Discovery Gaming Community
Should Light fighters be able to equip class 10s? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Discovery Mod Balance (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+---- Thread: Should Light fighters be able to equip class 10s? (/showthread.php?tid=80068)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Should Light fighters be able to equip class 10s? - ::Sirius:: - 05-11-2012

Just a quick poll really. I'm sure its been done before but I'd like to be able to see light fighters be able to equip a couple of class 10 weapons. Or..maybe even something akin to a class 9.5 weapon? I feel that, although fast, light fighters still dont pack enough punch.

If you feel simply giving them class 10 slots isnt good enough, maybe make some class 10 weapons specifically for LFs..shield busters maybe? Something to make them more useful as interceptors and vanguards of a larger fleet.

Feel free to brain dump here fellahs. :cool:

Should Light fighters be able to equip class 10s? - Govedo13 - 05-11-2012

No.

Should Light fighters be able to equip class 10s? - Ursus - 05-11-2012

No. LF doing a core dump with highly-efficient class-10 crusher weapons then run around recharging would be unbalanced.

I would favor it for missiles alone, but I would rather see class-9 missiles, so ... No.

Should Light fighters be able to equip class 10s? - Swallow - 05-11-2012

I`d say not even "no" but "no need";)
They are good even with class 8s

Should Light fighters be able to equip class 10s? - Mímir - 05-11-2012

I'd rather see the speed buffed. That would be ideal to my mind.

From a Pirate perspective I can do the same tasks in a freighter, but pack more of a punch and mount armor at the same time. And when only having to dodge fire from transport the size/agility is not that much of a drawback.

Should Light fighters be able to equip class 10s? - Hidamari - 05-11-2012

not really needed.

Should Light fighters be able to equip class 10s? - gafwmn - 05-11-2012

They have speed,they don't need class 10 code weapons.

Should Light fighters be able to equip class 10s? - Swallow - 05-11-2012

' Wrote:I'd rather see the speed buffed. That would be ideal to my mind.

From a Pirate perspective I can do the same tasks in a freighter, but pack more of a punch and mount armor at the same time. And when only having to dodge fire from transport the size/agility is not that much of a drawback.

I still think that LFs are great as they are now.
They are rare, because not many people feel themselves safe in such ships, not many people prefer to RPout or run from fight, afterall, not many people actually know how to fly them right (including me, I have to learn and learn). They are rare, that is why I love them. They are not Eagles and Sabres you see all the time and everywhere, they give you an opportunity to be different and time to time - dodge outnumbering forces and BE PROUD of that you actually SURVIVED afterall and returned home.
I want LFs to be the vessels of courages people, of madheads, who knows how to enjoy that type of ships, who knows how to enjoy that thrill you actually feel using it.
They are brilliant as they are, even if they still had 350 m\s cruise speed, I`d still love them.
Remember Ki? I miss that ship, that was actually only one import I really loved, in spite of its weak guns and ugly shape...Damn...

Should Light fighters be able to equip class 10s? - farmerman - 05-11-2012

I think there may be some that could use them. At least the ones that are big enough that they're kind of beyond "light".

On the other hand, a class 9 Paralyzer would be pretty useful for them instead (or in addition).

Should Light fighters be able to equip class 10s? - Lennox - 05-11-2012

Hmm...since the Liberator, for instance, in the hands of a good pilot is kind of very dangerous to anyone else, who would fight it, except for GBs and caps, it would be a bit odd if you would then support it more with Class 10 weaponry or something different.

Dunno if I can say they are fine as they are...but when I see a LF, I mostly think I won't make it. A "no" from me here as well.