Discovery Gaming Community
To: RPC Vatan - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To: RPC Vatan (/showthread.php?tid=79902)

To: RPC Vatan - Zapp - 05-09-2012

[font=Lucida Console][[Incoming Transmission]]
[[Comm ID: scrambled]]
[[Location: scrambled]]
[[Recipient: Gerald Lucas, RPC-Vatan]]

[[Message Body:]]

[color=#FF6666]We have what you seek. The Omicron sector is where you must search.

[color=#9999FF][font=Lucida Console][[:Message End]]

[[Warning: this Comm ID is no longer registered to the Liberty Navy]]
[[End Transmission]]

To: RPC Vatan - Miaou - 05-10-2012

[Image: GRPCommsGerald.png]

What I seek? I seek nothing than to serve my King and my house. I demand to know who this is before I send the ONI on your signal.

Directeur Gerald Lucas, Gallic Royal Police

[Image: grpendbar.png]

To: RPC Vatan - Zapp - 05-10-2012

[color=#FF6666]You feel it. We know of you. You will tell no one of this transmission, because you have a feeling, a twinge, a curiosity. And you've had this feeling for some time. This is a validation. What you're feeling isn't a flight of fancy or a hallucination. It is very real.

My name is Robert Foster. I have what you seek.

The answers to your questions, your doubts...

[[End Transmission]]

To: RPC Vatan - Miaou - 05-10-2012

[Image: GRPCommsGerald.png]

I won't say I believe you at all Monsieur, but it is my... Duty to listen to any information. If you truly wish to give answers and know about me already, then why? I... Can't just listen to you because you hit home on my thoughts. I should not.

Directeur Gerald Lucas, Gallic Royal Police

[Image: grpendbar.png]

To: RPC Vatan - Zapp - 05-10-2012

[color=#FF6666]There is an inherent truth, that humanity is slowly destroying itself. Suffice to say, there are some amongst humanity that shine forward as something more... open minds, ready to see the truth of Sirius and even Gallia, the truth that there is something greater.

Pardon me for sounding like a religious zealot, however it is not a religion I preach. It is a concept that takes time to explain. It is this concept that you feel at a 'gut' level, a concept that drives you to seek understanding.

Further detail will have to wait. It is taking much effort to transmit at this range, and as a result this channel is not as secure as I would wish. Be on guard, after you take the first steps towards discernment, it is not a path you can abandon.

[[End Transmission]]

Embedded within the text-only message is a thought. One word, invisible to Gerald Lucas, invisible to any programs that might scan it. It impresses itself on his subconscious though, as the AI that controls the ship and transmissions feels it fitting that the man seeking should have another hint.

"Tundra."

To: RPC Vatan - Lobster - 05-10-2012

<div align="right]//posted with zapp's permission

[Image: bdmdirector.png]

Somewhere inside a darkened room, a metalic clang was heard. The printer jumped to life, its buzzing and shirring giving birth to a freshly inked sheet of paper. As it landed on the desk it was attached too, the man in the chair leaned over, picking it up. After skimming over the contents, he swiftly rose without a sound, and made his way over to a more well lit desk. A stout, important looking man was sitting there, and with a nod of his head, he accepted the paper and read over it.

Quote:399UJFKSKNOIWJFLWMEFOWLWO2-IIJOFJ9FLKMFOWLKWFOIFNOWNW-WJIUFIU2LKJFKNLEKLFJNWLFKLJNOWFOOLKN2OOV2OFV0OMFA-FNEIREVIRUPNRU8IREY8BGRQOJN3FUOYOA893K3MNNDNHJDWOFUAFLaaann
ocation: scrambled]]

We have what you seek. The Omicron sector is where you must search.

[[:Message End]]

[[End Transmission]]

After reading, the stout man leaned over, looking to the assistant who has just delivered the message.

"Intercepted?"

The smaller man shifted, "Yes sir, off one of the relays in Sigma 17. The encryption was easy enough to break. Its an old Libertonian code."

The portly man peered up at the assistant. "Libertonian?"

"Yes sir. Its an outdated one. About a year old by my guess."

The larger man leaned back in his chair, his fingers raised to stroke his chin thoughtfully. "Outdated or not, Libertonians in our future lebensraum is something we cannot tolerate. It also means they have managed to slip through our scanner nets undetected. This is unacceptable. Dispatch Spezielle Abteilung Sieben to investigate."

"I will send the orders, Sir." The smaller man slinked back to his desk.

The darkness once again consumed the room.