Discovery Gaming Community
Hello, Nightstar here - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Introduce Yourself (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: Hello, Nightstar here (/showthread.php?tid=79368)

Pages: 1 2

Hello, Nightstar here - Nightstar221 - 05-01-2012

Hello Discovery Gaming Community,

INTRO:
Allow me to introduce myself. My username on many interactive sites and programs (such as Steam or email) is Nightstar. This name is an old one from my childhood, about 7-10 (I'm sixteen, which leads me to an upcoming point) and is therefore in no way related to the Marvel character or the Warriors Books character (If you read that any of that). I'm a very socially closed person, atleast on the internet. I don't like giving out personal information such as my real name or address or birthday.

EARLY FREELANCER LIFE:
I have played freelancer for a very long time, dating back to my first uses of the name Nightstar. (As a matter of fact, the name Nightstar originated from a fanfiction my older brother created in the Freelancer universe as, I'm guessing, was a start towards his career as an author) I played Freelancer with mods before and when I was younger I played a cool Freelancer Mod called Asgard. I was AWFUL at this game looking back now(given my age). My older bro even played it and trained me in the ways of Role Play. I also played World of Warcraft with him as well. I'm very adept in Role Play.

POST-ASGARD FREELANCER LIFE:
After I grew wiser I started being less social, paranoid of giving my info out to strangers. I didn't play mods much after Asgard and played Vanilla Freelancer Single Player for a VERY LONG TIME. Up until last week, I played Vanilla Freelancer Single Player for about 70+ hours plus a variable given deleted characters.

VANILLA FREELANCER EXPERIENCE:
I'm new to Discovery(and forums in general), but not to Freelancer. I have two primary characters on my Vanilla Freelancer, a Hero and a Corsair(all of which were gained fairly through game play and which I have timelines for...) My hero character flying an Eagle, which I see as the best VHF of Vanilla Freelancer, using Kraken Type IIs and Nomad Energy Blasters. My Corsair character flew a Titan, which used the best CODENAME weapons and Firekiss MKIIs. Obviously my Hero character would beat my Corsair character easily, but I always liked the Titan more for its power and Armor(health) and endurance(Shield Bats and Nanobots)

Now that you know a little about me and my freelancer experiences, I look forward to coming back into Freelancer Online, with this new mod that I see has breathed new life into Freelancer for me.

Hello, Nightstar here - Junes - 05-02-2012

You will soon notice that Eagles with nomad blasters and Titans with Firekisses won't bring you far in here, heh.

You might want to add me on Steam, I may be able to help you out on your first trips on the server. (Username is same as here.) Also, getting Skype is warmly recommended for playing here too, you might want to DL it asap if you haven't already.

Oh, and welcome aboard the train.

Hello, Nightstar here - onca - 05-02-2012

Welcome aboard, sir. That's the most comprehensive "hello" post I've ever seen... u got the job, lol.

Hello, Nightstar here - Fifty. - 05-02-2012

Welcome ! :yahoo:You sound as an excellent addition to our player database. Cheers!

Hello, Nightstar here - Username removed - 05-02-2012

Now THAT'S a welcome post, congratulations and welcome !

Hello, Nightstar here - Zynth - 05-02-2012

HOLY CRAP!!!

BATTLEZONE II!!!

HOLY CRAP HOLY CRAP HOLY CRAP!!! *SPAZZ*

You...you played Battlezone II AND you're the same age as me, brother.

Hello, Nightstar here - Vulkhard Muller - 05-02-2012

well ive been on the forums shortly and read most of the welcome posts ... and i only have One word for this (i hope no sanction follow this) In the word of Ron Simmons " *Pauses*............................*Yells loudly* DAMN!"

Welcome to the forums and the server

that will be all

thank you

Good Bye

*with a loud bang and a blinding flash he disappears*

Hello, Nightstar here - Nightstar221 - 05-03-2012

Wow, I expected a warm welcome, but nothing as warm as this. I just thought I would give a general note about my internet experience and then about my freelancer experiences. Was it really that detailed? Anyway, thanks!

' Wrote:You will soon notice that Eagles with nomad blasters and Titans with Firekisses won't bring you far in here, heh.

You might want to add me on Steam, I may be able to help you out on your first trips on the server. (Username is same as here.) Also, getting Skype is warmly recommended for playing here too, you might want to DL it asap if you haven't already.

Oh, and welcome aboard the train.

I thought as much, I never played against other players after Asgard. A 2.00 refire rate is a nice challenge against bots though. Thanks for the welcome, I'll be sure to find you on steam when I get the time.

' Wrote:HOLY CRAP!!!

BATTLEZONE II!!!

HOLY CRAP HOLY CRAP HOLY CRAP!!! *SPAZZ*

You...you played Battlezone II AND you're the same age as me, brother.

I was bad at it, at least in the campaign. I'm still bad at it. In instant action I use cheats, because the bot cheats. In case you didn't know, there is a small community that still update the game. They fixed some issues, added some nice features, smarter bots, better graphics, and even still run their own server. Just google bzforums and click the one with .matesfamily in it. Also, nice to see I fit the age group. I knew teenagers played it, but I expected 17, 18+. Thank you very much for the welcome.

Hello, Nightstar here - Tanker - 05-03-2012

Howdy man and welcome to Disco. I think you will fit right in with the reat of us. Though, age doesn't matter. Having the desire for roleplaying and freelancer does. The age of the players here is very diverse. It ranges from around 14-60.

Take care and see ya in space.

Tanker

Hello, Nightstar here - Zynth - 05-03-2012

' Wrote:I was bad at it, at least in the campaign. I'm still bad at it. In instant action I use cheats, because the bot cheats. In case you didn't know, there is a small community that still update the game. They fixed some issues, added some nice features, smarter bots, better graphics, and even still run their own server. Just google bzforums and click the one with .matesfamily in it. Also, nice to see I fit the age group. I knew teenagers played it, but I expected 17, 18+. Thank you very much for the welcome.

I know. I was on bzuniverse before it got shut down. After they shifted to .matesfamily, I quit in favour of 'Lancer.

I'm no vet either and I can't do **** like hover in 1.2, but I could hold my own in .mpi and some strats in 1.3pb-whatever. I used to go by the name "Scav-Avenger". lul.