hopefully that help you folks to get rid of them FPS drops.

Link to a functioning freelancer.ini - http://www38.zippyshare.com/v/52188239/file.html
[color=#FF0000]Note: When you use the freelancer.ini file from the link above make 100000% sure you put it in ...\Discovery Freelancer 4.86.0\EXE and not in ...\Freelancer\Exe.

If even after you've followed all of the steps you still get FPS lags - press ctrl+alt+delete and terminate the other freelancer.exe processes that are running in the background. If you've also done that and have FPS lags - problem is probably with your computer, PM me nevertheless.

Fixing FPS drops/ Constantly low FPS - sindroms - 04-28-2012

Nice, works. Pin please.

Fixing FPS drops/ Constantly low FPS - NOVA-5 - 04-28-2012

' Wrote:I disabled the gun server before the last server reset and it helped a little bit
but made worse when changing acc's with the FAM.:(
But after the server reset it's all back to the way it was; Great.:)
I've still got the gun server disabled!

Fixing FPS drops/ Constantly low FPS - Death.RunningVerminator - 04-28-2012

' Wrote:Yea everything under [ListServer] has three semicolons. Still no improvement.

And there's not even a 'hostname = gun.fllistserver.com' for me. It's this:

Quote:[ListServer]
;;;hostname = localhost ;Your local machine
;;;hostname = FLListServer2.dns.corp.microsoft.com ;GUN server in Austin
;;;hostname = 131.107.135.190 ;GUN server in Redmond
;;;hostname = fllistserver.zone.msn.com ;GUN server in Redmond (DNS entry)

You are sure you are looking at the right directory? The one of discovery 4.86, and not the freelancer one

As in: ...\Discovery Freelancer 4.86.0\EXE

and not in: ...\Freelancer\EXE ?

If you did it right, PM me in skype for the right freelancer.ini file since yours is simply the wrong one.

Fixing FPS drops/ Constantly low FPS - ryoken - 04-28-2012

Yup it does nothing. I added; even though it had 3 of them already. I deleted it, and still the same. The fix does not work. Only thing i found that works is exiting game, going task manager end process cause Freelancer.exe will still be running, and get back in. sometimes need to rinse and repeat a few times.

Fixing FPS drops/ Constantly low FPS - AshHill07 - 04-28-2012

Mine didn't even have 1 ; so I added a few. Seemed to work, didn't need to delete.

' Wrote:Yup it does nothing. I added; even though it had 3 of them already. I deleted it, and still the same. The fix does not work. Only thing i found that works is exiting game, going task manager end process cause Freelancer.exe will still be running, and get back in. sometimes need to rinse and repeat a few times.
That's anther issue - Freelancer.Exe get opened multiple times when you open it once. It's a much less common one though.

Although i'd appreciate if you could PM me your freelancer.ini , would help a lot.

' Wrote:Mine didn't even have 1 ; so I added a few. Seemed to work, didn't need to delete.

putting ; once is enough, as you can see in the pictures.

Fixing FPS drops/ Constantly low FPS - Dane Summers - 04-28-2012

Did not fix the problem for me

Fixing FPS drops/ Constantly low FPS - Werss™ - 04-29-2012

Amit, I can confirm... it works for me (but i've tested it only two times for now)
btw...
running on Win XP s.p. 2