Discovery Gaming Community
Discovery Player Base Guide - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Forum: Tutorials & Tools (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=178)
+---- Thread: Discovery Player Base Guide (/showthread.php?tid=80349)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

RE: Player Base Guide - hades durin - 02-03-2013

(02-02-2013, 10:13 PM)KellyR Wrote:
Quote:When a base affillation is set, players will be hostile or friendly to the base based on their NPC reputations rather than their tag/ship name. The base will override the NPC reputations if the base administrator has explicitly defined a tag as being friendly (or hostile).

So how would a base operator or administrator go about defining a tag as being hostile. I know how you can define them as being friendly but the above implies you can define a tag as being hostile yet I can find no command to do this.

Thanks

Kelly

i think it shoud be here:

/base defensemode 1 = Hostile to non-allied ships, docking rights for allied ships only.

after that all other ships will be a shoot at who are not in the allied list of the base but don't know

RE: Player Base Guide - Daron - 02-07-2013

(11-11-2012, 11:48 AM)Echo 7-7 Wrote:
(11-11-2012, 11:43 AM)Jack_Henderson Wrote: I have a problem.

I want to allow all IMG ID to dock at an IMG base. Not via tags. But I do not want to have it "free docking for all", because that would obviusly include people that I do not want there (and that would cause diplo problems).

How can I do that?
Or how can I open a base to indies, but still keep control of it, so that no people that would not dock at an npc IMG base can dock there?

Tnx in advance!

You want to use the /base rep command with an IMG ship. Any ships which are above -5.5 with IMG will be able to dock at the base.

You don't get Jack here, Echo.
It is about restricting docking according to the ID instead of managing a huge tag list.
It would be indeed a great addition.

RE: Player Base Guide - Sparx - 03-22-2013

I currently have a big problem with my base each time i go to put something in the store by doing this
Would this be correct?

/shop price Silver 1 1 100

It just comes up with this message

ERR Price not valid any help would be highly appreciated

RE: Player Base Guide - SummerMcLovin - 03-23-2013

I would assume Silver should be the shop item number relating to it..? Then you'd want your price (1), minimum quantity (1) and maximum quantity (100).

RE: Player Base Guide - Xelon - 03-23-2013

Well you don't type silver but the number it has been appointed to.

so for example:

1. Basic Alloy
2. Water
3. Food
and so on, so you do /shop price 2 50 5000 10'000

so that you can sell/buy water for 50 credits and a minimum of 5000 up to a maximum of 10'000.

RE: Player Base Guide - Blitzbirne91 - 03-28-2013

I've heard that player bases consume less BA.
Is this info correct or just a rumor?

RE: Player Base Guide - Korlus - 04-03-2013

I've looked over the last seven or so pages and could not find anywhere that mentioned this, so apologies if I'm repeating something from earlier, but I cannot seem to get the links to work.

The links to the different threads all lead me back to the main page.
Is it just me, or has something changed recently broken them?

RE: Player Base Guide - SummerMcLovin - 04-03-2013

When we changed forum software a few months ago, the indexing structure was also changed. Unfortunately this means that old links to threads on the forums will not work, so redirect to the index. You will have to manually search for any that haven't been updated by someone.

RE: Player Base Guide - Zen_Mechanics - 04-06-2013

Heres a video tutorial you requested on the weapon platforms

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIjp4xr0p-o

RE: Player Base Guide - UK1 - 06-21-2013

OK I have a rather interesting problem which some of you people might be able to help me with....
Is there some kind of secret level or amount of weapon platforms a base can support per base core level.
I ask because I have a base which is level 3 which has 5 weapon platforms and they don't seem to work properly...
Then again I also have a core 4 base with 6 weapon platforms which the base defenses work great...
All the plaforms have been positioned dead close to the station just far enough away that the distance counter just about starts to count kilomitores if I was to move just a little futher away...
Now on the second base at core four which the weapon platforms are positioned the same they all work great.
But on the core 3 base they really suck...
So I'm wondering is there some kind of secret limit on how many weapon platforms a base will properly support per each core level and if you exceed that amount the affectiveness drops to a really poor level...??????????