Discovery Gaming Community
Agnus Dei| faction Feedback - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Unofficial Factions and Groups (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: Agnus Dei| faction Feedback (/showthread.php?tid=7946)

Pages: 1 2 3

Agnus Dei| faction Feedback - agnusdei - 04-21-2008

Quote:
[Image: agnusdeilotusuw4.jpg]

To be
We are a private army of former psychopaths under the command of private investors called the Inner Circle. We have taken our name from a failed project of rehabilitation of dangerous prisoners. Faith in Deus is our main strength. Without this faith, we are nothing.
We are the lambs of God. We are Agnus Dei.

To do

1) We fight against the Evil (Nomads, Wilds and nomad-infected humans) - Search and destroy
2) We fight against the Corrupted. Humans who are true evil characters read very good role-player such as criminal mastermind, murderers, bood thirsty terrorist (strict ID) - Search and destroy
3) We give our military support to House military against Evil or Corrupted fleet only if we have an alliance. We will never take side in a conflict between lawful Houses. We are all human after all.
4) We fight the corruption and any attempt from the Evil to corrupt souls. We define as corruption any unlawful actions that directly threaten human life or ones property. Terrorism, piracy, extortion, slavery are examples of corruption. We offer a chance of redemption and never engage but for self-defense. Words are stronger than guns.
5) We try to convert anyone wishing to do good in Sirius. We diffuse the Commandments of Deus. We work hard to reach the perfect state that brings us close to Him. The three cornestones of the Golden Path are : Perfection, Honesty, and Devotion.

This is the Inner Circle speaking on a public bulletin board.
We have the feeling that many people do not understand clearly what we are. Most may think Agnus Dei are just "crackpot clergymen". First of all, when you see an agnus Dei, some are in the religious Order and some in the Military Order, their functions determine their actions. Enlightened and Preacher are clergyman they do not fight they talk ; Templar and Crusader are not clergymen and use drugs to increase their combat skill, they do not preach they fight.

Marie is an Artifical Intelligence that contain all the informations, we, the Inner Circle put in her. She is the teacher for the Crusader, give missions, control their reaction, make them strong and fearless pilots by hypnotic suggestion. Marie is becoming a virtual entity, with almost her own thought. Could Deus bring her to life.
We need strong pilots. To resume in one sentence : we are lawful (good) militaries who are not trap and restrained by political plots, because it is what bring the war between us, allowed the Nomad to take advantage of it, and finally destroy the Sol System.

Thank you for your feedback.
The Inner Circle

//We have a lot of RP potential for our member, Remember we have two different orders for two different kind of RP. I know that a clan can exist only if it have strong ennemies. Keepers, Phantom and now Das Wilde are such a type.
We try to slowly increase our knowledge about Evil, to spread Deus word through a diplomatic process, and at the end we hope to found our "home" (to own a Sytem) if Agnus Dei survive. All the progression is in our Message Dump.

We try our best to advertise, but i don't understand why people are interested but do not dare to follow the path. Are we intimidating, are we looking crazy, are we so far from the main concern of most players ?

Agnus Dei| faction Feedback - Jinx - 04-21-2008

ah, only had one encounter with agnus dei so far ingame. - it was on cheshire - and the whole thing wasn t really too long. it was mostly the usual fanatic preaching hitting my BHGs pragmatic focus of money without much of a guilty conscienceness. - two different worlds colliding, - and ended up in me saying something like - i don t care much about what people believe in or how they look as long as i m payed.

this lack of religious determination might have hit the fanatic zealot, but at that time i jumped out of the system.

all in all, a nice and short RP, - but i haven t seen many of you guys around after that little thing. the description is OK and the RP was clear form the start - from my chars point of view - the agnus dei was a zealot who was preaching nonsense while being on the more "harmless" side of "funny folk" - so my BHG wouldn t mind him much. ( bit like junkers - they re funny but harmless from cheshires pov )

it was quickly clear that the agnus dei wanted to make a point about nomads and nomad tech, at which time my BHG told him that i don t care much for it, but the nomad equipment sells good, hence no responsibility from the BHG, as long as it makes plenty of cash... .

aside from my experience with agnus dei.... i m not sure if its a group phenomenon or big enough to become a faction.

the difference is that between a bunch of zealots that are rather harmless, or a church of fanatics that start to threaten the interests of other factions. ( at that time, they d become the focus of attention, even to the BHG )

edit: come to that - is agnus dei official allready? - i m not really up to date about factions i don t deal with regularly much.

Agnus Dei| faction Feedback - chopper - 04-21-2008

As far as I know it is already official.

My suggestion would be to focus on stopping cardamine smuggling trough regular Cardamine routes.
Inner circle, in my eyes, sees cardamine as a big evil thingy, which needs to be stopped.

Agnus Dei| faction Feedback - Oniros - 04-21-2008

//Surprisingly, we are an official faction, and i had to say thanks for that, because we can communicate on the forum and keep log.
You see us probably inside Liberty or at Shinkoku. It is quite impossible to preach in NY. I always ended a speech by "they are not ready to hear". So we constantly switch our sermons, sometime we use simple fanatic speechs, sometime we use the fear of Aliens, sometime the redemption theme, if we go further into a RP discussion, better to do that in group chat otherwise, we might spam the system chat - it is really hard to go into a metaphysical debate without boring 80% of the people//

The whole theme behind Agnus Dei is the change. Even Cheschire, one day, can suddenly found that there is something else that is awaiting her. We all do. Zelots... maybe the problem come from that. Should we come back to what we were before... let the anger, the desire drives us, to become what we should be : an engineered weapon ? My last fight was against three Scorpion gunboats. Let me tell you that we have resisted 1 minutes with our IMG gunboat and one Eagle. Crazy we are to sacrifice our life against such a threat, but we will as long as we can.

I don't know if we are a religion or if we have a church, not really in fact. But, when i think about that, i confess, starting from a bunch of funny harmless preachers, the Golden Path is our way to build a new religion around the superior entity called Deus. Faith has no form, faith is inside all of us taking an unusual form. The Golden Path bring the enlightenment, and this concept is closer to the individual self-improvement than a church guiding his faithful.

It is not the the start or the end that matter to us. The path is the in-between and all is about changing the personnality of a character, making his life the worthiest life he can have. Because it is the only one we have. If we hit the heart and mind then we can make people to change their view. I suddenly realise when i write this that is the main purpose of all expanding religion : to convert. It takes time, sometimes centuries. We succeed and we'll be a large faction, we fail to expand and we will stay crazy religious fanatics preaching in the desert. All-in-all it is our challenge.

Thanks Jinx, you made me think a lot about how we "sound like".

edit : the persephone came after a RP situation with the harvester see our message dump:)

Agnus Dei| faction Feedback - Oniros - 04-21-2008

' Wrote:As far as I know it is already official.

My suggestion would be to focus on stopping cardamine smuggling trough regular Cardamine routes.
Inner circle, in my eyes, sees cardamine as a big evil thingy, which needs to be stopped.

erf... we are junkies too... You're right the Inner Circle see the Cardamine as a real danger but for another reason : the members are investors, running assets and among us there is a doctor from Cryer pharmaceutical and she can see the Oucast like a threat because she is the one that give us access to our holy drug. But we refuse to act like Policemen. (Edit) I remember a transport convoy full of cardamine, 4 transports, we try to help the KSP to intercept. they managed to leave the Kusari space, and we warn the liberty forces, the "ReaperTradingInc" are, indeed, a real "Evil" group. But individual smuggler are not our main preoccupation.

However, we are strongly against the nomad transportation, the use and traffic of equipment related to them. The BPA ban nomad transportation is exactly what we think about nomad tech. It is dangerous, it might infect humans and must be destroyed. (And then again, Cryer work with the CRI.. so you might maybe see some kind of influence behind our actions)
I don't really remember if Artefact are supposed to be alien. i have a doubt about it.

Agnus Dei| faction Feedback - Treewyrm - 04-21-2008

I like 'em. Both in game and on forums. Haven't got many encounters but hope to see more in the future. Surprisingly I also find religious tone to be quite interesting, with careful approach it brings distinctive touch to the roleplay and gives fairly unique style within seemingly agnostic Freelancer universe.

p.s. Artifacts are alien, they either belong to Daam K'Vosh or to Nomads.

Agnus Dei| faction Feedback - pchwang - 04-21-2008

The best parts about Agnus Dei - in my eyes - is the fact that you have restricted yourself to fighters and have that terrific protocol before engaging in combat.

Agnus Dei| faction Feedback - sovereign - 04-24-2008

When I was tailing a Harvester in my Thor, it asked me to define humanity. A nearby Agnus Dei mentioned that 'humans are those that can believe'. Nice one there, look forward to future interaction.

Agnus Dei| faction Feedback - Kuraine - 04-29-2008

I haven't had any criticism about your RP really, and I have encountered one of your Agnus Dei pilots once in Hokkaido, although RP'ly the Golden Chrysanthemum were far from impressed by your antics.

On the one hand you preached about Marie, peace, love and respect to humanity, while on the other you said you were actively seeking a contract to assist the Kusari Navy in their space. Not only this, you were flying around Hokkaido destroying blood dragon and Golden Chrysanthemum fighters while doing so and engaging us in questions of our motives for fighting the Kusari regime and whether it was the right path, and then proceeded to attempt to engage a friendly whom we'd already told you to leave alone and forced us to engage you to protect our ally.

All good RP and rather fun, but you did not impress the Golden Chrysanthemum that day;)Your faction status has been moved to unfriendly in our diplomacy.

Quote:Artifacts are alien, they either belong to Daam K'Vosh or to Nomads.

As an aside, I'm sure there's room for more than just those two alien species in terms of ancient artifacts though, Treewyrm. After all, even if its just an alien species extinct for millennia and as such would play no active part in the freelancer universe any longer.

Agnus Dei| faction Feedback - Oniros - 05-14-2008

Hi

I'd like to thank the admins who trusted us and gave a chance to the Agnus Dei project.
We can no longer pretend to be an official faction as we haven't the 5 players required to stay alive.
Consider the Agnus Dei no longer as a player faction. If you meet an Enlightened expect nothing more than crazy speech from a clergyman under heavy drugs. To the Keepers, expect to fight against Hebron.

You can put Agnus Dei in SUSPENDED mode. Allow me first to copy all the posts we've made for posterity.

I'd like to say that the Inner Circle and Marie was all of us. We gave missions to ourself. The real masters of Agnus Dei were the Inner Circle, and the Inner Circle were us. I realised that most of you saw the Agnus Dei from the outside, and none of you were able to see the Agnus Dei from the inside as we did.
What we missed is the fact that we build the project, build our characters as a living process. While you were only able to see a final form : the crusaders mainly.
We were building the Agnus Dei as the Golden Path itself. We're walking on it, we didn't know the start and the end. All that matter was the in-between the birth and the death of our characters.

I regret that no new players join the Inner Circle. Trust me we had a lot of things to do.
To the RM, KNF, KSP and Bs leaders, i regret to not go further in our diplomatic relations.
To my french buddies, i like to say that i had a great time with you, and that was cool to RP in french:). I hope you will come back on the server and that i'd still be here.

*sensual female voice incoming*
To know that you exist, you must live with the others.
To live with the others, you must accept their own subjective views.
At the end, your reality which is no more that one among the other subjective realities,
will join with all the voices and form an unity
creating the reality as we know : a consensus.
*fainting voice to static sound...*

PS : i bet the community could feel much better if each one of us was able to color is own subjective view with all the other colors. We will see an rainbow instead of the black and white pictures of our own narcissistic view. The secret ? To listen.