Discovery Gaming Community
Is Connecticut needed? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Is Connecticut needed? (/showthread.php?tid=80345)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Is Connecticut needed? - Lucky Luke - 05-16-2012

For a long time now, I've seen the constant mass of players in Conn. The number of officially tagged ships in there is very high. Especially when you compare it to the rest of the server. I think it's ok to have a place where you can go and practice, but I don't think it's ok when I see players spending hours and hours in there. In my opinion, it's time that could be better spent doing other things. Since I get similar thoughts from other people too, I thought I'd ask the question straight up. Is Conn really necessary?

Is Connecticut needed? - Charos - 05-16-2012

Yet another thread about this. See the previous ones.

Is Connecticut needed? - Cond0r - 05-16-2012

no its not. I think it shouldnt exist, really. it takes up RP'er slots on the server.

Is Connecticut needed? - sprundermuff - 05-16-2012

Firstly, yes, too many spend too much time in Connecticut.

Secondly, I do not believe it has any effect on RP whatsoever.

That being said, thirdly, Connecticut should either be gotten rid of or changed back to how it used to be.

Connecticut has zero effect on RP because it does not exist within' Disco's RP, in a way.
BUT, Connecticut was created for PRACTICE, not basing your entire Disco gaming experience there. [Which is what most of the people there do: stay there.]

This is an RP server, not a PvP server, it has been for a very long time, and it will remain that way, hopefully.
But if it is to remain a "24/7 RP" server, it has to have rp in it 24/7 not pvp 24/6 and powertrading on saturday's.

Is Connecticut needed? - Ursus - 05-16-2012

I'd prefer to have a "test server" where people could play around, build ships with play money, test tactics, etc.

Is Connecticut needed? - Lennox - 05-16-2012

RP > PvP

At least it's like that for me. Though, if I look for a bit of action in FL I go to Conn if I can't find action somewhere else.

I say I don't care if Connecticut exists or not. If it wouldn't exist people will maybe RP more or just PvP more inRP. And well...yes. There are too many people in Connecticut, in my opinion...for an RP server that is.

Is Connecticut needed? - dodike - 05-16-2012

Does it work for equipment smuggling with the new command?

Is Connecticut needed? - Mímir - 05-16-2012

' Wrote:I'd prefer to have a "test server" where people could play around, build ships with play money, test tactics, etc.

+1

There needs to be a way for solo players to practice, but currently Conneticut is too full.

EDIT: You can bring equipment in and out. A code dealer in Conneticut got blown up today:-)

Is Connecticut needed? - Alex. - 05-16-2012

' Wrote:no its not. I think it shouldnt exist, really. it takes up RP'er slots on the server.
Player slots aren't really an issue any more.

Is Connecticut needed? - Waratah - 05-16-2012

' Wrote:This is an RP server, not a PvP server, it has been for a very long time, and it will remain that way, hopefully.

If thats the case we shouldnt have guns on our ships.