Discovery Gaming Community
Discovery Player Base Guide - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Forum: Tutorials & Tools (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=178)
+---- Thread: Discovery Player Base Guide (/showthread.php?tid=80349)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

Player Base Guide - Govedo13 - 06-08-2012

Add info about the bug/feature whatever they call it when mounting devices- they require twice the device cargo space to unmount it-so in the some cases player base would be needed to sell the device there and buy it with other ship.
Good guide.

Player Base Guide - Daedric - 06-08-2012

' Wrote:You loot it from a wreck in omega 58
Also people are camp whoring for it, so its hard.

I should add that in.

' Wrote:Feedback:
Add info about the bug/feature whatever they call it when mounting devices- they require twice the device cargo space to unmount it-so in the some cases player base would be needed to sell the device there and buy it with other ship.
Good guide.

I know that bug affects the hyperspace survey units, does it affect jump drives, cloaks, and docking modules too?

Player Base Guide - Govedo13 - 06-08-2012

Yes I had it with jump drive so I guess it affects all. Never build any docking modules yet- I would do after they start to be useful.

Player Base Guide - Daedric - 06-08-2012

added link to aerelm's guide to wreck hunting
added a line indicating where you can find a derilict nomad artifact
added known bug section
added warning about trying to construct a base and not having all of the required goods
added links to the wiki for each jump drive in order to clarify which ships can use them
added a Q&A to the FAQ section regarding setting buy/sell pricing on a single good
added link to AD's player base bug thread

I need to do a reread of the guide to see if there is anything I feel I missed. If anyone else can do the same please drop a line here! Also, suggestions on parts that need imagery would be great!

Player Base Guide - Duvelske - 06-14-2012

' Wrote:You loot it from a wreck in omega 58
Also people are camp whoring for it, so its hard.
NOt to misjudge you guys all. But you can buy it at a base... (if not believe me ask any admin. he/she can confirms..)

Price at that base is: 1 mil

Player Base Guide - Daedric - 06-16-2012

' Wrote:NOt to misjudge you guys all. But you can buy it at a base... (if not believe me ask any admin. he/she can confirms..)

Price at that base is: 1 mil

Which base? A player base? The item is lootable from a wreck, that is how players get it.

Player Base Guide - Ipuvaepe - 06-16-2012

Trade Route Information from my Derelict Nomad Artifact and nearly complete map says that's complete horse****.

Player Base Guide - Daedric - 06-16-2012

' Wrote:Trade Route Information from my Derelict Nomad Artifact and nearly complete map says that's complete horse****.

Do tell then.

Hrm. Meerbusch. Per FLStat that is.

Player Base Guide - Ipuvaepe - 06-16-2012

' Wrote:Do tell then.
No, I mean it's not sold anywhere. Not even on the Lost Battlestar.

EDIT: Except on my player base, that is.

Player Base Guide - Talesin - 06-16-2012

' Wrote:Every 16 seconds the base will check for damage and use 2 Basic Alloy to repair the damage. Then it checks for damage again. If it detects more damage it will use 2 Robotics to make repairs. Then it will check for damage again. If it detects damage it will use 2 Ship Hull Panels. It will repeat this cycle once for every base level. So, it will do it once for Base Level 1, twice for Base Level 2, and so on. This is one repair cycle that processes every 16 seconds.

What if there are no Robotics or Ship Hull Panels on a base that is higher than level one?

Will the cycle start at Basic Alloys again after still detecting damage after the first BA-repair?

To specify:
Will a level 2 base repair two times with Basic Alloy when under siege with no Robotics/SHP stored?
Will a level 3 base repair three times with Basic Alloy when under siege with no Robotics/SHP stored?

Regards,
Talesin