Discovery Gaming Community
Discovery Player Base Guide - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Forum: Tutorials & Tools (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=178)
+---- Thread: Discovery Player Base Guide (/showthread.php?tid=80349)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

Player Base Guide - Discovery Freelancer Tutorials - 05-16-2012

Part XI
EDIT REQUESTS

With the release of Patch 5.0, most of the information has been updated to match the current state of all Player-Owned Base features. It is strongly recommended to use the commands in-game for the most up-to-date information.

If you find that one section of this guide is out of date, or doesn't match the information provided in-game via the base commands,
please do reply to this thread using the template provided so we can efficiently correct anything that's out of place.

........................................................................................................
Code:
[font=overpass][indent]
== REQUEST TO EDIT ==

Part : [color=#80BFFF]ROMAN NUMERAL[/color]

Edit Request : [color=#80BFFF]REQUEST[/color]
[/indent][/font]

Player Base Guide - William Frederick Cody - 05-18-2012

Please add, what it will cost to enlarge a base from base level 1 up to base level 4 in total. What will it cost at minimum. That would be nice.

Thanks in advance.

Player Base Guide - Psymple - 05-18-2012

' Wrote:Feedback:

Please add, what it will cost to enlarge a base from base level 1 up to base level 4 in total. What will it cost at minimum. That would be nice.

Thanks in advance.

Erm...

I think its more of a Time issue than a Cost issue... :O
If you take the shortest routes, it will cost ALOT more.. but it will take alot less time...
So it depends...

Way I see it, I can earn 100 mil an hour... I take the shortest routes possible to my base
and just pay the higher prices...

The fact is that the costs are so vastly different and huge that its more about time than money...

-----

Nice guide...
A good thing to add might be:

Suggestions of what makes a good system for bases to be in.
Such as: Close to BA, Oxy, Water and Food

Edit: For Clarification.

Player Base Guide - Daedric - 05-18-2012

Thanks in advance.

Will do.

Nice guide...
A good thing to add might be:

Suggestions of where to build bases and what makes a good systems for bases to be in.
(Close to BA, Oxy, Water and Food)

There is a short list regarding suggestions on where to construct a base in the Quick Start Guide. I will not name specific systems as it completely depends on what faction the base will belong to.

Player Base Guide - Ronnie Rayburn - 05-23-2012

Thanks in advance.
The minimum cost for materials for each upgrade is ~111 mill SC if you use the cheapest price on the materials needed for it. With a 5k transport, it means 100 trips (500k materials). Maximum cost would be ~1,3 bill SC.

Those who want a more extensive calculation, can PM me to get the Excel-calcs.

I would also like to have the bank-commands for the base added to the guide if possible.

Player Base Guide - Daedric - 05-23-2012

' Wrote:The minimum cost for materials for each upgrade is ~111 mill SC if you use the cheapest price on the materials needed for it. With a 5k transport, it means 100 trips (500k materials). Maximum cost would be ~1,3 bill SC.

Those who want a more extensive calculation, can PM me to get the Excel-calcs.

I would also like to have the bank-commands for the base added to the guide if possible.

I calculated purchasing all the goods from the cheapest point. Cost is in the guide and was around 350m total. This of course is if you did all the work yourself and doesn't include time. And not every ID can purchase the required goods at their cheapest purchase point.

Bank command are on the docket.

@ Everyone else - anything else you can think of please do drop a note here for us and I'll try to get it added in.

Player Base Guide - Daedric - 05-25-2012

Added info about the Docking Module Factory and the Docking Module. Still need info regarding how much cargo space it takes up and what hard point it mounts to.

Added in the base commands and explanations. Most of it was pulled from Friday's Guide.

Added some images to parts of the guide. Plan to add more in to help make certain things easier to understand via visual aids.

Corrected the consumption rates for construction projects. It is 200 per 16 seconds.

Player Base Guide - heaven - 06-02-2012

I want to build a Cloaking Device Factory, but i cannot find it in wiki,how to get Derelict Nomad Artefact (not Nomad Power Cell) ? thanks for u help. :)

heaven

Player Base Guide - Starfish - 06-02-2012

wrong post

Player Base Guide - Hell Hunter - 06-02-2012

' Wrote:I want to build a Cloaking Device Factory, but i cannot find it in wiki,how to get Derelict Nomad Artefact (not Nomad Power Cell) ? thanks for u help. :)

heaven
You loot it from a wreck in omega 58
Also people are camp whoring for it, so its hard.