Discovery Gaming Community
I heard a rumor - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: I heard a rumor (/showthread.php?tid=80453)

Pages: 1 2

I heard a rumor - Heraklion - 05-17-2012

Alright so here is what I heard, apparently there is a plan to make the barge unable to jump because of "powertrading"

If this is true then I can only say one thing, how is jumping a barge between 2 places different from jumping, let's say a 5K transport between them? imo If you make the barge unjumpable, it should apply to all transports.

Also in the defense of barge owners, I believe most barges are in the possession of factions who use it to supply their bases and if it's about "fair play" then tell me what isn't fair please? 1 person making money in a regular transport and spending it on other things? or two people spending approximatly 5 billion on a barge, a capital ship, a jumpdrive and a survey module to supply their base / make money with it?

As I said, it's just a rumor I heard, but i'd like to hear more about it (if it's true) also my apologies if I missed any threads about this matter, but for some reason my "search" option isn't working accordingly

Grtz

I heard a rumor - Snak6 - 05-17-2012

Is it possible to take Barge on a jump at this moment?

' Wrote:Is it possible to take Barge on a jump at this moment?
Yes it is.

EDIT: but you'll always need a battleship to do it of course!

I heard a rumor - Echo 7-7 - 05-17-2012

' Wrote:Is it possible to take Barge on a jump at this moment?

Yes.

Also, rumours are bad. I doubt Barges will be prevented from Jumping - they're just going to have their CM removed so that they can't cloak. See Aeternus' Dev Log thread.

' Wrote:Yes.
Also, rumours are bad. I doubt Barges will be prevented from Jumping - they're just going to have their CM removed so that they can't cloak. See Aeternus' Dev Log thread.
Good to hear, if that really is all then I can sleep nicely tonight:P

I heard a rumor - Knjaz - 05-17-2012

I just hope that if something like this will be considered by Devs/Balance team, it won't happen overnight.

Like: "Good morning, sir. Congratulations with wasting 2-4 billions"

' Wrote:I just hope that if something like this will be considered by Devs/Balance team, it won't happen overnight.

Like: "Good morning, sir. Congratulations with wasting 2-4 billions"
+1

I heard a rumor - Daedric - 05-17-2012

I'd just like to add that jumping a barge is a royal pain in the arse. Very doable, but if you have 4+ 5k transports online it isn't worth the hassle of using the barge. Much quicker to just jump the 5ks.

I'm speaking from the standpoint of a guy that has piloted a barge on around a dozen or more jumps. :)

' Wrote:I'd just like to add that jumping a barge is a royal pain in the arse. Very doable, but if you have 4+ 5k transports online it isn't worth the hassle of using the barge. Much quicker to just jump the 5ks.

I'm speaking from the standpoint of a guy that has piloted a barge on around a dozen or more jumps. :)
Well that's true, i've done it twice and it was nervewrecking, but from my point of view there's also alot of RP in it and I would truely hate to loose the privilege of barge jumping because of something as powertrading.

I heard a rumor - Daedric - 05-17-2012

As you pointed out - jumping a barge isn't really power trading. It is far more profitable to either jump 5ks or trade normally. This is because the cost to set up a jumping barge is extremely high.

You have to buy the barge and a battleship. Purchase a hyper space surveyor and do a survey or purchase a survey from a third party. Then lay your hands on a jump drive.

While I don't want to see the ability to jump a barge removed; I'm not going to worry about it. If it is removed, just chug on jumping 5ks and such.